over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STORYTIME WITH LATS - part 2

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
When I asked him if he stuck to the same routine he said " well no.. we would get bored and change it up.. my partner would love to do dumbell chest work.. so we would do dumbell work for a few weeks then back to barbell.. we never stuck a set routine I guess.. if I was tired I'd cut back my sets and not train as hard.. if I had lots of energy I'd do alot of work.." when I asked what he thought his average set per bodypart was he said " sometimes it was about 24 sets.. sometimes only 15.. I just didn't keep track "..

When I asked if he went to failure he stated " don't touch my bar" then laughed.. in other words he'd train until he had a doubt.. close but not quite there.. he never did forced reps.. trained hard yes but not to failure..

He had great back development so of course I wanted to see if he did anything special and the answer was no.. just trained it " I didn't do anything no body else did.. I always did chins first.. as many as I could for about 4 or 5 sets.. then we woukd do a row.. barbell.. or t bar.. maybe even dumbell.. back would usually get 6 exercises if I remember right.. just whatever we wanted to do. Or what was available.. it didn't matter.. "

After talking a bit he said his old gym was mainly plates and barbells.. he stated that they had a nautilus leg curl and leg extension .. a cable crossover and lat pulldown.. a leg press on rollers.. and dumbells to 150.. he said the gym once got a nautilus bicep curl and he thought that was " damn right high-tech "..

His biceps and triceps were his best part in my opinion so I asked if there was any " secret" to his arms.. I got the usual response.. " nah.. they grew.. all the rowing and benching.. ya know? They grew" .. but he did say arms require high reps.. " if you training chest.. shoulder .. back hard.. the arms are getting heavy work.. so I decided my arm work would be getting as many reps and sets as possible.. really pump them up"..

So he did a bicep exercise.. 15 to 20 reps or so.. wait about 30 seconds.. do a tricep exercise.. wait then go back to the bicep.. about 5 rounds.. then pick two more to pair up and do it again.. then two more to pair up.. so biceps got 15 sets and tricep got 15 sets.. he said going heavy " just didn't feel right"..

Diet ... part 3

Cool, very similar to what I do. I learned from Jay Cutler instinctive high volume training numbers really don’t matter reps, sets, etc. Go by how you feel.

His biceps and triceps were his best part in my opinion so I asked if there was any " secret" to his arms.. I got the usual response.. " nah.. they grew.. all the rowing and benching.. ya know? They grew" .. but he did say arms require high reps.. " if you training chest.. shoulder .. back hard.. the arms are getting heavy work.. so I decided my arm work would be getting as many reps and sets as possible.. really pump them up"..

So he did a bicep exercise.. 15 to 20 reps or so.. wait about 30 seconds.. do a tricep exercise.. wait then go back to the bicep.. about 5 rounds.. then pick two more to pair up and do it again.. then two more to pair up.. so biceps got 15 sets and tricep got 15 sets.. he said going heavy " just didn't feel right"..

Diet ... part 3

^^^super-sets for arms was/is a favorite go-to for me too

..always looked forward to it with much anticipation & zero dread, lol

IMO ..geared-up "pump-work" for arms is just fun AF

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member