over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stimulate, don't Annihilate

drgoodbody

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Had a very interesting discussion yesterday with someone who I greatly respect (he was a spectator at the O and knows everybody), and I told him about all my recent aches and pains. Left bicep, left shoulder, right knee, etc... Well he let me have it - and proceeded to take me to the weight room and school ME on proper form, Charles Glass style according to him. I'm used to banging out rep after rep like a machine, and he said my form was for shit (and I always thought I had strict form compared to the average gym monkey - then again they don't look like they lift), and the fact that I've been using heavier and heavier weights is just destroying my connective tissue. So with his guidance he helped me appreaciate how a little weight (like 1/2 what I'm used to lifting) can feel like a lot if your form is very strict and your pace is moderate but very controlled (no super slow or some shit like that). So I'm gonna give a try for while and see how I grow.

Last thing he reminded me of was the I'm in the gym to "stimulate, not annihilate" - I'm not some power lifter trying to muscle the weight up by any means necessisary, I'm a BB who wants visible muscle growth along with some functional strength. So I Thought I'd post this to remind us all about something that I'd forgotten (or maybe never really appreciated fully).

DrG

Good Post. We need to take a step back sometimes and recalibrate our form, workouts and training.....Thanks DGB

good point. sounds like you had a good forum to learn in.

Yeah I am in the same boat right now but cant get myself to listen. I always go to failure almost every set and form is probably to good sometimes. But the thing is all my friends and pros who seem to have the mass are strong as hell. I am gonna have to take a step back and remind myself also. MM:confused:

great thing every once in a while to realy get super strict about form and drop the weight. I know at 250 at 12 reps with super strict form, is 10x harder than 300x12 with realy good form for me. I think variety is the key to any training program though

massmonster32 said:
But the thing is all my friends and pros who seem to have the mass are strong as hell.

As far as Im concerned this hits the nail on the head. Yes with a well seasoned pro (clients of C Glass) with great mass already
this training is OK. But the stronger the BBer-90% of the time the more mass. I think its best to do heavy mass training and then finish up with some stricter high-rep stuff. JMHO.

well, the key is to used charles glass style with the heaviest weight possible..low weight with great form will not get you the results you are looking for.. glass, does advocate good form but, if you watch him, he always advocates the heaviest weight possible to stimulate gains..so , great form with the best weight you can handle.. :D

Good form doesn't mean that you can't move the weight as fast as possible. Obviously you won't be able to move 405 as fast as 135, but you will still be attempting to accelerate it the same. A pro told me to move the weight as fast as possible because it activates more muscle fibers.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws