over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stimulants for 12years. Fried CNS??

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
How important is it to give your CNS a break? Thinking back on it I've been on stimulants since I've started working out a good 10-12years ago. I'd say about 1/2 the time has just been a pre-workout drink 5days per week and I even took one on my off days. It ranged from the speed stacks way back in the day with ephedra to the stuff with 1,3 dimethylamylamine,etc.. (typical pump drinks) and the other 1/2 of the time was pretty much the same thing but when dieting I'd add in ephedrine or clen,etc.... So really I haven't been off any stims for 10-12years. Maybe a a few days off here and there when I got the flu or something. I find they don't give me the boost I need anymore but I'm not as concerned with that as I am about my CNS system. I'm guessing its fried? Do I need to cut out everything for it to recover? If so for how long and is there anything I can take for energy? I feel like I'm gonna be bedridden. If I go a day without caffeine or something I can barely function. I figure Syntheselen may be an option as long as it doesn't have any stims and maybe I'll try that Palo Alto labs Reset A.D.

I'm currently on hrt (150mgcyp+25mg proviron) along with peptides and 3iu's GH. Added 400mg primo about 4months ago so with that I figure I shouldn't gain any fat from dropping the stims which is a concern of mine. Wondering if I really need to do anything about this situation and if anything beneficial will come out of it other than being less tired? thanks

Last edited:
Yes, your system is fried. I never use a pre workout drink, because its like any Rx drug... its a forever product, that`s the way the manufacturer wants it, a forever income stream. Stims are for special occasions or short cutting periods to help get the workout done. Take some time off at least a few months, a cup of coffee maybe twice a week if needed. Instead in the morning take some spirulina with juice and you`ll feel just as good. Add some alkaline instead of acid (coffee) and your body will come to life again.

I used stims on a very regular basis for about 10 years.
3 weeks ago came off cold turkey.
Feel great first few days sucked.
I drink Swiss filtered decaff (only decaff with zero caffine).
It's not such a big deal just do it.

I took off july and august from stims to take a break and felt fine

Ok well today was day one and was pretty brutal. It was on off day from the gym so that helped. Tomorrow is also an off day. Friday will be first day back in the gym with no stims. Im going to look for a pre-workout supp that has mood enhancers and other non stims so take that before hand. Its been such a ritual ;(

Ok well today was day one and was pretty brutal. It was on off day from the gym so that helped. Tomorrow is also an off day. Friday will be first day back in the gym with no stims. Im going to look for a pre-workout supp that has mood enhancers and other non stims so take that before hand. Its been such a ritual ;(

Fuck it man. Just let it ride out naturally without caffeine or stims. Do this for 2 months. You'll be glad you did. I know I was

Can you expand on the benefits/changes you have noticed? Thanks in advance.

For the purposes of lifting weights, when experts say to give your CNS a break, or speak of how taxing certain activities are to your central nervous system, they're basically referring to the spinal column. If you feel that your CNS really needs a break, then don't pickup anything really heavy for a week or so.

Your prolonged use of stimulants, ephedrine and amphetamines is specifically affecting your sympathetic nervous system. Those stimulants put your body in the "flight or fight" mode. If that mode had been your body's norm for the last decade then it is no surprise that they don't give you that boost anymore.

Coming off cold turkey may be a bit of a shock for your system, and coming off caffeine cold turkey will result in headaches from hell.... If health is your main concern, come of slowly... taking less and less every day, You can speed up or slow down the process based on feel. If your diet is in check, you shouldn't need fat burners, clen or speed stacks to not get fat.

Coming off of the stimulants is very similar to coming off of adderall, a google search should provide you with a lot of resources of how people cope with that, and what works as alternative sources of energy.

When you come off get ready for some massive head ach. You will probably feel better in the long run tho. Like another said they want you hooked so they get a steady income.

If I take stims every workout it seems the effects get less and less after a few weeks.....I've got to where I ONLY use them if I'm dragging that day, or its a leg day..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I decided im going to come off slowly instead of quit cold turkey. I think instead of taking a stim in the morning and then pre workout i'll just take a pre-workout stim for now on which is only about 4days per week. And on my off days i'll take nothing. That way im only having one pre-workout stimulant drink 4days per week. Maybe i'll ditch the stuff with 1,3 dimethylamylamine and just use something standard.

Stims do almost nutn for me, so maybe my cns is shot.

I'd say you'd be very wise to pick up some Humanofort, 2grams l-tyrosine should help in the morning or pre-workout and should also help adrenal health. Reset Ad is also very good.

How important is it to give your CNS a break? Thinking back on it I've been on stimulants since I've started working out a good 10-12years ago. I'd say about 1/2 the time has just been a pre-workout drink 5days per week and I even took one on my off days. It ranged from the speed stacks way back in the day with ephedra to the stuff with 1,3 dimethylamylamine,etc.. (typical pump drinks) and the other 1/2 of the time was pretty much the same thing but when dieting I'd add in ephedrine or clen,etc.... So really I haven't been off any stims for 10-12years. Maybe a a few days off here and there when I got the flu or something. I find they don't give me the boost I need anymore but I'm not as concerned with that as I am about my CNS system. I'm guessing its fried? Do I need to cut out everything for it to recover? If so for how long and is there anything I can take for energy? I feel like I'm gonna be bedridden. If I go a day without caffeine or something I can barely function. I figure Syntheselen may be an option as long as it doesn't have any stims and maybe I'll try that Palo Alto labs Reset A.D.

I'm currently on hrt (150mgcyp+25mg proviron) along with peptides and 3iu's GH. Added 400mg primo about 4months ago so with that I figure I shouldn't gain any fat from dropping the stims which is a concern of mine. Wondering if I really need to do anything about this situation and if anything beneficial will come out of it other than being less tired? thanks

You still can take 80mg to 100mg caffeine before training, take also 100mg Humanofort , 100mg CoQ10 and 100mg Humic/Fulvic acid with the caffeine.
Also take the Humanofort evening and morning, the Humanofort will help to modify the equilibrium of all the hormones secreted by the adrenal glands.

Thanks for the responses.

Can a fried CNS cause lack in muscle gains and fat loss goals?

You still can take 80mg to 100mg caffeine before training, take also 100mg Humanofort , 100mg CoQ10 and 100mg Humic/Fulvic acid with the caffeine.
Also take the Humanofort evening and morning, the Humanofort will help to modify the equilibrium of all the hormones secreted by the adrenal glands.

I thought I read that the therapeutic value for athletes started at 400mg of caffeine and increased to about 800mgs before loosing its effectiveness?

I thought I read that the therapeutic value for athletes started at 400mg of caffeine and increased to about 800mgs before loosing its effectiveness?

Anything over 100mg will push your adrenal glands. According to Dr. Lawrence Wilson, an expert on adrenal burnout, chronically pushing the adrenal glands with caffeine puts them into a slow decline. Individuals may use caffeine because they are already in adrenal burnout and are looking for energy. The caffeine only allows people to feel better temporarily while continuing to deplete their adrenals.

Caffeine puts the nervous and hormonal systems into a constant state of "flight or fight" stress response, depleting energy reserves. High doze of caffeine disrupts the body's natural cortisol rhythm, it places the body in a constant state of emergency. This constant state of emergency depletes adrenal reserves, forcing the adrenals into survival mode levels of cortisol production only.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws