over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study: rapid weight loss superior to slow weight loss

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
don't have time to read it but...

have lost 100lbs more then once in short order. one time with gym stuff, going from out of shape to training majority of fat lost in 3 months.

the other... we wont talk about. lol

when you have to drop major weight insulin sensitivity is important, changing that hard with diet will make you drop weight fast and help to make you more insulin sensitive... bug plus.

then you need to wait for leptin levels to reset. this is big key to not rebounding. this is only gona happen when you stay at the new low weight for a time.

true bb stuff is different but we would not be talking about such a thing for true bb so get that argument out of your head.

think fat and natty. this is what you do.

drugs n fat.

take a tiny bit of test, then...

this is what you do.

lol

I think using some anabolics to maintain muscle mass with a very low calorie diet (the word "low" is relative) speeds fat loss up tenfold and you don't lose strength. At least for me. The science seems to agree based on this link. You could maybe argue for really large bodybuilders, it would be different...or maybe it's not.

Diet quick and maintain that leanness as long as you can.

That's the way I've done it for a while now. Don't know if it's the best but it's how I've been most successful both by how lean I get and how much muscle I hold onto.

Didn't read the study yet but in time I will.
So far dropping calories super low or increasing cardio 20 folds make me miserable. So the slower drop in calories and slight increase in cardio works better for me, or at least for my sanity. Worth looking into the study though.

Am CARDIO! I think this is way over looked. Carb cycling . I don't like to cut calories to low and run the chance of burning up muscle unless I'm doing a 2 week run of dnp I'll drop to 2000. I have found I can get away with it. I would rather eat more and work harder to offset it. I feel I look much better. My calories vary a lot though when I bulk I'm around 5000. Cutting 2500. So I guess low could be how u look. I find my hold weight around 3000. Drugs change everything in the equation for me.

110% or expect to regret it!

I saw this earlier today. Glanced over it. I think the reason fast is better because more people stick to the diet and routine because of the noticeable results. The group in the slow weight loss drop out faster because they are impatient... that's why faster is better not because something magical is happening.

But like I said I just glanced over it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Diet quick and maintain that leanness as long as you can.

That's the way I've done it for a while now. Don't know if it's the best but it's how I've been most successful both by how lean I get and how much muscle I hold onto.
How many cals/day when you're dieting quick, as you say?

Always use DNP for fat loss(when Im too fat) simply because I can't stand cutting for too long.
Hit it hard then stay lean is mentally and physically alot easier for me:eek:

How many cals/day when you're dieting quick, as you say?

Depends on how long I plan to cut and where I start at, but I'll start out hitting it hard then slowly add in some carbs and play around with my cardio depending on how I look.

1st two weeks: 1800-2100 cals (a few on the low end and a few on the higher end)
250-275 protein
125-175 carbs
30 fat

(30 minutes of cardio everyday)

After that, I'll lose a ton of water weight and drop a few real pounds. Then I add some carbs in and keep them around 225-250 with protein and fats roughly the same. Calories will range between 2200 and 2500 usually.

Did this for 6 weeks in october through the end of november and dropped around 20lbs (few pounds of bloat for sure). I know it's kind of a backwards way of dieting to hit the gas hard and slowly ease up, but it works very well for me.

When I start dieting my body is ready for a break from carbs (never cut them completely out, but lower them to 125-150 and around 50 on off days) so I don't get too big of a craving for them. I like the consistent cardio to start out too because by the end of those two weeks, I look way better and two can handle and digest carbs so much better.

After the first two weeks I'm pretty flat and starting to feel the drain. Then I add in more carbs and tinker with the cardio and my muscles fill out again and have a lot more energy.

Not ideal by any means but it's worked very well for me going this route.

Cool, thanks for sharing. If I'm reading the study right, the "rapid weight loss" program they're referring to is much lower...400-800 cals just consisting of meal replacement shakes. 2100 is likely low for you, but in general I'd still see that as a fairly "healthy" place for average gym-goers to cut weight.

Cool, thanks for sharing. If I'm reading the study right, the "rapid weight loss" program they're referring to is much lower...400-800 cals just consisting of meal replacement shakes. 2100 is likely low for you, but in general I'd still see that as a fairly "healthy" place for average gym-goers to cut weight.

that's a good point. Lowest I'll go is 1500 on a cardio/off day and consistently at 1800 with then exception of a high carb day (for a cut longer than a couple weeks).

Definitely don't do a straight starvation diet. My diet only is drastic because I start off in a deep deficit, instead of slowly reducing.

Wouldn't your skin be tighter if you lost it slow?

Coming from someone who was an obese preteen, skin will tighten the longer you are lean, not how fast or slow you diet.

When I first lost all my fat, I had fairly loose skin. No flappy skin or anything, but it didn't sit against my abs. The longer I stay lean the tighter it's gotten. Think if I could hypothetically hold a crazy low bodyfat, like 4-5%, for like a year (not advocating anyone try for that long), their skin elasticity would be much better than someone who dieted to that slowly over a similar period.

Just a hunch, don't have any proof other than my experience.

Interesting

Interesting article to say the least. I always believed that slow weight loss would preserve the most amount of muscle. I'm going to experiment with this and give it a go. Psychy and motivation wise if you can drop fat faster while holding your muscle I'm all for it. I think the key here is to sustain a good amount of time at your desired body weight so to make your body think this is your ideal weight.

Good, to all that will try this approach make sure u come back with updates and results. I will cede that if the subject is carrying an amount of body fat larger than ~17% this approach might work in the beginning better since it's easier to lose mostly body fat at that stage, but As one becomes leaner I think the approach will start to burn through lean tissue as well

for any one looking to add some bulk again after the dieting faze this study would not seem to apply to them. so that would leave out most bodybuilders.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member