over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

strong man training for size?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i was watching WSM last night and it got me thinking. Im looking at Pudziansowski and shit, if he droped alittle bodyfat, not that he carries much anyway, he would be a huge threat in the bodybuilding arena. I mean the guy is inhuman. so would adding strongman training help or hurt when it comes to putting on pure size? ive never seen a small guy that could throw around atlas stones, or complete the farmers walk. or hell my favorite the squats with the kegs goingup to 795 lbs!

id appreciate any input.

Strongman training will build huge legs, glutes, erectors, traps, triceps, shoulders, and some midback.

You wont see much chest, rear delt, biceps development and you should do some supplementary back work for the lats.

Pudz does A LOT of training and he trains a bunch of different modalities such as martial arts, cardio, etc. and he trains multiple times a day. So just doing SM training isnt going to make you look like him.

I will say that nowadays, WSM isnt really that heavy. Ive trained SM and we were using weights at or well above what they use at WSM. The difference is that WSM requires you to run with lighter weights in fucked up enviroments.

Now IFSA is more traditional and most of the stuff there is just brute strength stuff. Both guys in both groups are strong, but the IFSA guys usually edge out on top in the Arnold Classic where WSM and IFSA guys meet.

That guy is a beast, I'm thinking of doing some shit like this myself. I'd like to switch to something different for awhile and focus on brute strength and density

That guy is a beast, I'm thinking of doing some shit like this myself. I'd like to switch to something different for awhile and focus on brute strength and density

Its definitely fun and a change of pace. Just know that to be good at it, one must practice the events. Gym lifts help and provide a base, but just because youre the strongest DLer or squatter doesnt mean that you walk quickly with an 800lb yoke or pick up a 300lb stone.

In my experience, the BBers who get into SM do really well at the log and other events that mimic gym lifts. They also do well at stuff like chain drags because theyre used to the lactic acid build that drops most people.

I saw a bulking diet of his once........ridiculous. I'm sure they were blowing it out of proportion, but it was full of snickers, ice cream, etc. I did see him at the Olympia a few years back, and he is much larger in person than i even expected. Genetically blessed.

Pudz does A LOT of training and he trains a bunch of different modalities such as martial arts, cardio, etc. and he trains multiple times a day. So just doing SM training isnt going to make you look like him.

You forgot about dancing!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=PNcGY7K0ilA

You forgot about dancing!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=PNcGY7K0ilA

WOW:eek: WOW:eek: WOW:eek: WOW

that just goes to show u that Super Mariuz is truly the total package

can u imagine jay doing dancin wit the stars?

ok so today i found someone who has the equipment, atlas stones, pillars, 55lb kegs and so on....if im going to do this, im going to do it right...can anyone recomend a good trainer. by the way, if i could pick id train like marius, who could point me in that direction?

ok so today i found someone who has the equipment, atlas stones, pillars, 55lb kegs and so on....if im going to do this, im going to do it right...can anyone recomend a good trainer. by the way, if i could pick id train like marius, who could point me in that direction?

Google the NAS (north american strongman) association. They can point you to state chairmen and people who are training in your area.

Youre not likely to find anyone who trains as much as Mariuz because hes a full time pro. Most of us have jobs and families so our training is limited. You can find people who train heavy though, then its up to you to bring it.

Where do you live Tkav, I could help you out ... I live in central jersey on the shoreline ... send me a pm.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131