over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strong Man Contests!!!!!

massmonster32

FOUNDING Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Great new addition to the board. PB will definately do a great job running it as I have read alot of his posts on this type of training and stuff.

My question is after watching the Strongest Man Contests on TV I just gotta say ouch. How do you guys even with training and prep still not have knee, back, shoulder pains constantly.

Its awesome to watch I try to watch every time it is on. Those guys competing gotta have some heart and dedication though. Thanks.MM

Thanks for stopping by MM.

The strongman comps are tough. You have to be strong and be in great shape. Those contests will kick your ass. Most of the competitors have the same aches and pains that all of us do. You work around injuries and try to prevent them from happening again.

As far as training goes, you need access to some of the implements they use in competition. Some guys pool their cash and buy stuff. Then they train in someones back yard. I think most of them only spend about 2 days/wk in the gym and the rest of the time doing event training. Hopefully I can get a few stongman competitors to come around here.

PB

I did some Highland games and won the two I entered. I knew a guy who had a 56lb weight. It is used for distance and height. That thing will make you look stupid real fast if your balance is a little off.
It is hard to find 300lb stone balls to mess around with, and that is if you can find a comp. in your area.

you can buy or rent the stone molds and make them yourself. a lot of the strongman equip is pretty cheap.

I think I saw stone molds advertised in PL USA. Most of the other stuff you can make or buy. The biggest problem is "where do you put it all?". My neighbore already think I'm nuts. If I had all of that shit in my backyard they would call the looney bin on me. On the other hand, it would be cool to get the neighborhood kids involved. I'd have to mini-size the equipment tho.

PB

Ive been meaning to incorporate some strongman training into my routine to help build some functional brut strength but I cant imagine how I could even store any of the equiptment, much less use it somewhere...any ideas? The only thing Ive been doing so far is pulling (sometimes pushing) my car up and down a runway but its feels a little light and turns out to be more of a cardio/sled dragging kinda thing than a exercise for strength.

Gene

Have you thought about attaching a rope to the front of your car and pulling it towards you while you're sitting down? I used to do that with my truck. Killer back and bi workout. Good luck with your training.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear