over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stupid bitcoin question...or is it?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Sending bitcoin for the first time with Coinbase, if I can figure it out that is, and I have a question.

Let’s say I’m sending $1000 worth of bitcoin, the price fluctuates so much that by the time I sent it, or perhaps I should say by the time it’s collected, wouldn’t the value of have changed? If it’s worth more great whatever but if it’s worth less the recipient wouldn’t be getting $1000 anymore....right?

Your correct if you buy 1000$ worth of bitcoin then send to someone later it may not be a 1000$ worth of bitcoin anymore that’s why you always have to buy more than you actually need. Hope this helps

Your correct if you buy 1000$ worth of bitcoin then send to someone later it may not be a 1000$ worth of bitcoin anymore that’s why you always have to buy more than you actually need. Hope this helps

Well ain’t that some shit...

NEVER use coinbase. NEVER send using anything besides a card for instant payment. Yes, with coinbase you can fund with an ACH, they buy you in right now, but it will not fund for 4- 5 days and you are locked in at a price but can not access the BTC either. Yes, it can be up or down. ONCE, I lost 20% by time it funded and never used those dirt bags again. Find a better service.

The end number after fluctuation is on recipient and that is generally accepted as risk of pmt type. I try to send BTC during "business hours" for that person. Think of their time zone. Many people just hold and don`t plan on cashing out right away. Some cash out ASAP

NEVER use coinbase. NEVER send using anything besides a card for instant payment. Yes, with coinbase you can fund with an ACH, they buy you in right now, but it will not fund for 4- 5 days and you are locked in at a price but can not access the BTC either. Yes, it can be up or down. ONCE, I lost 20% by time it funded and never used those dirt bags again. Find a better service.

The end number after fluctuation is on recipient and that is generally accepted as risk of pmt type. I try to send BTC during "business hours" for that person. Think of their time zone. Many people just hold and don`t plan on cashing out right away. Some cash out ASAP

Haha I hate this shit!

So wtf what do i use? Not trying to “invest” or do anything fancy just trying to pay for something with bitcoin and other methods are not an option at the moment.

Not only that, Coinbase can take all your money if they expect fraud or illegal activity. They can shut you down and you won't have access to anything you put in there.

I have used coinbase on multiple occasions. Always been able to purchase the BTC and then turn around and immediately send. Hope I don’t end up having a problem like that with them......

Send the coins from your coin base wallet to your personal wallet. I would never send coins from the same place I bought them.sure fire way to draw the wrong attention.

All of you guys saying not to use coinbase then wtf do I use? Just trying to buy and send a single payment here....

If you havent bought the bitcoin yet its true that the price you buy it at is locked in and the funds arent available for 5 days or so to send off coinbase to another wallet/recipient as @hogan86 has described. With a credit card purchase of bitcoin the balance is immediately available, however coinbase does not do credit card purchases anymore. You can though, immediately "sell" the bitcoin back and transfer it into fiat on coinbase's accounts and hold your bitcoin in dollars until its available to be sent off coinbase after the 5 days or so ams you won't lose money on the off chance it tanks, you also won't gain any, its a crapshoot as has been described lol most of the time it wont tank 20% of its value in 5 days, but its a much more real possibility than other currency forms, ive been there lol it sucks

Another option is a bitcoin atm. You can go to one of these, use a credit card and purchase an ammount of bitcoin that you can immediately send as a payment as long as you have the address youre sending it to. These are all over now, a google maps search will show you where they are, even where i am in the middle of nowhere theres 2 or 3 at gas stations in a 15 min drive. Most at gas stations seem to take credit card only, not cash, with around a 1500 dollar limit a day. If you want the extra anonymity of cash there are locations where they take cash. I havent used one of these atms as of yet, just researching, you can watch some YouTube videos on bitcoin atms if this is a route you might like to take

If the purchase is for something not 100% legal in your country and youd prefer folks not being able to trace it on the off chance someone actually gives a shit about you ans what youre doing. Buy the bitcoin And send it to a personal wallet, preferably an encrypted, hardened wallet and then send the payment from there. As an extra precaution you can make the purchase/payment in a tor browser on your computer with an active vpn (virtual private network) that will scramble the origination of payments and activities away from your computer. You can even send your bitcoin through a laundry process for a small fee that rotates it through 5 or 6 or more transactions and sends it back to you or the recipient as "cleaned" When the govt or law is tracking bitcoin they get from a drug bust or some such thing, they go back 5 or 6 transactions at most, past that even if they trace it to you who cares you cant account for or be held responsible for where the dollar you put in a strippers g string goes after you spend it, same idea

Have any of you involved with using bitcoin seen any decrease in fluctuations of value? Or is it still highly volatile?

-Coinbase does suck, look them up on trustpilot if you want to see how bad.

-Bitcoins are not designed to be "invested" in, the best way to use them is to buy just the amount you will spend immediately.

-The Cash app is a great way to buy bitcoin IMO.

-Transfer your coins to an Electrum wallet after you buy them on the cash app IMO.

-If you want an extra layer of security, learn how to boot your computer with a Tails usb stick and purchase from a second Electrum wallet in the Tails OS that you transfer the bitcoins to from your other Electrum wallet.

Read my post "Bitcoin in the toilet" on this page. I used coinbase, not sure how to do it any other way. In the 4 days they had my money Around $1100, I lost almost 35% of it. I got to try and do it another way. Bitcoin Atm? really? that sounds scary. Transferring money to this account and then that account sounds just as bad, Guess I have to learn how to do it.

Like many have said "NEVER invest more than you can afford to lose" Live goes on. Hate fucking coinbase!

Read my post "Bitcoin in the toilet" on this page. I used coinbase, not sure how to do it any other way. In the 4 days they had my money Around $1100, I lost almost 35% of it. I got to try and do it another way. Bitcoin Atm? really? that sounds scary. Transferring money to this account and then that account sounds just as bad, Guess I have to learn how to do it.

Like many have said "NEVER invest more than you can afford to lose" Live goes on. Hate fucking coinbase!
Transferring between wallets takes around 30minutes max and makes your bitcoins harder to trace, especially if you use Tails. When you use tails, all of your internet activity is untraceable.

All this moment of money sound like a huge pain in the ass from depositing to transfering to a wallet, etc. I've used coinbase a few times for purchasing goods and never had an issue. Guess I was lucky then considering what I've heard here.

All this moment of money sound like a huge pain in the ass from depositing to transfering to a wallet, etc. I've used coinbase a few times for purchasing goods and never had an issue. Guess I was lucky then considering what I've heard here.
If you pay directly from your coinbase account you might as well be paying with your credit card, it defeats the entire reason for using bitcoin.

If you pay directly from your coinbase account you might as well be paying with your credit card, it defeats the entire reason for using bitcoin.

I wasn't using it to be anonymous. It was the only pymt method that particular source would except.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear