over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stomach Ulcer, Surgery and Weight loss Drama

9muscle9

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys!

haven't been on here for a little while, really missed reading everyone's posts and seeing any great and interesting threads pop up. had a big life drama and thought I would share it with everyone just so I can give some advice at the end aswell.

So on friday night I got a stomach ache, thought it was nothing and thought it was something that would pass, as it got worse and worse I drank water and took some painkillers and tried to sleep it off. Crawled into the bathroom and puked up for 10 minutes or so and lay on my back and got the most pain I have ever felt in my entire life, It felt like my sides and stomach were ripping apart and I started throwing up green bile and acid every time I tried to drink water to calm my stomach down.

Went to bed in agony and tried to lie there and hoped it would go away, I didn't sleep that night at all and lay in the same position for the next day aswell, in the evening my mum drove me up to the hospital to Accident and emergency and the nurses/doctors spend 3 hours poking at me and asking me a load of questions obviously i told them about the steroid use etc...

At about 4:00am sunday morning they took me in for x rays and emergency surgery thinking it was a problem with my apendix, after waking up from surgery it turned out that my stomach wall had a 2cm ulcer that had got infected and split my stomach wall open realising stomach acid into my abodminal cavity and around all my organs, the surgeon told me he had never known anyone so young to get an ulcer like this.

I spent over a week in hospital with tubes and drips and no food at all because I couldn't eat anything as my digestive system was paralyzed temporarily.

Im back home now and on the mend hoping to be back in the gym in 8 weeks time with some very very light lifting and light excercises.

Ive lost 40lbs of muscle and psychologically that is playing with my head a lot!

so to conclude this little story.

steroids can cause Irritation of the stomach lining and can increase the production of stomach acid and lower the production of protective stomach mucus. This can irritate the lining of the stomach and may cause or aggravate a stomach ulcer.

I don't have anything against steroids at all and don't believe it was entirely due to taking them, I wasn't being careful enough and wasn't paying attention to my health as much as I should have been!

so just a few things that you might like to remember

1. Don't abuse oral steroids
2. Always get bloodwork done at least every 6 months
3. Use a omperazole or stomach acid tablet every day whilst on anabolics

Orals are just a disaster waiting to happen.

My nephrologist once told me, if you want to take aas, stay away from orals.

U/C

A little off topic, but had been living with Ulcerative Colitis for ten years.
I tried all different diets, meds, and even a chem type therapy (Remicade infusion therapy) for 12 months..
Nothing and I mean nothing worked to slow down my digestive tract, so I decided that surgery was the only way to bring some normalcy back to my life. On 04/12/13 was my 3rd and final surgery to remove my colon and large intestine.... now my small is attached to my rectum I have much relief. Still healing from over 6 months of surgery.
I was never a big user of oral. Anavar, winny, halo during prep for show, but whay I believe caused my problem was when I decided to take Accutane, buyer beware. Accutane is probably the worst oral one can buy on the market. If u can stay away with the use of other opt, do so.....
My opinion, if u notice any issues while taking an oral, use ur money on peptides, much safer. Either way, research before any use.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws