advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strategies to Manage Hunger while dieting?

Lol @ some of you guys, you do realize that if we lost muscle mass after not eating for a measly 16-48 hours of fasting NONE OF US WOULD BE AROUND NOW, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN EXTINCT EONS AGO..

Common guys just think about that.

Lol @ some of you guys, you do realize that if we lost muscle mass after not eating for a measly 16-48 hours of fasting NONE OF US WOULD BE AROUND NOW, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN EXTINCT EONS AGO..

Depends on what your goals are. Regular people can fast and it won't make a difference, average gym rat can fast and not worry about muscle loss

but

if you want to be the best bodybuilder you can be it is beneficial not to fast, can't imagine Phil Heath not eating for more than a few hours when getting ready for a show

I think it would be interesting to see an actual scientific controlled study using a professional bodybuilder. Same training and overall caloric intake. Same macros. Same rest, etc. Have him use IF protocol for 8-10 weeks and then have him eat a typical "bro" style of dieting using nutrient timing, etc. It would be cool to see if and how composition changes.

I do not recommend this, sibutramine is dangerous and can destroy cholesterol and spike blood pressure all for the sake of not being hungry.

I have had non of these sides, my doctor prescribes it for me freely.

I have had non of these sides, my doctor prescribes it for me freely.

MMS: Error

Not sure what country you live in where they are still prescribing meridian but with all the other shit we take , I find it scary to justify taking a hunger suppressant known to increase the chance of heart attack/ stroke

All opinion

I like IF, but I still don't think it's optimal if one is trying to maximize their muscular potential. If I were making a run at nationals, I would definitely be eating more frequently in the offseason, at least for peace of mind lol.

As for naturals, fasting that long in my opinion is not the best option. Seeing as we're anabolic almost around the clock, they rely more heavily on food to sustain lean tissue. Sure, it's splitting hairs, but those are my thoughts (no science backing this. Simply my brain doing its thing lol).
well, ofc it is not suitable for 120kg+ guys that are in good shape and have tons of muscle. They wont be able to get their caloric intake for the day in the feast window.
But for an "average" gym rat (natural or not doesnt matter in my opinion) it does not make a difference. I can tell you from first hand:
I always used to eat 6+ meals a day, even marco distribution. Compared to IF, i put on fat much more easily without adding extra muscle. (bf measurements proved this, and not with a bf scale, i dont know the english word for the measurement instrument, it measures thickness of your body layers). Now on IF, i still put on some fat along with muscles but way better ratio.
I dont believe ANYONE loses muscle during 20hours fasting. For pros on the chase for maximum mass there are other factors that make IF unsuitable
(amount of calories, going hypo due to drugs, ...).
BUt an average gym rat like me who just needs 3000kcal a day to lean bulk there is no disadvantage (yet, maybe i will find one if i am 1+year on IF)

Last edited:

How long do you fast for normally b-boy??

I'm thinking about giving it a much more serious try very soon due to my ulcers and stomach issues.

Also what's your opinion on sipping BCAA's during your fasted period

I'm thinking about giving it a much more serious try very soon due to my ulcers and stomach issues.

I fast between 16-20 hours everyday.
If I was super paranoid about loosing muscle or if I wasn't on a ketogenic diet (high amino blood levels) I would sip on bcaas or EAA's

:pyou could try watching little slice's mom eat a cheeseburger. That should crush your appetite

well, ofc it is not suitable for 120kg+ guys that are in good shape and have tons of muscle. They wont be able to get their caloric intake for the day in the feast window.
But for an "average" gym rat (natural or not doesnt matter in my opinion) it does not make a difference. I can tell you from first hand:
I always used to eat 6+ meals a day, even marco distribution. Compared to IF, i put on fat much more easily without adding extra muscle. (bf measurements proved this, and not with a bf scale, i dont know the english word for the measurement instrument, it measures thickness of your body layers). Now on IF, i still put on some fat along with muscles but way better ratio.
I dont believe ANYONE loses muscle during 20hours fasting. For pros on the chase for maximum mass there are other factors that make IF unsuitable
(amount of calories, going hypo due to drugs, ...).
BUt an average gym rat like me who just needs 3000kcal a day to lean bulk there is no disadvantage (yet, maybe i will find one if i am 1+year on IF)
I agree with you. Getting 6,000 calories in during an 8 hour window isn't easy. I know I can do it (done it before) but I couldn't manage that on a daily basis. My stomach was wrecked the next day :p

I agree with you. Getting 6,000 calories in during an 8 hour window isn't easy. I know I can do it (done it before) but I couldn't manage that on a daily basis. My stomach was wrecked the next day :p

To add to this one of the real benefits I found from IF is the fact that my waist got tiny because of how much time I didn't have food in my stomach, I feel like cramming 6k in an 8 hour period is just begging to distend your gut!

Lots of baked vegetables helps. Not in pan, actually baked in the oven , seasoned.

eating every hour sometimes very small amounts helps manage hunger as well. Napping, sleeping as well

This video is great

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zF8DrlVmM4"]NUTRITION TIPS - FULL EXPLAINED BY MILOS SARCEV // SVE O ISHRANI - BY MILOS SARCEV /// - YouTube[/ame]

Just want to say thank you to all those who contributed to this thread. Lots of interesting ideas in here.:headbang:

i always up the veggies if my hunger is an issue. cauliflower rice is great too, and super fizzy seltzer is great (swear it helps a ton)

Another proponent of IF here. I have my last meal at 9pm and don't eat again until noon the next day. I'm rarely, if ever, even hungry before noon. I love the idea that I can basically eat as much as I want in that 9 hour window and still not get soft but I will admit sometimes the dinner binge is real!

Lol so true brother. People think it's super easy to lose muscle if God forbid they don't eat for an extended period and fast longer than most people do; around 12 to 14 hours being more of the common non eating length. I use to have that bro mentality back in the day too.

I eat 1 to 2 times a day and sometimes go 48 hours. This was a few weeks ago of 1 meal a day for a few weeks but usually it's a few days of 2 meals (18 hr fast) and a few days of 1meal (24 hour fast) over a 7 day period. I'm also fully keto: 1495500960640.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:

That's not fasting that's eating....there's other benefits of fasting, it's not all about weight loss.....if you're looking to experience other more serious benefits of fasting than any sort of caloric intake especially amino acids, which trigger a fed state in the brain, will be detrimental to those goals.

Last edited:
Lol so true brother. People think it's super easy to lose muscle if God forbid they don't eat for an extended period and fast longer than most people do; around 12 to 14 hours being more of the common non eating length. I use to have that bro mentality back in the day too.

I eat 1 to 2 times a day and sometimes go 48 hours. This was a few weeks ago of 1 meal a day for a few weeks but usually it's a few days of 2 meals (18 hr fast) and a few days of 1meal (24 hour fast) over a 7 day period. I'm also fully keto:View attachment 92106

Your physique is always so impressive. Any tips for those 48 hour fasts? Longest I've gone was a little over 30 hours and I only did that once last summer. Most days I do 16 hours fasted.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws