over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

stuck in a rut. Need help

ronnie_2003

Registered
So I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I have been lifting now for almost 10 years, and every so many years something strange happens. I am stuck. No matter how much I eat or sleep, or what supplements I take, or how much my strength increases on each lift, the scale seems to stay the same. I gained some over Thanksgiving but didn't work out for a week and lost it as soon as I started back. It has been that way for almost two months now and it is quite perplexing. It almost seems like my muscles are becoming more dense if that makes sense. I am seeing striations I have never seen before, but the inches are all staying the same. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I know the scale doesn't mean much, but my measurements have stayed pretty much the same. Has anyone ever experienced this and if so, how did you break past the plateau to increase measurements?

one word...

#DUBAI

:D

in reality, increase your variation ( sets, techniques, stances, grips)

perhaps cut your work sets in half, or double them?

humans have amazing homeostasis adaptation ability.

I will definitely try more variation in sets and techniques. It's just kinda frustrating as I feel like I am doing everything I am supposed to, but nothing seems to be working.

How old are you?

Sounds like you hit a plateau and need a change. Heed the advice listed above. Change your routine, lower volume, increase volume, vary intensity. Try something different for a while. Alter your diet a bit. Up the heathy fats, add more protein.. something different.

For me I usually need to rest more and focus on my compounds when I hit those moments. Sort of taking s step back, focusing on the basics, and then sort of rebuilding the routine around that.

After all that, if I'm still not happy - I look at the compounds and doses I'm using and adjust accordingly

Rep for mygearguru

Visit www.mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs! Use code 4040 for 40% off your order!

Thanks for the advice. I will change up the routine and see what happens. I've gone a few weeks of clean eating and nothing changed and a few weeks of junk and still nothing seemed to change, but I will really try and up the protein and healthy fats as much as possible.

I had trouble with that for a long time and it turns out I was overtraining. Once I cut back on volume and went to training each bodypart 2x per week instead of just once I started to grow quite fast again. A training sessions shouldn't last more than 1 hour really. I had been grinding away at set after set.

one word...

#DUBAI

:D

in reality, increase your variation ( sets, techniques, stances, grips)

perhaps cut your work sets in half, or double them?

humans have amazing homeostasis adaptation ability.

This is a great answer. Our bodies adapt to what we do, especially if we do it frequently. Not referencing "muscle confusion", but switching up routines, what body part we work out on certain days, set and rep ranges should help a lot.

I had trouble with that for a long time and it turns out I was overtraining. Once I cut back on volume and went to training each bodypart 2x per week instead of just once I started to grow quite fast again. A training sessions shouldn't last more than 1 hour really. I had been grinding away at set after set.

Very well could be the case Maldorf. Most guys think they need to train more to get better results. Sometimes less is more. Lower volume and/or frequency for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Totally changed everything you were doing. I change my workouts, days off, amount of days off, eating, sleeping, and supplements..I even take some time off and then I start growing like I did when I first started..good luck

More food and/or more gear. Maybe gh/slin if you are still stuck after increasing food/gear

thanks for all the advice. I am a teacher in Alaska and the district here is about to send me to a school without a weight room until the end of the school year in May, so I am about to really change everything up. Hopefully that will help.

Dave palumbo's logic is you're not recovering, whether its food, rest or overtraining.
Dorian had the same logic as well, he explained why he worked out so little and how if you're a beginner or not as big you can train more often. He had very little sets each body part

Dave said he changed to train each body part once a day, even split biceps on a separate day than triceps with rest days in between

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave