over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Subclinical Hypothyroidism

This should be of some help. I thought privatemdlabs used to offer saliva testing but doesn't appear so anymore.

Don't rely on a dr to tell you about your health. As long as lab work is in range, a dr will always tell you your fine and that couldn't be farther from the truth. Research, take control of your health, educate your dr, force them the inability to deny your health concerns/issues.

Thanks very much, I do appreciate the effort and the info.

I don't know what is wrong with me, and cortisol seems as likely as anything else given my bloodwork numbers. Either I am up way too high and anxious, or down way too low and lethargic. And what role overtraining and long-time stimulant use plays in all of that...yesterday I was down so low and had to take ephedrine and yohimbine just to be coherent enough to explain myself to the doctor, then of course up and anxious at night and took advantage of the energy to do a hard bench press workout. Today I'm standing here swaying on my feet, dizzy, trying to stay upright and make some sense in this post.

I do have some experience with what crashing to low cortisol feels like, just from being a competitive bodybuilder in the 1990's and experimenting with Cytadren (aminoglutethimide) on the advice of Dan Duchaine, a very bad idea. This is not as bad as that, but maybe the effects of long term stress, sleep deprivation, and stimulant use are leading to a similar situation in the end. At any rate, testing should help to figure out the root of the problem...I hope.

I don't have anything to add but just wanted to say you aren't alone, I was pretty stupid when I was younger and used a ton of benzos, sleeping pills etc. at night, then would get super stimmed up on caffeine all day plus crazy pre-workouts, on top of blasting. What you said about swaying on your feet and getting dizzy, plus just feeling lethargic constantly, really hit home because I experience that now and it makes me wonder how much damage I possibly did.
I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted

I'm sure there are other factors involved, and estrogen is involved. High estrogen usually makes me up and anxious, though not down and exhausted.

I know that high estrogen increases thyroid binding globulin, leading to low T3 numbers. On the other hand, high testosterone decreases thyroid binding globulin, so you would think at 400mg test they would balance out.

Here's the thing: taking T3 used to make me feel up and good; now it makes me completely exhausted and I need stimulants to get through the day. I took a 25mcg T3 tab this morning, just to check, and I have been exhausted all day despite taking caffeine, ephedrine, and yohimbine, just a walking zombie.

If I don't take the T3, I am up and anxious, but have a lot more energy to get through the day, although I still don't feel well.

Perhaps this is some kind of thyroid resistance, where the hormones aren't getting into the cells where they're needed, after such a long time of taking thyroid meds?
I actually have this link bookmarked and have for several years now. I've had a hell of a ride myself. The longer I've used testosterone, the worse I've become, well...I've been doing better lately but far from great. I just wanted to reference bullet point number 4. High test levels can cause hypothyroidism. Last time i tested my thyroid, tsh was 2, free t4 was under 1 and free t3 was high but I didn't feel hyper, I felt hypo, at that point in time, life was rough. It a long story...pretty sure I could write a book at this point and if I ever get myself straightened out, I just might, lol, until then, I operate on theory but I've put countless hours of research into iron deficiency, thyroid, adrenal glands(my brother has Addison disease, legit adrenal fatigue, autoimmune disorder) among other things.

Hey Brother,

Have you tried taking 1-2 weeks out of the gym and focus on health / recovery? (get more sleep etc)

I don't have anything to add but just wanted to say you aren't alone, I was pretty stupid when I was younger and used a ton of benzos, sleeping pills etc. at night, then would get super stimmed up on caffeine all day plus crazy pre-workouts, on top of blasting. What you said about swaying on your feet and getting dizzy, plus just feeling lethargic constantly, really hit home because I experience that now and it makes me wonder how much damage I possibly did.
I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted

Thanks, my friend, I appreciate the kind thoughts. This is a crazy lifestyle, and you can get away with a lot when you are younger. Lord knows I did, from all the Adderall, caffeine, ephedrine, and other stimulants, to the steroids, to the benzos to try to get some rest. Had a great run and some great times.

But it all catches up with you in the end, especially when you are a 52-year-old father with a 6-month-old baby, like me. Now I'm just trying to sort through all the mess and salvage what I can from the wreck LOL. Hope you end up better off than me.

I actually have this link bookmarked and have for several years now. I've had a hell of a ride myself. The longer I've used testosterone, the worse I've become, well...I've been doing better lately but far from great. I just wanted to reference bullet point number 4. High test levels can cause hypothyroidism. Last time i tested my thyroid, tsh was 2, free t4 was under 1 and free t3 was high but I didn't feel hyper, I felt hypo, at that point in time, life was rough. It a long story...pretty sure I could write a book at this point and if I ever get myself straightened out, I just might, lol, until then, I operate on theory but I've put countless hours of research into iron deficiency, thyroid, adrenal glands(my brother has Addison disease, legit adrenal fatigue, autoimmune disorder) among other things.

This is what I'm most afraid of, that high test levels are causing the hypothyroidism. For years, I've always been a 2ml per week man. I take at least 400mg of testosterone per week, because I just don't feel well on lower TRT levels anymore. Whether because of testosterone's effects on GABA, or dopamine, or serotonin, if I take normal TRT levels of test I am depressed and miserable and my OCD goes through the roof. So I stay on higher levels of test all the time.

But if that, ultimately, is what's causing the hypothyroidism, then it will really force me to make some hard choices. Testosterone has always been my anti-depressant. But if I have to stay on TRT levels, then I will really need an anti-depressant for real. Because I've tried to stay on 200mg test per week, but even after months my body never adapted, it just makes me miserable and depressed.

Hey Brother,

Have you tried taking 1-2 weeks out of the gym and focus on health / recovery? (get more sleep etc)

It's difficult for me to do that, because of my OCD. I really have a obsessive need to work out and find it very difficult to take any time off from the gym. Even when we are on vacation, I get restless and irritated and always sneak away to hit the gym, no matter where we are.

And especially now that I have a 6-month-old baby, it is hard to get as much sleep and rest as I would like. And of course, having sleep apnea doesn't make that situation any better, the sleep that I do get is very low quality because I constantly stop breathing during the night. Trying to get a CPAP machine, but the whole COVID-19 shutdown is making it impossible to schedule a sleep study.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws