advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strategies to Manage Hunger while dieting?

Lol. It certainly sounds ass backward, but after getting used to it, my hunger is a lot more manageable. I feel pretty damn good for those first 4 hours after waking while I'm fasted. Blood glucose is steady, too. I can't manage the fasted training thing though... cardio, yes. Lifting? Forget it.
Yeah I fast till noon time and I eat my last meal by mid night,so at least 12hrs there...When I don't work so late last meal is by 9pm...

The Growth Clinic©SPONSORED ATHLETE®THE REAPER

kratom

drink some kratom mixed with water, that take care of the hunger for a bite what ive tried near bedtime i got in a bad habit of getting up couple hours after bedtime eating im getting to old for that so i tried some kratom at nightime before bed killed the hunger..not saying id suggest this method but i do know it works

Never heard of Kratom until this thread. Will have to look into this to possibly try out. Is there a certain brand/type anyone recommends?

Honestly, if you are eating a structured well designed, real foods based
diet.................you should not be hungry.

Maybe the final phase of a contest prep may be a bit challenging.

But if you've done thing correctly, and lowered your BF levels over the
proper amount of time, no biggie.

And taking things others have mentioned are simply not needed.

-MT

Chewing tobacco and smoking! JK

Actually I'm surprised how common it is within competitors, like our sport isn't (potentially) dangerous enough

-MT
Also, to piggyback off what you said, hunger is usually more indicative of body fat levels and not so much calorie restriction (unless it's an absurd deficit). For example, an athlete at 5-6% body fat will typically feel hunger pangs regardless of caloric intake whereas an athlete in more of a "fed" state of say 14-15% body fat may not experience nearly as many hunger pangs.

The closer you get to the essential body fat threshold, the more your body will send hunger signals :).

But yes, you are obviously correct in your statement, brother.

Chewing tobacco and smoking! JK

Actually I'm surprised how common it is within competitors, like our sport isn't (potentially) dangerous enough

I donnt smoke or dip regularly at all but I LOVE Snus pouches honestly... I dont get anything from gum or patches.

-MT

Hunger is HUGELY affected by genetics. You cannot say someone eating a well structured diet just "shouldn't be hungry". There are skinny people who feel full all day eating 2500 calories and there are heavy people who eat 4000+ calories and are very hungry most days.

When I was younger I would be ravenous during my entire diet preps. Now that I'm older and my appetite has been quelled I can lose weight and almost never be hungry, even though my diet is almost identical to years ago.

You're confusing genetics, which are largely formed at conception, and
cannot be changed, unless you've figured out something scientists
have not been able to conquer to this point.

And metabolism, which does indeed change as we get older.

-MT

Hunger is HUGELY affected by genetics. You cannot say someone eating a well structured diet just "shouldn't be hungry". There are skinny people who feel full all day eating 2500 calories and there are heavy people who eat 4000+ calories and are very hungry most days.

When I was younger I would be ravenous during my entire diet preps. Now that I'm older and my appetite has been quelled I can lose weight and almost never be hungry, even though my diet is almost identical to years ago.

nicotine gum/lozenge/patch

I like the patches the most

helped with focus, alertness, appetite suppression, etc.

I haven't suffered any withdrawals (I was chewing up to 6 pieces of 4mg gum a day)

This is it right here. Best appetite suppressant I have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're confusing genetics, which are largely formed at conception, and
cannot be changed, unless you've figured out something scientists
have not been able to conquer to this point.

And metabolism, which does indeed change as we get older.

-MT

I never said genetics can change (although if you study genetics you will understand there are examples where it does and our actual DNA does change as we age.)

Regardless, I said my appetite changed, which is a fact for many people, and I said hunger is hugely affected by genetics, which is also a well known fact. So again, one can certainly be hungry when in a caloric deficit despite what that diet is composed of.

Not any of our clients :lightbulb:!

In fact, several have trouble getting all the meals in........and are getting
leaner by the day!

People try to blame genetics on everything.......instead of their own
lack of knowledge and fortitude.

-MT

I never said genetics can change (although if you study genetics you will understand there are examples where it does and our actual DNA does change as we age.)

Regardless, I said my appetite changed, which is a fact for many people, and I said hunger is hugely affected by genetics, which is also a well known fact. So again, one can certainly be hungry when in a caloric deficit despite what that diet is composed of.

leaner by the day!

-MT

I have read other posts of yours, so I know you have experience. Because of that, it seems as though you are disagreeing for the sake of it.

"Fortitude" has absolutely nothing to do with hunger. I am not saying genetics prevent people from losing fat. I am not saying diet composition does not affect hunger. Obviously it does and obviously a diet consisting of chicken, broccoli, avocado, etc will blunt hunger far more than a similarly caloric diet consisting of candy bars.

But to act like genetics do not hugely affect hunger shows such an ignorance of basic physiology, ghrelin out, leptin, and other satiety factors it makes me question if all of your knowledge is simply anecdotal.

And if that's what you want to use, my anecdotal experience is that plenty of people will be hungry when dieting even when eating entirely healthy, nutritious, fiber-rich and protein-rich foods. Thousand's of bodybuilder's anecdote would trump that of your handful of clients.

leaner by the day!

-MT

Why am I starving on 3500 cals? how do I make the hunger stop

Well..............................I guess you told me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're borderline being disrespectful, so watch your words or you may find
yourself in a place that so many others go.

I didn't notice you were a Newbie, should of guessed.

You're all the same but you gotta start somewhere.

C-ya!

-MT

I have read other posts of yours, so I know you have experience. Because of that, it seems as though you are disagreeing for the sake of it.

"Fortitude" has absolutely nothing to do with hunger. I am not saying genetics prevent people from losing fat. I am not saying diet composition does not affect hunger. Obviously it does and obviously a diet consisting of chicken, broccoli, avocado, etc will blunt hunger far more than a similarly caloric diet consisting of candy bars.

But to act like genetics do not hugely affect hunger shows such an ignorance of basic physiology, ghrelin out, leptin, and other satiety factors it makes me question if all of your knowledge is simply anecdotal.

And if that's what you want to use, my anecdotal experience is that plenty of people will be hungry when dieting even when eating entirely healthy, nutritious, fiber-rich and protein-rich foods. Thousand's of bodybuilder's anecdote would trump that of your handful of clients.

Goal,

Without knowing what you macros were before starting, your current diet and timing of your meals, your stats, goals, training style and frequency and pictures, I honestly couldn't make any recommendations.

Everyone is so unique that a cookie cutter response would not be best.

There are so many variables other than calories,

Are you dropping BF at a respectable rate?

-MT

Why am I starving on 3500 cals? how do I make the hunger stop

Goal,

Without knowing what you macros were before starting, your current diet and timing of your meals, your stats, goals, training style and frequency and pictures, I honestly couldn't make any recommendations.

Everyone is so unique that a cookie cutter response would not be best.

There are so many variables other than calories,

Are you dropping BF at a respectable rate?

-MT

I know being hungry is a part of it and I'm used to it and everyone will feel hunger on different cals, I'm just surprised I'm this hungry on pretty good amount of food

405 protein
270 carbs
100 fats

Before diet started I just added 1-2 bad/restaurant meals per day to the above

Down 15lbs in 4 weeks, weight loss is slowing but I'm getting leaner. Ill be ok just 11 more weeks to go.

One way I manage hunger is I cook and bake lol, my whole family gets fat while I get lean. Somehow cooking without eating is still satisfying

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131