over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STRECHING FOR BODYBUILDING. YES OR NO?

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
It seems that of all aspects of bodybuilding training, stretching is the one part that is most often ignored by the majority of people. After an intense workout, a little cardio, the last thing I felt like doing was hanging around the gym to stretch! LOL The one thing I didn't realize is that when stretching is properly integrated into a weight training program it can actually speed up your muscle growth! By utilizing stretching exercises that are designed to stretch the connective tissue which surrounds the muscles, which will expand the fascia and enable the muscles to grow bigger and stronger. You DO NOT have to do each and every stretch after every workout. Just stretch the muscles that you trained! The actual time commitment to doing these stretches is minimal(about 5-10 minutes at the end of a workout). I saw noticeable improvements in my muscle fullness and separation within the 6-8 weeks after incorporating stretching in to my routine.
GD

must be the most undertalked subject in our industry. Im mindblown.

Thinks this would be ALOT better way to stretch the faschia without injecting
oil.. whole muscle get bigger and rounder. Will start to massage and stretch after all my workouts. Smoking cannabis before so it get 50x the work. Its almost a waste without cause body can never get loose enough. And im always taking bath before stretching, but thats nothing vs 1-2 puff of cannabis.

Seems like stretching n massage put everything back into place. Got alot more shoulders defentition, with chest. massaged shoulders, bic, triceps n forearms yesterday. Looks alot better in just one day. N feels amazing.

Yes I agree with you 100%. I stretch the muscles I’m training in between sets. It stretches the facia and keeps you loose and limber. I still want to tie my shoes and wipe my behind and not walk around like a stiff. Stretching is all around healthy and beneficial.
But I don’t believe in stretching cold muscles. I’d warm up or stretch after training or cardio.

www.PharmaComStore.ws

Totally agree. I stretch the muscle I'm training between sets after I've done a few warm ups. It's good for the muscle and I have to think it's partially why I've never had a serious injury.

As said..it helps to prevent injury.. the older I get the more this has been true for me.. a good stretching routine keeps me in the gym

As said..it helps to prevent injury.. the older I get the more this has been true for me.. a good stretching routine keeps me in the gym

Recent studies say stretching before exercise INCREASES risk of injury because the muscle is lose and tendons not as taught. The idea is you lose the elasticity of the tendon. I do call some what bullshit.

It depends on what kind of activity your doing after stretching. If your a football player and want explosive movements, yes, you do not want to be overly stretched out just prior. Your tendons can handle normal body weight. Now if your doing bench press or any other standard resistance training I don`t feel it matters as much. On the bench, you should NOT be using the elastic feature of tendons to bounce the bar off your chest.... But oh how people love to do that so they can ego lift a few more pounds. That is when injury happens. When a movement is done properly and the weight lifted by the target muscle(s) vs engaging tendon reflex, it is fine to stretch before and during lifts.

stretching the muscle being worked, before and during, actually makes u weaker.
if u stretch them that day do it after only.
i have stretching days between workout days. bout an hour total. im 49 and some stretches for back and legs i could barely get into the starting position. now i can almost touch my head to my knee, and feel lighter, or more nimble now when i hike.

Half of the studies show that stretching helps reduce injury and the other half show it has no affect. Virtually every study that I have seen shows stretching between sets causes people to be weaker. So that may actually lower injury rates but it wouldn't help me get to the goals I am shooting for.

Recent studies say stretching before exercise INCREASES risk of injury because the muscle is lose and tendons not as taught. The idea is you lose the elasticity of the tendon. I do call some what bullshit.

It depends on what kind of activity your doing after stretching. If your a football player and want explosive movements, yes, you do not want to be overly stretched out just prior. Your tendons can handle normal body weight. Now if your doing bench press or any other standard resistance training I don`t feel it matters as much. On the bench, you should NOT be using the elastic feature of tendons to bounce the bar off your chest.... But oh how people love to do that so they can ego lift a few more pounds. That is when injury happens. When a movement is done properly and the weight lifted by the target muscle(s) vs engaging tendon reflex, it is fine to stretch before and during lifts.

No your study is flawed and flat out wrong

Trainers in the nfl have players warm up with the activity they are doing like running,throwing catching etc... they stretch as a cool down not as a warm up. They know stretching does make things weaker and more brittle and less taught. These are professionals protecting multi million dollar investments here. I’m sure there is a very good reason they follow that protocol now. Overstretching definitely causes more injuries. Iv been through 9 joint reconstructions and everybtherapist Iv had taught me these principals as well.

DC stretches for the win after workout. I really need to take that extra 5 minutes to do them more consistently.

stretching during=no

as stated just like "real" athletes we should all be warming up first. warm up is 10 mins minimum fast walking or bike, need to get the hr up and get a lil sweaty!

then on to full rom movements to get the crunchies out those before and to some degree while doing warm up sets.

then finish the workout with dc type stretching and active recovery, again walk or slow bike. the cool down is to bring hr back down again while moving blood around the body, you want to depump essentially.

stretch cold, nono!:naughty:

doing this does make a difference in recovery.
recovery is where its at!:headbang:
:star-w:rs
:welcome:

I agree with the thread, stretching helps a lot and like AShop said, especially important as you get older. I can attest that it has helped my injuries (chronic arthritis in delt) in a major way and increased flexability. ANd yes, it takes 5min, so why not?
Now as for stretching during a workout static stretching is prohibited. Your muscle fibers are sending contractile proteins (mycin and Actin) across the cells to SHORTEN the muscle when lifting. Stretching (LENGTHENING) will confuse the body and cause issues in you lifts and maximum performance. In this case, during workouts, dynamic stretching is much better and recommended.

I think the type of stretching can vary depending on the day... I do more active isolated and dynamic before lifting (also more time efficient) and save the slow static stuff for after cardio.

If you try to do all the static stretching and foam rolling before a heavy lifting day, you sometimes never get time to lift!

Absolutely stretch.

Just make sure it's after you lift, now before.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpsPfg9CNB4"]The Benefits of Stretching - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear