over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

strong & fat, or weak & lean?

Weak and lean. Far more female attention being lean than being strong and fat. Plus it's healthier, and our "weak" is still stronger than 99% of the general population.

lean and strong....no need to be fat....ever!!

I would chose weak and lean anyday who cares how much weight you can move, although my body is naturally strong but likes to hold on to fat. I wish i was just really tall and skinny and didnt have to work so hard for my looks.

What if you are not yet big enough to be lean . . and you don't wanna play around with powerful drugs . . .

Depends on muscle mass. id much rather be a little fatter with muscle then just a skinny guy. Like i'd take a more "lumberjack" build over a Mclovin build. If were talking strong and fat and muscular v.s. weak and lean and muscular then def weak and lean and muscular.

What if you are not yet big enough to be lean . . and you don't wanna play around with powerful drugs . . .

than you know that on the day you will decide to get lean , after you gain the size ..you will be lean and strong.:cool:

I dunno about you guys, but I have about 20% less pressing strength when I'm very lean, than when I gain weight...

I'm leaner now than i have ever been (steadly) and nearly as strong despite having dropped some 45lbs of body weight.

Once i got my head around the fact that its the food and proper training that make the bulk of the strength and size i was able to cut the drugs way back and get leaner and stay strong.

So my vote , Lean and Strong

Lean, health is more important than simple strength. Also a fat physique no matter how muscular looks shit IMO.

Depends on what you find more important, pussy or strength. Not easy to find a happy medium.

Depends on what you find more important, pussy or strength. Not easy to find a happy medium.

Well, since I'm married, it's kinda impossible to chase pussy anymore...:naughty: And since I'm 43, I admit I don't miss it...

The thing that keeps me motivated is lifting more, and more weight = strength gains. After all, it is strength training, isn't it?

And if I eat a bit more than I need, I'm always get stronger than I would if I ate a lil' bit less than I need...

Strong and lean. 7% to 12% body fat range. I will not hit over 12% body fat.

Last edited:
wow this board is going down the tubes :(

where are all the old vets at? please help save this board from becoming a "newbie board".... its getting bad fellas. :banghead:

In a perfect world...lean and strong...but if I had to choose between the two it would be strong and fat...you have to remember that fat is a relative term...what we consider fat, is considered in good shape by the general population...

Y not lean and strong ???

That's great... But, if you take a lean person and he puts on weight while training full bore, I'll bet he won't get weaker...

Kinda learned that from my 20 years of lifting newbie experience...

i guess it all depends, but definitely more healthy to be lean and weak than to be fat and strong
ill keep trying to be lean and strong:D

If done correctly you should not get weak until your body gets very lean (5-7%6%) or depleted. I am no expert but i lost 88lbs for a contest back in October (291-203) over 21 weeks. I did not get weak, until I hit 240-250 range, and then I think it had more to do with eating 50 grams of carbs daily M-F while trying to work full time and doing 2 hrs cardio daily. And the weakness was more self limiting due to the fact I was feeling all the stress in the joints and I did not want to tear anything (albeit I had mutliple pec and quad strains , shoulder pain, and lateral epicondylitis.)

Lean, wont go over 10-12% ever, don't like ithe fat look.. 44 years old, married and I still chase my wife's ass constantly. I am strong enough to out-lift most the fat-ass-permabulkers in my gym :D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws