over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stimulants and the Prostate?

jackblack

Newbies
Looking for some feedback on this subject...Have had several reports of preworkout formulas causing prostate swelling and subsequent sexual dysfunction. Curious as to how stimulant interaction would cause this?

I have heard of sexual disfunction do to stimulates but not because of prostate swelling.
Has something do do with overstimulating dopamine.

Looking for some feedback on this subject...Have had several reports of preworkout formulas causing prostate swelling and subsequent sexual dysfunction. Curious as to how stimulant interaction would cause this?

Stimulats can effect the prostate. I know guys who have issues even with ECA.

I know that Geranium extract swells my prostate, always take Saw Palmetto with it.

I could be wrong but i thought the stimulants only affected the urinary sphencter

I don't know about moderate use, but i abuse the shit out of ephedrine (not proud of it, just telling you that this probably happened to me from that abuse)... 120 mg per day is normal dose for me and i'd do it for 3-5 months at a time.

yes, it does cause prostate problems at those doses. low doses, i have no idea.

Are these prostate problems from ephedra temporary or permanent?

So then does high dopamine production cause swelling of the urinary sphincter??

vasoconstriction is what causes sexual disfunction, i dont know about the prostate or urinary sphincter.

Years ago I went to my urologist because my prostate felt tight and I was urinating frequently. I didn't tell him I have been doing months on months of Mexico spiropent clen. He gave me HYTRIN (terazosin hydrochloride) to relax my urinary sphincter muscle. It worked but it made me feel drowsy all the time so I stopped using it then I quit the clen. That's when I stopped urinating more than usually.

Issues

I have never used those energy or pre workout drinks in my life until 3 weeks ago when I said what the hell lets see what all the hype is all about. I must tell you not much after a week my prostate felt enlarge urinating constantly. I was using AMPED by MET-Rx. I was only taking a half scoop as I'm sensitive to stimulants. Probably just bring it to the gym and let the younger guys have it for free, they are always on energy this and energy that.. Mixed with Monsters... I would have a heart attack.

I was wondering if perhaps taking stimulants is creating a seratonin spike and possibly triggering a prolactin production, and this in turn is causing vasoconstriction by some mechanism in the prostate which would effectively constrict the urinary sphincter as well? Unsure exactly how prolactin would effect the prostate or if it is the dopamine levels or other factors as a result of the stimulants.

Stimulats can effect the prostate. I know guys who have issues even with ECA.

I have major issues w prostate and ECA (its the ephedrine) and I normally do not have prostate issues at all. I will not take it at all for this reason.

I have major issues w prostate and ECA (its the ephedrine) and I normally do not have prostate issues at all. I will not take it at all for this reason.

same here, wont touch the stuff (ECA) with a 10 foot pole now

its the norepinephrine release that causes the vasoconstriction, not serontonin or dopamine. its from the artificial fight or flight response you get.

I don't know about moderate use, but i abuse the shit out of ephedrine (not proud of it, just telling you that this probably happened to me from that abuse)... 120 mg per day is normal dose for me and i'd do it for 3-5 months at a time.

yes, it does cause prostate problems at those doses. low doses, i have no idea.

Appreciate this honesty.

Can you honestly "feel" as though it's your prostate??

Chip

120 mg per day is normal dose for me and i'd do it for 3-5 months at a time.

Some of the 12 hour or 24 hour pseudoephedrine cold medicines have 120 mg per pill. Is this the same thing as the 120 mg you take (I only ask because one pill if it's 120 mg doesn't sound like abuse to me, as I hear of people taking 3x a day)?

its the norepinephrine release that causes the vasoconstriction, not serontonin or dopamine. its from the artificial fight or flight response you get.

Very Interesting! Thank You...So then are there differences among stimulants as to their norepinephrine response levels..ie: is ephedra worse than caffeine? Are there any stimulants that do not cause that specific reaction?

Okay, this is going to sound weird and disgusting, so if you feel like making fun of me, please keep your comments to yourself.
I personally think they do.
I don't have a problem with ephedrine, but when I use Adderall (not for working out, I have sever ADHD) I get an ejaculate response where I will drip cum but not orgasm or anything like that just reading, eating, etc.. with no stimulation or erection. Pseudoephedrine aka Sudafed does the same thing...
Pseudoephedrine is used to make amphetamine and Adderall is a combo of 2 amphetamines.
Anyway stimulation of the prostate by the chemicals is what my urologist & doctor feel it is...this does occur amongst other men, a lot are embarrassed, but I don't care!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131