over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stomach virus,what do you guys do??

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the past 24 hours I have visited the thrown about 20 times.I cant keep any food in me and Im losing weight and feeling weak as shit.The doctor said there is nothing to do but let it run its course and take some kaopectate (sp) as long as the runs continue if I cant handle it.

He said it takes up to 48 hours to get rid of it.Thats at least until tomorrow morning and by then without some serious food Ill be down 10 lbs easy.What do you guys do in this situation and how soon can I hit the gym and start eating like an animal again?This really sucks balls.I started a serious(3grams/wk) bulking course 2 weeks ago and now I dont know if I should drop the gear and start up in another week or so.I guess I just want to know how you pros and serious BB's handle SHIT like this????? Shit is capitalized for emphasis,cause thats how I feel.......:(

BN.....that's the worst isn't it?!

I hope your illness gets better in a hurry. Good luck. One thing's for sure it is a good way to totally 'flush' your system. You could make yourself a promise to bulk up on clean foods from the point where you get healthy onwards. [bulk on chicken and rice!] hahahaha......just tons of it....yep, I know.....boring!:D

Well I usually start to chew peices of ice if I can keep that down. I start to take sips of gatorade keep sipping and drinking more till you can tolerate it. If you are having trouble with that start sipping pedialyte. You might also get some phenergen its for nausea and vomiting but Im not sure if you have to get the yucky stuff out by vomitting or not. I would try to take sips of chicken broth and crackers also better than not eating. Good luck I wouldnt chunk the cycle cause the gear will still be in your system. Good luck. MM

Im the same boat as you. In the last 20+ hours I have throw up maybe 10x time and they are painfull vomits. Food looks like shit to me. I cant wait for this to pass.

Just had one the other day bloody annoying things !! I couldn't keep any food down either , this is what I did seemed to make it better. Drunk glasses and glasses of water which basically came straight back up ( seemed to bring up what ever was making me sick as well ) kept on going untill my stomach felt like it had thrown up everything. Then piled down protein drink after protein drink with icecream and anything else that would give me some calories. Didn't throw up at all after that : )

i feel your pain brother

it hit me hard as hell a few weeks ago. i basically just let it run it's course and drank gaterade(i couldnt even hold that down at first tho) , the first foods i was able to hold down was 1 can of chicken noodle soup (which isn't alot of food) but after I was able to keep that down, i eventally started to hold down other foods.

my advice, when you do start to eat, make sure you go light, don't want to eat to heavy, and after you hold down a few soft meals, then IMO you're alright to hold down a regualr meal again.

JW

THis is not to be gross or anything but the only thing I could hold down was ice creme. Ate like 2 bowl and with in 1/2 I had to shit like there was no tomorrow. I was on the toilet all night but what ever it was is now in Lake Ontario:D

Hope you get better soon. I hate things like this or injuries that stump your progress at the worst of times! :mad:

thanks guys

I feel so much better now,it passed on.I will hit the gym tomorrow and Im already eating like a pig. I guess we all have been there and it does suck when it happens but with all things,you fall off the horse you get back on. Thanks again brothers.......

Glad your better being sick sucks. MM

Check this out...

Sometimes being healthy sucks. Seriously, just hear me out... I started coming down with a cold on Wednesday night. It hit me hard on Thursday, it seriously felt like an all-out flu. But since I only get sick once a year, a wimpy cold feels like small pox or some shit. I couldn't really move much or think at all.

Now HERE is where being healthy doesn't suck... So on Thursday I drank about 15 cups of green tea, took twice as many vitamins, started taking some mineral complex that I've had sitting around, slept for about 15 hours, and by Friday morning all that was left was the sniffles. Today (Saturday) I did a full squat workout, and even set a 3 rep PR ass-to-floor.

2002 Stats: Me - 1; Germs - 0.

STEVE.....EXCELLENT ATTITUDE, BROTHER!

YOU SOUND LIKE THE TYPE OF FELLA WHO'D BE A GOOD LIFTING PARTNER!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.:D

Thanks man. I actually have two lifting partners right now, a guy who I use as competition, and a girl who I sort of picked up as a Dr. Frankenstein type project. We never miss workouts unless we're sick (I had the flu on days 1&2 of non-lifting days), we eat right, and let me tell you, that girl is quickly becoming one of the strongest and hottest girls in the gym. It's all about dedication and avoiding everything that can hinder gains. :D

Was that inspiring? :p

YES, IT WAS!

I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE....SO I TRAIN MOSTLY AT HOME ALONE. I ALSO TEACH, SO ONCE IN AWHILE I TRAIN AT THE HIGHSCHOOL GYM WHICH IS MUCH LESS STOCKED EQUIPEMENT-WISE THAN MY OWN HOME GYM. I CAN USUALLY SCRAPE UP A SPOT WHEN I FEEL LIKE BENCH PRESSING. BUT, IT WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE A GREAT PARTNER(S) TO KICK ASS WITH. THAT WOULD BE A BLAST! ON THE OTHER HAND I RATHER TRAIN BY MYSELF THAN HAVE SOME DEPRESSING FELLA TO LIFT WITH OR A BAD PARTNER.

This is kinda late - but better late than never!

I assume it was diarrhea that was the problem. When I get it, it seem to be bad, at least a pain in the ass :(

I take 2, 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride tablets (trade name Imodium AD) after first incident - this usually curtails it. If I have on or two more bad bouts, I'll take another 2 and that does it for sure.

xcel

Im starting wonder if any of us really get the so called "stomach virus" im starting to think that its all the food. How many times a day do you eat? 6. How many times a day do you shit? 4? I think its a slow cause of back up in the intestines. That is why I couldnt hold down anything. Ate some ice creme, shit like 10lbs out and im hungrier now then I ever was!:)

Jimbo said:
Im starting wonder if any of us really get the so called "stomach virus" im starting to think that its all the food. How many times a day do you eat? 6. How many times a day do you shit? 4? I think its a slow cause of back up in the intestines. That is why I couldnt hold down anything. Ate some ice creme, shit like 10lbs out and im hungrier now then I ever was!:)

I had a doctor tell me that 90% of "stomach viruses" are food poisoning cases.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws