over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stopping gear before a show....

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Years ago, in the mid to late 90's a lot fo guys would stop all their gear 2 weeks out or so. Some would stay on orals, some would not.

Seems like the 2000's and up a lot of guys KEEP their gear in, and cut with anti e's as well as diuretics to try and look better, BUT do they really look BETTER? bigger yes but better? Even now some old school guys cut it out and they still have better condition than the young guns.

What do you guys do? Keep it? cut it?

Lucian

I dont think cutting it out completely would be benificial , if you waited some and say cut your test a week out then you wouldent relay see any differance as its till their but if you cut it a month out their would be a big differance. I notice that after a while of being off when your in the transition stage and have little to no test activiity i get flat.

Lucian, It all depends on what you are using. Some things you can take up too a show. IMO, I think you are not going to lose any gains in 2 weeks and you will be drier.

I never understood the reasoning behind cutting out all drugs before a show. Yes, some you can cut out if you want, some you don't have to cut out..it all depends on if you have the proper aromatise inhibitors to keep estrogen low, and if you are using diuretics or not.

If you have the proper AI and no diuretics, then you cut out all aromatising products well in advance before your show. But you sure as hell wouldnt pull out non-aromatising agents.

If you have a stock pile of Letro, or A-dex and diuretics...then you can blast test, drol, d-bol, or whatever you want till the day of the show.

I cut out everything, the Test Prop, NPP, Primo and Masteron ...even Hgh with last dosages of everything Tuesday the week before the show.

Do you guys think that starting masteron one week before a show has any benefit? I will not be using anything else and will cut water and use a supplement with some herbs to dry out, no diuretics

I never understood the reasoning behind cutting out all drugs before a show. Yes, some you can cut out if you want, some you don't have to cut out..it all depends on if you have the proper aromatise inhibitors to keep estrogen low, and if you are using diuretics or not.

If you have the proper AI and no diuretics, then you cut out all aromatising products well in advance before your show. But you sure as hell wouldnt pull out non-aromatising agents.

If you have a stock pile of Letro, or A-dex and diuretics...then you can blast test, drol, d-bol, or whatever you want till the day of the show.

The reason is even on all the arima and nolva ext, there is still water IN the muscle which makes it look not as hard. Once a muscle is dry and shredded it looks like it, take a look at the Olympia guys now and then the O guys form the 90s. there is a different look. I think guys use MORE nowadays and back then they used less and dieted and trained harded.

Tom prince posted his cycle as he promised and he stopped everything 2 weeks out. he was DRY as a bone, unlike ANY competition nowadays. Bob chick jumped in and stated its was pretty much true that those are the dosages guys used and how they did it. HG gear, and everyone was concerned with condition not just being huge.

The reason is even on all the arima and nolva ext, there is still water IN the muscle which makes it look not as hard. Once a muscle is dry and shredded it looks like it, take a look at the Olympia guys now and then the O guys form the 90s. there is a different look. I think guys use MORE nowadays and back then they used less and dieted and trained harded.

Tom prince posted his cycle as he promised and he stopped everything 2 weeks out. he was DRY as a bone, unlike ANY competition nowadays. Bob chick jumped in and stated its was pretty much true that those are the dosages guys used and how they did it. HG gear, and everyone was concerned with condition not just being huge.
Bump. It was a retired pro that first told me to stop two weeks out. He competed in the 80's and always came in looking nicely conditioned. Anyway what he explained to me is pretty much what you just said.

Well, cutting out winstrol and tren 2 weeks out would only cause you get softer not harder....At least that's my understand.

Is this the case with non aromatising steroids as well? Does it blur definition from the water within the muscle? Cuz, we know winny, var, halo etc, doesnt hold water beneath the skin...but it does something within the muscle? Am I understanding this correctly?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws