over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STORY TIME WITH LATS.. PART ??

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
i decided to write about this because of vander putting up his photos and questioning why the body has responding to being natural and not really losing size..the story is about one of my buddies who have had seen in over a year.. he competed nationally for a few years and arguably has some of the best genetics i have ever seen..although we still stay in touch, i have not seen him in about a year.. he lives about two hours away and this year has been a real bitch for mwe to train , eat , travel, work ect.. very busy with the kids ect.. you get the picture..
well last week he called and wanted to come up and see me and the wife (have i mentioned i have the best wife ever..but, that is a different subject).. he has not trained in over a year.. he stopped training when he took over his dad's plumbing business and has not had time to get back to the routine.. he also has a child recently which added to the schedule.. and we all know, once you have not trained in awhile it is very easy to not go back..you just get lazy.. his wife told my wife that he is living on macdonalds twice day and what ever she fixes at night..
so last weekend he pulls into the drive way.. i watched for him to get out of his car.. now i should back up a little and tell you that this guy was one of the thickest sob's yo have ever seen when he was training.. he was 5'6 and at one time he got up to 250lbs.. yes, 250 and was pretty lean at that weight.. his last show he did he weight in at 218 at 5'6 inches.. no exaggeration and no lies people.. he was very thick.. but, some of the worst calves i have ever seen.. his only flaw.. quads were sick.. traps were unbelievable..again.. you get the picture.. but, i digress lol..
he gets out of the car with no shirt one and just a pair of shorts and flip flops.. i was shocked.. for someone who never trains anymore and who only eats twice to three times a day he was in really good shape.. it appeared as though he still trained and to the average person on the street there would be no doubt to them that he put some serious time in the gym.. he still had a very small waist.. his traps were still very thick. his bi's were still round, ever when he had them hanging straight down.. he looked like a smaller version of his former self but, still very thick..
whne he came inside, i said "i thought you said you were not lifting anymore?" he gave me a puzzles look and said "i have not touched a weight in a year.. i told ya that dipshit" (he calls me dipshit at least once a sentence..) i said "dude, you look very good.. hell ya still got abs and you look just a little smaller.. not that much really.. for being off at least".. his wife chimed in " yeah, he looks like that all the time.. but, he is getting fat" she laughed.. his abs were still showing.. he then looked really serios and said "ya know.. i miss training and all but, i am convinced this is about as small as i am going to get .. ya know.. for some reasonm i am holding most of my size.. wonder why? but, people still assume i am going to compete and i hate to tell them that i do not lift anymore..can you imagine if i just did some maintence work?" he laughed..
wewent out to dinner than came back to the house.. he walked into my gym in the garage and stepped on the scale.. he weighed 217.. and again he was very lean..we were talking about lifting ect and he started loading up the smith machine.. all the while i am talking he is adjusting the seat for behind the neck presses..(his shoulder have always been his strong point and very strong..) he puts 135 on the bar.. i asked him "what are ya doing?" he said he was just curious as to what he could do now.. he did 10 very good reps.. he shrugged and laughed.. he then put 185 on the bar.. i stiopped hima nd said "you are going to get hurt.. i dont want to hear shit if ya tear something" he laughed.. he got ten again.. he said " there is that pump again" he then complained about the burn.. he then went to 225 .. he got another ten.. a little harder and he was struggling.. i told him to stop before he hurt himself but, he decided to another set with 275.. he got 4 at that point. ans looked like he could have got a few more but said, "it is really burning man".. after a year off.. no supplments.. no gear.. no good eating.. he still was trong for not touching a weight ina a year.. he could have done more if it did not "burn" so bad..
so really sad thing is the next morning i asked him if he was sore.. he said no.. i waited until the late after noon and asked again.. he said no.. then he said " well maybe in my traps a little".. alittle later we went to the garage again and he grabbed a 100 db.. he bent over and started doing db rows with it.. he did a lot of reps per side and i did not count but, he also did a few sets .. just "dickin' " around he said..
i will post tomorrow his picture if i can find them back when he was competing.. i also have a journal i kept with one of our workouts in it.. i wrote down my weights and his weights.. he did very high volume.. it just goes to show ya that drive and determination is the substances for success.. but, your mom and dad will make or break you.. see ya tommorrow night.. ;)

well i havent been up to 250 yet to see if i can hold it LOL yea right. Some people just have good genetics and can hold size well.

With Vander i will give him this... he is very smart with his diet, he knows how to get his protein in throughout the day consistently, and he definatly knows how to train as he is ALWAYS changing shit up and never does the same EXERCISE within a 3 week span per bodypart (try doing that). His arsenal of exercises is insane, like he has a damn encyclopedia made up of different exercises, i dont know where he comes up with these, sometimes he makes a new one up, but u know what, when i trained with him for 2 weeks i was sore EVERY damn time the next day. Angles and keeping the muscles confused work magic. I doubt its dumb luck hes gaining naturally, plus Matty his training partner who is only 20 (6'0" 260) is a fuckin monster. Thatl keep u goin. cant let him get stronger than ya "vandybear" LMAO

Moral of the story-

There both feedin ya full of shit Lats lol ;)

I tell ya there are guys like that..and also guys that have huge muscle without ever touching weights in there life..NOT MANY though...Kinda Like Gooey and His monter legs he trains once every few months :)

Ive seen the opposite a lot more often which Im sure is the category I would fall in. I think a lot of it has to do with what you had to start with
(as Lats is saying) and Just the size of person you were geneticaly meant to be. Ive seen some of the best in my area win state, go to nationals and now Only a few years down the road you could never tell either were above average.

Well thanks LATS, youhave just made me ill. I hate people like that. Why not me???
I have several friends like this, 2 here on the board-
Johnny Bravo and B2K. B2K can not train for a month and walk in and bench
405 for a few easy, watch out if he trains 2-3x wk for a month everything explodes, and he had a barrell chest and huge arms before. Doesnt ever train legs and they look like redwoods, albeit lacking in sweep and shape.
I dont know why I let this guy even be my friend-makes me sick! ;)

MikeS said:
Well thanks LATS, youhave just made me ill. I hate people like that. Why not me???
I have several friends like this, 2 here on the board-
Johnny Bravo and B2K. B2K can not train for a month and walk in and bench
405 for a few easy, watch out if he trains 2-3x wk for a month everything explodes, and he had a barrell chest and huge arms before. Doesnt ever train legs and they look like redwoods, albeit lacking in sweep and shape.
I dont know why I let this guy even be my friend-makes me sick! ;)

now you made me ill. :eek: :D
i want to go in the corner and start crying

Lats .....I just wanted to say that it been great to have you back contributing to the board . You have been sorely missed my friend . You have so many great things to share , are funny as fuck , and are just a class act in general . Keep sharing , because I am listening ............Thanks for finding the time to come back and post .Hopefully some of the other forefathers [ Mike S , Excell , Ry , Big Kiwi , Mikeman , JT , ect...] will resurface and share more . I am not easily impressed , but in the over 2 years I have been on this board ,I have come across some absoulutely great people with absoulutely awesome opinions to share . Thanks again LATS , your time here is greatly appreciated ..........I hope you and your family are doing great .........Welcome back !!!!

Lats, is this the guy that you wrote about that trained like Phil? I remember in the original story you said the guy was 5'6 and 250 with weak calves.

Well to me its seriously a mystery , i cant understand wtf is going on , although i was on for quite some time and expected to lose some size and strength i really didnt feel like i needed to get back on , well maybe once or twice , but then after months went by some weird shit happened i started to gain back strength almost like i was on , then my weight went up and my diet was exactly the same , i eat the same meals over and over so it was strange to see i was gaining on the scale , not really sure when ill return to the darkside but im gonna be extremely interested to see what happens .

shit i was off for a year and never dropped below 305
im also a guy who can not lift for like 3 months, and bang reps with 405 lol
people hate me for that
genetics are a bigger key than people think
frk

Interesting - - is all I can say, BUT

I believe as has been stated - genetics has most to do with this.

I know of two guys that were offensive lineman on a National Championship football team. One used for sure (I got him him some stuff) and the other I can only assume did. I saw the other guy two years after he graduated and he looked looked like a bean pole - more like a skinny basketball player than an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN. My friend that used, tries to workout and stay in shape and after about 10 years, he became the same way.

I know of several LARGE college football players that "were" larger than life in "their day."

I was told ages ago that juice was the great "equalizer." Of course, that only holds true up to a point (that seems to be different level - amount of gains - for everybody). These guys that "lost it all" after juice, IMHO, had genetics that made them be small.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws