over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strongman training

JerBear420

Registered
Newbies
I used to compete in amateur strongman 10 years ago, and loved it.

I want to compete again someday. I'm back in the gym again, and wanna train more serious.

Any recommendations/links/advice for training/trainers/videos/good books etc... would be appreciated

Previously, I was completely self trained, and I feel like I could benefit from some advice. Glad to see PM has a strongman/powerlifting section

Start Here

Then Here

Jeff has done my programming the past two years - the level of adaptation I have acquired is unbelievable.

Start Here

Then Here

Jeff has done my programming the past two years - the level of adaptation I have acquired is unbelievable.
Thank you!

Any shoe recommendations?

And meal plans?

Are you a static strength guy or a speed guy? It should influence where you focus your training. I was always very quick and explosive and not as static strong. I got more return on my effort with focusing on maximizing my speed strength as static strength was never in the cards for me.
Example:
The way the points system works it really hurts you to have a terrible event and place last. The effort it would take me to go from a 320 to a 350 log press would have been all consuming and might only net me one place. However, if I was the fastest and most explosive guy I could outright win almost any moving event(strones, farmers, sled, or medley). As long as my static strength was adequate and I wasn’t last in the typical 2 static events I would usually place top 3 if my focus was to win every moving event.
I’ve been out of it for about 5yrs but still enjoying messing with implements at my local gym. After competing I hosted 4 local competitions

I'm kind of in the middle. I competed in silver amateur shows, way back. I did really well with picking up heavy shit, and carrying it. Did decent with speed, but leaned towards power.

OHP was always my weak suit. I definitely fell short of placing overall, for not placing in it.

Right now, by self assessment, I know my hips have lost almost all strength. My first day back in the gym was a little over a month ago. Squats my 1st day, were sub-100.

Gonna work a lot of hip/legs, and OHP from the start this time

I really appreciate your input, btw!

Yeah me too with the OHP. As a result I forced myself to learn to split jerk even with the log. My strict log max was 250 but I could split jerk a 350 log when I got the hang of it.
Good luck man please keep up us updated. I’d love to get back into it but there were only 2 guys who put on shows within 5hrs of me and the one retired…andthe other one was me lol

I feel that

Also, thanks. I'll work on actually split jerking too. I always gave myself a little leg pop, but thats it. Best I ever got on OHP was 235, yet I could do 200 for reps lol. OHP is one that even 5 pounds can make it feel a lot heavier

Is your seated strict press much higher than standing? If so, heavy ab work and lat work can help, made a huge difference for me

Is your seated strict press much higher than standing? If so, heavy ab work and lat work can help, made a huge difference for me
Yes more stability seated. Unless you are doing a push press and use the legs. Then standing can lift more.

My seated press isnt much worse than standing.
Both suck rn, but ... 😂 but as far as strength proportionism, I'm fairly even except my hips.

My hips have been shit the last few years, and it really shows now that I'm back to it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws