advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study shows beta-blockers potentiate growth hormone release.

Arcus

Registered
**broken link removed**

"The iv injection of GHRH resulted in significant increases in plasma GH, comparable to those after either insulininduced hypoglycemia or arginine infusion. Only a small and inconsistent increase in plasma GH levels occurred during the iv infusion of propranolol, whereas simultaneous administration of propranolol with GHRH caused marked enhancement of GHRH-induced GH release in all subjects."

Combination of recombinant human growth hormone an... [Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2008] - PubMed result

"rhGH/propranolol administration significantly decreased serum C-reactive protein, cortisone, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, free fatty acids, interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and macrophage inflammatory protein-1beta when compared with controls, while growth hormone/propranolol increased serum insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3, growth hormone, prealbumin, and interleukin-7 when compared with placebo (p < .05)."

Effect of propranolol on growth hormone response t... [Res Vet Sci. 1992] - PubMed result

"GHRH alone elicited a significant increase in GH secretion (AUC: 1230.5 +/- 210.5 ng min ml-1) with a peak concentration of 16.7 +/- 4.8 ng ml-1. When GHRH was injected after propranolol the mean peak (59.1 +/- 14.7 ng ml-1) and secretory area (AUC: 2631.0 +/- 474.4 ng min ml-1) were greater than those observed after GHRH alone."

What do you guys think? Obviously you wouldn't want to do this with your morning GH inject before working out, but what about post-workout or even before bed?

I wouldn't suggest people to take beta blockers trying to raise their GH levels.

Some people take them for high bp or to help deal with anxiety tho.. interesting information for those already on.

Some people take them for high bp or to help deal with anxiety tho.. interesting information for those already on.

My doctor prescribed me Propranolol for anxiety/nervousness when public speaking and it has been great.

That said, and you guys can take this for what it's worth, but after I took 20mg of propranolol around the time I took 2ius of GH I noticed more numbness in my extremities and felt as though I was walking on pins. Something I have not noticed before when either one was taken separately. I'm not going to say my GH plasma levels were higher because of this because I don't know, but I did find it interesting that when taken with the beta-blocker I experienced sides that seem to come with higher doses of GH.

Very Contradictory to experience taking this class of drug.

One of the known side effects of taking beta blockers is gain of bodyfat. I know myself personally find it much much harder to stay lean. THe beta blockers slow down your heart rate and metabolism. On a good size dose you cant get your heart rate over 135 BPM, its just about impossible.
So I am surprised at these findings. If there is any raise in HGH, it is more than offset by the other side effects of the drug. I would never recommend taking beta blockers unless you have heart troubles like me. Your doc will prescribe it if you need. FOr the most part if makes me feel like shit. Not something you want to take unless you absolutely have to.

Taking beta blockers for the purpose of potentiating growth hormone release is like taking one step forward and five steps backward.

You do know how some of the most effective fat-loss agents (ephedrine, clenbuterol) work, right? The mechanism has to do with stimulating the beta adrenoreceptors on adipose tissue.

Not only are beta receptors essential for fat loss, beta-2 receptors are also responsible for, among other things, anabolic action (on skeletal muscle) as well as insulin secretion.

Beta blockers, effectively, can have very undesirable effects on your physique, both in terms of adipose and muscle tissue.

Taking beta blockers for the purpose of potentiating growth hormone release is like taking one step forward and five steps backward.

You do know how some of the most effective fat-loss agents (ephedrine, clenbuterol) work, right? The mechanism has to do with stimulating the beta adrenoreceptors on adipose tissue.

Not only are beta receptors essential for fat loss, beta-2 receptors are also responsible for, among other things, anabolic action (on skeletal muscle) as well as insulin secretion.

Beta blockers, effectively, can have very undesirable effects on your physique, both in terms of adipose and muscle tissue.

You put it a lot better than I did! This is what I was talking about. Last thing you want to do is block the beta receptors like that. I'll tell you that its a bitch to get lean while on 80 mg Coreg. Sucks major ass. Im sitting at about 12-15% now I would guess and that is eating fairly well.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads