advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Struggling to drop bodyfat, don't know what to do!?

zozizo

Newbies
I've been dieting since June 1st and I've dropped 20 lbs already but the last 3-4 days I've binged because I've stalled on progress for the last 2-3 weeks now and I'm getting very discouraged. Should I keep trying to drop or should I move into a lean bulking phase?

My stats are
5'10", 21 years old, weight at my lowest is 165.2 lbs, i'm hovering at around 166-167 lbs.

I lift 4x a week, upper power, lower power, upper hypertrophy, lower hypertrophy. I do cardio as HIIT for 20 minutes 2x a week.

Here are pics, they are 5 months apart

9DrfQBZ.jpg

EmYEuDo.jpg

0A71ecV.jpg

If I was where you are right now, I'd be very focused on adding quality mass.

IMO, if u lose any more ur just gonna look skinny. I'd try to add some muscle but to each his own. It's ur body do what makes you happy!

If I was where you are right now, I'd be very focused on adding quality mass.

and how should I do that?
I've already tried bulking in february to may and gained about 18 lbs, my numbers all went up and I've maintained my strength on the cut :)

would it be a good idea to cut till abs and then SLOW/LEAN bulk as the insulin sensitivity will be better?

and how should I do that?
I've already tried bulking in february to may and gained about 18 lbs, my numbers all went up and I've maintained my strength on the cut :)

would it be a good idea to cut till abs and then SLOW/LEAN bulk as the insulin sensitivity will be better?

I would say cut a bit more, then focus on adding quality size.

I wouldn't bulk unless I had a clear set of abs. Especially if I were to use hormones.

Or a clear set of blood work looking at ur thyroid output.... If someone cannot loose weight they need to get their thyroid checked.... And try upping ur calories to shock ur body, switch it up to a carb back load or even Intermittent fasting to see if u need to rest that metabolism

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Or a clear set of blood work looking at ur thyroid output.... If someone cannot loose weight they need to get their thyroid checked.... And try upping ur calories to shock ur body, switch it up to a carb back load or even Intermittent fasting to see if u need to rest that metabolism

I have been dieting for 20 weeks now. I had some set backs though in that period...hurt my foot, took off for 3 weeks.

I started dieting at 2250 calories at 10 minutes of cardio 5x a week, upped to 20 minutes and then upped that to 30 minutes last week and I realized almost 4 hours of cardio is too much. My calories went 2250, 2140, 2050 and now 1930.

Where do I get bloodwork done, how much is it? I'm 21 so what reason would I have to get it done?

Without knowing what your diet looks like I think it's pretty simple...you aren't doing enough cardio. 2 times a week is okay for health reasons but I can't see it making a serious impact on fat loss this far into your diet.

Time to up the cardio and if you can do it in the morning on an empty stomach that's even better. IMHO of course.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Without knowing what your diet looks like I think it's pretty simple...you aren't doing enough cardio. 2 times a week is okay for health reasons but I can't see it making a serious impact on fat loss this far into your diet.

Time to up the cardio and if you can do it in the morning on an empty stomach that's even better. IMHO of course.

diet the entire time has been
50g fat (remained constant), 170g protein (remained constant), started at 250g carbs and worked it down to 200g.

I try to eat my proteins via 1lb of chicken a day, more chicken and a scoop of whey (RARELY needed). I follow an IIFYM approach.

TBH, i'd rather cut my calories...more cardio just makes me hungry.

I have been dieting for 20 weeks now. I had some set backs though in that period...hurt my foot, took off for 3 weeks.

I started dieting at 2250 calories at 10 minutes of cardio 5x a week, upped to 20 minutes and then upped that to 30 minutes last week and I realized almost 4 hours of cardio is too much. My calories went 2250, 2140, 2050 and now 1930.

Where do I get bloodwork done, how much is it? I'm 21 so what reason would I have to get it done?

Whats the reason?? Man ur taxin that thyroid, ur pituitary and many other organs while on a "diet" just because ur only 21 means jack and shit, and jack just left town.... U need to know if ur thyroid is even firing still, ur body cant "diet" forever without there being some kind pf adverse actions happening to ur insides....

If u are not loosing weight u need to change the route to which ur "dieting" and i put dieting in quotes because most dont call it a diet, it is a way of life, a lifestyle change, girls diet, men get shredded or hurculean....

Just do urself a favor and try to get blood work done to see how it is all going especially after a 20ish week diet....

Might just need to switch up ur choice of foods and quantities etc....

interesting no one is asking about diet. :banghead:

Whats the reason?? Man ur taxin that thyroid, ur pituitary and many other organs while on a "diet" just because ur only 21 means jack and shit, and jack just left town.... U need to know if ur thyroid is even firing still, ur body cant "diet" forever without there being some kind pf adverse actions happening to ur insides....

If u are not loosing weight u need to change the route to which ur "dieting" and i put dieting in quotes because most dont call it a diet, it is a way of life, a lifestyle change, girls diet, men get shredded or hurculean....

Just do urself a favor and try to get blood work done to see how it is all going especially after a 20ish week diet....

Might just need to switch up ur choice of foods and quantities etc....

I have refeeds every sunday at around 450g carbs, 160g protein, 60g fat.

Honestly I think I need more veggies/fruits...I've avoided them the entire diet :banghead:

I have refeeds every sunday at around 450g carbs, 160g protein, 60g fat.

Honestly I think I need more veggies/fruits...I've avoided them the entire diet :banghead:

That seems doable, like i said u may want to look at other ways such as IF, carb back load etc.... U may have just had ur body get comfortable with what ur doing now and may need to mix it up a bit

Best advice so far.. Will it suck? Yes - but if it doesn't suck and you ain't suffering you aren't getting ripped. Unless you were a genetic freak - which no offense intended you are not.. Your 21 man - you should be able to put that body through HELL

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws