over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stopping cycle before Surgery?

bigman135

Registered
Hey guys, having hernia surgery next month, currently running prop, mast tren ace, would you guys stay on or come off. I will be under general anesthesia for aboput 2 hours.

I would go off because of concerns about blood clots. Being on AAS does increase chances of getting a clot and you could get one from surgery. I had hernia surgery too and went off about 4 weeks before the surgery to be safe.

I would go off because of concerns about blood clots. Being on AAS does increase chances of getting a clot and you could get one from surgery. I had hernia surgery too and went off about 4 weeks before the surgery to be safe.

agree i know a guy who broke his leg and they couldnt operate on him for over a month becoz he was on a high AAS dose cycle and after a blood test they were concerned his blood would clot if they operated

poor guy had to sit around at home for a month with a broken leg and painkillers waiting for his operation

well the surgery is scheduled for the 19th of april i guess ill stop now? i was on all short esterd drugs(prop tren mast) so i guess ill be ok, there not running a blood test before surgery.

well the surgery is scheduled for the 19th of april i guess ill stop now? i was on all short esterd drugs(prop tren mast) so i guess ill be ok, there not running a blood test before surgery.

Yeah, that should be plenty of time especially since its short estered. I would stay off until youre ready to start execising again. When I had mine done I took 1 week off completely and then went back in but modified my workout. You want to keep any kind of pressure off your core area as much as you can. I had 2 inguinal and 1 umbilical fixed all at once. I did lots of work on hammer strength and other machines and really no free weights at all for about 3 weeks. Nothing like squats,leg presses, dead lifts, bentover rows etc for awhile.

Pay close attention to how you breathe too and be sure to exhail when you are actually doing the concentric (positive) portion of the movement otherwise holding your breath will increase the intrathoracic pressure and you could blow out a patch.

Last edited:
thanks maldorf, how was long was it before you were back to normal strength, i am currently on week 7 of my prop, tren ace,mast cycle, so i will stop for a few weeks then get back on.

thanks maldorf, how was long was it before you were back to normal strength, i am currently on week 7 of my prop, tren ace,mast cycle, so i will stop for a few weeks then get back on.

Well, go off it now until you have the surgery and then say off another 2 weeks I would say.

Back to normal strength, I would say it took me about 4 months or so. MOst of the strength I lost of course was due to me not doing those really essential exercises like squats and going really light weight. It is worth waiting till you heal up though because you dont want to blow out your patches. I take it you are getting a patch and not just sutured together? How many hernias are you having repaired? The # will partially determine how long its going to take you to recover.

I still pushed it a bit too hard and eneded up partially blowing out my umbillical hernia. It was a patch, but even that wasnt strong enough to hold up to heavy dead lifts. I blew it out almost 4-5 months later too. I figured by then it was safe.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member