over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STOP act has been signed into law by Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsJeff

Kilo Klub Member
Legit physician prescribed TRT is something I've been avoiding. Looks like I'm headed that direction!

For most guys here, bodybuilders, and TRT guys alike, the real question needs to be, what will be the long term impact of this? Lots of TRT guys gonna have to let their numbers crash and find some liberal urologists because of this? Or will things smooth out?

Like anything else illegal....if there is a market for the product where money can be made.....they will find a way to get it here.

Like anything else illegal....if there is a market for the product where money can be made.....they will find a way to get it here.
Yeah, even with all the war on drugs they still find their way in by the tons.

Yes, BUT it may take quite some time to adopt new shipping strategies, and when sources do, the new options will likely will be more expensive. Australia is a worst case example.

Again, don't discuss specific shipping methods, or else this thread will get deleted

You think it will take effect this fast? Typically November and December are the best times to order since customers are so busy from Christmas.

We have seen Acts where customs security have been increased before.. it usually doesnt last long.. there is so much mail coming into ports that the increase would have to be greatly Increased to have much of a impact... shipping from different locales etc will happen..

You think it will take effect this fast? Typically November and December are the best times to order since customers are so busy from Christmas.

I would say stock up now so you have everything you need for 6-12 months of 2019 just to be on the safe side. Be a Big, Buff, boy scout and BE PREPARED! :D

We have seen Acts where customs security have been increased before.. it usually doesnt last long.. there is so much mail coming into ports that the increase would have to be greatly Increased to have much of a impact... shipping from different locales etc will happen..

require the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to transmit advance electronic data (AED) to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) on at least 70 percent of international packages by December 31, 2018, and 100 percent of international packages by December 31, 2020. The data will enable CBP to target high-risk shipments for inspection and seizure

[...]

The bill would direct the USPS, CBP, and other federal agencies as appropriate, to collaborate to develop technology to detect opioids and other drugs that enter the United States through the mail.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr5788/summary

The STOP Act would also impose enormous new costs upon the Postal Service — costs of approximately $1.2 to $4.8 billion over ten years have been estimated
https://govtrackinsider.com/stop-ac...ckages-from-overseas-for-opioids-ad5d174ad1a9

There will be a lot of resources poured into this. If there's electronic data for 100% of parcels, all you need is a machine learning algorithm to fish out high risk packages. Combine that with more manpower used for inspections and new scanning technologies, and things could become very cumbersome. I would know, I live in a country with extremely strict customs where the odds of a parcel from China making it through are very slim. US bros don't know how good they have it right now.

Maybe this will open a whole new market for the Mexican drug cartels. The next drug boss to get busted might have a face like El Chapo with a body like Ronnie Coleman.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr5788/summary

https://govtrackinsider.com/stop-ac...ckages-from-overseas-for-opioids-ad5d174ad1a9

There will be a lot of resources poured into this. If there's electronic data for 100% of parcels, all you need is a machine learning algorithm to fish out high risk packages. Combine that with more manpower used for inspections and new scanning technologies, and things could become very cumbersome. I would know, I live in a country with extremely strict customs where the odds of a parcel from China making it through are very slim. US bros don't know how good they have it right now.

Impossible to screen 100 or even 70 percent of all mail like that coming in that’s just not going to happen. It’s like saying they are going to count and track 100 percent of the stars in the universe man. This will change very little of how things are right now. This just allows the gov to say “see we are doing something about it..” but the reality is nothing will change in any significant or meaningful way.

Last edited:
If you think this won’t affect you are very wrong we already saw last year some others passed this whole year has been troublesome.

I agree. I think it will take some time for them to get it fully implemented. How long is anyone's guess, but I would think it take at least 3 months.

I agree. I think it will take some time for them to get it fully implemented. How long is anyone's guess, but I would think it take at least 3 months.

By end of year... easily.

We already saw similar laws last year and they are literally seizing everything even if it’s not illegal.

Always remember you give them a finger they’ll pull your whole hand later.

Impossible to screen 100 or even 70 percent of all mail like that coming in that’s just not going to happen. It’s like saying they are going to count and track 100 percent of the stars in the universe man. This will change very little of how things are right now. This just allows the gov to say “see we are doing something about it..” but the reality is nothing will change in any significant or meaningful way.
No one claimed they are gonna screen 100% of parcels. Nice reading comprehension :banghead: I said they will have electronic data for 100% of parcels, which means a computer algorithm can be deployed to select high risk parcels. Hence, with the same amount of manpower, customs agents will be able to seize many more parcels with contraband. Combine that with advanced scanning devices for only those high risk parcels, and seizure rates will be significant.

Again, people act like this is an impossible feat, when in reality countries like Australia are already doing it.

I feel like its a game of cat and mouse, and it also comes down to each customs agent. Some of them probably don't give a fuck they're just there for a paycheck.

Eventually, the people sending stuff in will figure out a way to get it in safely. And this only talks about USPS I think, right? They're really going to log everything in electronically to make sure it comes from a verifiable source? There are billions of people in the world and the US imports so much stuff, I don't see how that could even be possible.

Time to sit back and see!!

To much stuff coming in with no support for it. My buddy works for customs its just to much to handle. I wouldnt worry. Its all gonna be random screening.

I feel like its a game of cat and mouse, and it also comes down to each customs agent. Some of them probably don't give a fuck they're just there for a paycheck.

Eventually, the people sending stuff in will figure out a way to get it in safely. And this only talks about USPS I think, right? They're really going to log everything in electronically to make sure it comes from a verifiable source? There are billions of people in the world and the US imports so much stuff, I don't see how that could even be possible.

Time to sit back and see!!

Bro, read the thread! It's an electronic monitoring system. You know how fast computers can connectt dots? Each shipper has to have a known origin. Know origins that have had issues? Will be searched. The scanners will flag them and as time goes on, flag them all. I could see system setup like this, that catches 80% of all goods trying to be shipped in that are deemed illegal in say a year. It won't be worth it for suppliers. They will end up smuggling much like the cartel etc. The market will shift. Will their still be suppliers? Yeah, but there could be a few years where things change. It will become an entire different scenario. You'll have guys traveling overseas and trying to bring back their own stuff etc. I think this is the beginning of a significant change. This is not about some lowly customs agent deciding to search a random box or not. This about everything coming in, being scanned and automatically determined what needs to be searched or now. It will be a game changer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws