over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strange reaction from 3rd Curcumin shot into research subject

daman2

Registered
So I injected the 3rd shot of 150mg of Curcumin into my research subject today and before the the full amount was injected I had to stop because the subject immediately felt the pungent taste of the Curcumin in mouth and felt tingles all down the throat into the chest area and started coughing uncontrollably for a few minutes.

This all subsided after about 5 minutes and the subject was somewhat shaken.

Subject was injected into the shoulder delt IM and it was the subjects 3rd injection in one week.

I was going to inject 3 times per week @ 150mg each dose until this happened.

Any idea as to why this happened or what this means??

So I injected the 3rd shot of 150mg of Curcumin into my research subject today and before the the full amount was injected I had to stop because the subject immediately felt the pungent taste of the Curcumin in mouth and felt tingles all down the throat into the chest area and started coughing uncontrollably for a few minutes.

This all subsided after about 5 minutes and the subject was somewhat shaken.

Subject was injected into the shoulder delt IM and it was the subjects 3rd injection in one week.

I was going to inject 3 times per week @ 150mg each dose until this happened.

Any idea as to why this happened or what this means??

You injected or had leakage into a vein.

Aspirate.

By aspirate, do you mean make sure that there is no air in the syringe?..because I did that.

Also, I injected the left shoulder of the subject in the same place and this did not happen.

Puncture the skin to the desired depth, whether IM or SQ, then aspirate by pulling back on the plunger. You pull back on the plunger while the needle is in it's desired location to make sure the needle isn't a vein. If it's in a vein, you'll see blood return into the syringe when you aspirate.

If you see blood, simply pull the need out a little, re-aspirate, then if there's no blood, inject. If there's no blood just shoot that shit. If you do aspirate and notice blood, then draw back out, re-aspirate, don't notice blood, and then inject, you're still probably gonna get the taste because you just punctured a vein in close proximity to the injection site.

I always put an air bubble of about .1 - .2 on the plunger side to make sure I inject all of the substance.

----<|( pep )(air)|===|

make sense?

Puncture the skin to the desired depth, whether IM or SQ, then aspirate by pulling back on the plunger. You pull back on the plunger while the needle is in it's desired location to make sure the needle isn't a vein. If it's in a vein, you'll see blood return into the syringe when you aspirate.

If you see blood, simply pull the need out a little, re-aspirate, then if there's no blood, inject. If there's no blood just shoot that shit. If you do aspirate and notice blood, then draw back out, re-aspirate, don't notice blood, and then inject, you're still probably gonna get the taste because you just punctured a vein in close proximity to the injection site.

I always put an air bubble of about .1 - .2 on the plunger side to make sure I inject all of the substance.

----<|( pep )(air)|===|

make sense?

Yes, perfect sense and I did not realize I should be doing this so thanks for the valuable information for sure.

----<|( pep )(air)|===|

make sense?

And subsequently inject that air every time?

Yep. It doesn't normally inject it's just enough air to clear the substance completely from the needle giving you 100% if your drawn up substance. Even if it does, that minute amount of air isn't going to harm your body, even if you sink it into a vein and don't aspirate. You could inject an entire IV line worth of air into someone and their heart wouldn't skip a beat.

Last edited:
asperating shouldn't put any air in the pin, its inside so its a vacuum so there is no real air.

asperating shouldn't put any air in the pin, its inside so its a vacuum so there is no real air.

I know. I'm talking about putting .1 of air in prior to injecting. Doing it yourself. So you don't waste anything which is in the needle and hub.

If you aspirate and are not in a vein, nothing will enter the syringe.

I never aspirate at work or in the lab...I don't understand how people are hitting veins. I've given....THOUSANDS of shots and never hit a vein.

I was doing a localized numbing before suturing a finger, I stuck my needle into the beginning (proximal) portion of the middle finger, just below the knuckle, upon aspiration, I saw blood.

You never ever know where you will find a vein. Complete chance. Unless you're trying to hit one.

I would like to know why the Curcumin injections are staying so sore for a week at a time into each injection site on the subject?? Shoulder, Glute, Ab...same horrible soreness.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws