over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stupid creatine question

Creatine causes water retention in the muscle, which is good. That's literally how it works. If it doesn't "bloat" you it only means it's not working, either not absorbing, is not increasing creatine levels at all or you are taking too little. The marketing of "non-bloat creatines" is so retarded it beggars belief:D
That's the truth, the reality is there will be non-responders, all these different types of creatine have been debunked and proven not to be any better or superior. The market is simply highway robbery.
Now, for a low responders one could add Low dose Var to increase creatine synthesis. but why go through all that. lol

But what if you are on a keto diet? Will salt be enough of an insulin mimetic to shuttle creatine?
Not 100% sure about the salt. Just take the creatine with your carb meal or before and after training. Fats and protein also release insulin but carbs to a greater extents. So just ingest the creatine is bottom line.

Are carbs truly needed to absorb creatine efficiently?
No! Creatine was absorbed just fine through basically carnivorous diets by our ancestors.

I take 10 grams intra workout (no carbs).

But what if you are on a keto diet? Will salt be enough of an insulin mimetic to shuttle creatine?
Take your creatine first thing in the morning if on a keto diet then, the "dawn effect" will be more than enough glucose to help with maximal absorption.

No! Creatine was absorbed just fine through basically carnivorous diets by our ancestors.

I take 10 grams intra workout (no carbs).
Beat me to it b-boy.

I take 5 grams most days. I tell customers it is far more important to take it vs when and how and what form. For those that get bloated take a little less. Most of the "negatives" people fear from creatine have more to do with the massive loading and low quality of early creatines. If you have been around long enough you will remember when a kilo of creatine was over $100.00 retail. High cost and high demand led to some really crappy quality early on combined with extremely non-micornized powder. Combine that with 20g/day doses and you have bloating, cramping and poor results.

Almost any creatine from a quality company these days is micronized and of a high purity due to the cost being so low to produce now.

That's the truth, the reality is there will be non-responders, all these different types of creatine have been debunked and proven not to be any better or superior. The market is simply highway robbery.
Now, for a low responders one could add Low dose Var to increase creatine synthesis. but why go through all that. lol

Yep. I'm definitely a non-responder. I think it's a rather useless supplement and rather save even that little amount of money for AAS instead. That's my personal experience with it though, I'm well aware of all the research behind it and of all the people claiming 'it added 100 lbs to my bench press in a month' LOL

Take your creatine first thing in the morning if on a keto diet then, the "dawn effect" will be more than enough glucose to help with maximal absorption.
Beat me to it b-boy.

I take 5 grams most days. I tell customers it is far more important to take it vs when and how and what form. For those that get bloated take a little less. Most of the "negatives" people fear from creatine have more to do with the massive loading and low quality of early creatines. If you have been around long enough you will remember when a kilo of creatine was over $100.00 retail. High cost and high demand led to some really crappy quality early on combined with extremely non-micornized powder. Combine that with 20g/day doses and you have bloating, cramping and poor results.

Almost any creatine from a quality company these days is micronized and of a high purity due to the cost being so low to produce now.
Thank you gentlemen, I think I will do 5 grams of creatine first thing in the morning, and another 5 grams intraworkout.

One of the dumb questions i can think of is something like asking the guy in the gym with the biggest quads how he got them. uh, he could prob stand on his head and do squats and they grow. asking the genetically gifted how to grow etc is kinda dumb imo. i'd rather ask a guy like Shelby or maybe Mountain Dog. No need to ask Flex Wheeler....
My good friend who i have mentioned few times has an incredible chest. i mean Arnold worthy. he rarely ever works chest in fear it will get too big and overpower his other parts. he would be worst person ever to ask about building a big chest. but he prob gets asked 5x a week by newbs lol
Edit: another good example of dumb question, asking Phil Heath how to get big arms. cmon..... ask Mike Matarozzo how to get big calves... ask Orville Burke how to get a big back... those are also dumb questions. Or maybe the dumbest of all, ask Rich Piana how to get big arms. yikes lol
-F2S

Yea, you don't need anything fancy unless you bloat real bad on regular monohydrate, which you really shouldn't unless you're trying that loading crap... That'll make you hold extra water.
Right on.. it has been proven time and time again that mono is all you need, universities have done studies on every other one and they did not change any markers with results and gains in fact they were less effective..

For this theory alone that is why I take mine with Gatorade, complex carb powder added and protein post workout..

For the majority of time that humans have been on earth they have been consuming their naturally sourced creatine from meat and fish. For the majority of those meals I would assume no high glycemic carb was being consumed along side the creatine containing food. The whole plate divided up amongst a vege, starch and protein is a "relatively" new thing for us humans.

TAKE AWAY: Creatine, especially when dosed chronically, will saturate phosocreatine storage ability in muscle tissue absent substantial carbohydrate load.

If you have not taken creatine in a while and need to have the saturation reached quickly for say an event this weekend then load away with carbs, otherwise just add it to your regular intake.

For the majority of time that humans have been on earth they have been consuming their naturally sourced creatine from meat and fish. For the majority of those meals I would assume no high glycemic carb was being consumed along side the creatine containing food. The whole plate divided up amongst a vege, starch and protein is a "relatively" new thing for us humans.

TAKE AWAY: Creatine, especially when dosed chronically, will saturate phosocreatine storage ability in muscle tissue absent substantial carbohydrate load.

If you have not taken creatine in a while and need to have the saturation reached quickly for say an event this weekend then load away with carbs, otherwise just add it to your regular intake.
That is basics 101 with foods that are rich in creatine, and we all agree. It's a good refresher to remind everyone of that.
My reference was not in regards to using carbs as an asset with creatine.. because I take carbs and protein post-workout regardless.. my reference was referring to sodium that is why I always throw a half a scoop of powder in to my drink.. I don't use liquid Gatorade..

That is basics 101 with foods that are rich in creatine, and we all agree. It's a good refresher to remind everyone of that.
My reference was not in regards to using carbs as an asset with creatine.. because I take carbs and protein post-workout regardless.. my reference was referring to sodium that is why I always throw a half a scoop of powder in to my drink.. I don't use liquid Gatorade..

I must have misunderstood. I fight the, "I need 75g dextrose to absorb my creatine!" crowd on a regular basis here at the shop so excuse me lol.

5g intra with gatorade and bcaa's. I usually try to just take 5g once a day. Sometimes I just mix it in with some green tea. I'll do another 5g pre-workout if I decide to use humulin-r with my pre-workout meal.

I must have misunderstood. I fight the, "I need 75g dextrose to absorb my creatine!" crowd on a regular basis here at the shop so excuse me lol.
Haha.. guys have to be careful with that dextrose, it's glycemic index is through the roof in fact higher than a tablespoon of sugar. I use it myself, but I limit it and it's only post. you got these kids that load up on the stuff all day. As many of us now dextrose is in many things and it's really not extremely bad for us per se, but 75g these kids are multiplying that three times a day. God bless you man, there's no way I could reason with people like that.. you get burnt out from being on autopilot repeating yourself over and over..

Haha.. guys have to be careful with that dextrose, it's glycemic index is through the roof in fact higher than a tablespoon of sugar. I use it myself, but I limit it and it's only post. you got these kids that load up on the stuff all day. As many of us now dextrose is in many things and it's really not extremely bad for us per se, but 75g these kids are multiplying that three times a day. God bless you man, there's no way I could reason with people like that.. you get burnt out from being on autopilot repeating yourself over and over..

I blame Muscletech for some of that. They came out with what was pretty much kool-aid plus creatine and everyone just started insisting that, not only do you need to overload it, it must contain sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.

5g intra with gatorade and bcaa's. I usually try to just take 5g once a day. Sometimes I just mix it in with some green tea. I'll do another 5g pre-workout if I decide to use humulin-r with my pre-workout meal.
Do you use the powder?
I blame Muscletech for some of that. They came out with what was pretty much kool-aid plus creatine and everyone just started insisting that, not only do you need to overload it, it must contain sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.
I have one right here I purchased two weeks ago because I was in desperate need and my other go to place was not nearby.. I have a whole bottle or container I only use one serving if someone wants it I'll send it to them for free.. it is absolutely disgusting and I felt nauseous for at least 2 hours.. it was the most expensive garbage I've ever bought..

I very rarely use it directly (it's in some preworkouts I have used). Although right now I am using 5g pre workout. It's flavoured so I wouldn't mix it with my intra shake. It's called Green Might by Controlled Labs and contains 5g creatine, 2g taurine, 1g pomegranate fruit powder, 480mg tart cherry extract and 450mg cocoa bean extract.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws