advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Substitute for peanut butter.. (Lower calories)

blackrock

Registered
I am in love with peanut butter. Is there anything out there that's a good substitute and is not as calorie dense. PB2 is blehhhh ..

I am gonna try the whipped peanut butter by jiffy and see how it compares.. Just wanted to hear all y'alls opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pb2

It's defatted peanut flour. You can mix it with Greek yogurt.

I would think Almond butter. Sucks that it's 4x the price but once you go Almond butter, you never want to go back! Coconut Oil as well

Pb2 is the only option I know if you want peanut butter flavour...

Almondbutter is good, but just as caloriedense.

I would think Almond butter. Sucks that it's 4x the price but once you go Almond butter, you never want to go back! Coconut Oil as well

It's only about double the price here, but I don't like it nearly as much as PB...I know some people love it though. To me nothing beats all natty crunchy PB with added salt. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Pretty sure a single serving of all of these are the same calories...so I don't quite understand what you're expecting. Cocnut Oil would definitely be geared towards being used as energy..

OP was pretty clear that he likes PB and wants to know if there are any substitutes with less calories.

Walden Farms has low or 0 calorie PB but I didnt hear great things... Might be worth a try especially if you are mixing it say in oat meal or whatever.

Fat has 9 calories per gram, you can't change that. Just make sure you don't eat carbs with your fat meals and you should be fine. I liked the idea of coconut oil as a medium chained trigliceryde and will be geared more towards energy use.

Anyway I don't think calories are the end all/ be all. Controlling macronutrient profiles within each meal and not eliciting too high of an insulin response when you eat your fats is much more important than calorie counting.

I am in love with peanut butter. Is there anything out there that's a good substitute and is not as calorie dense. PB2 is blehhhh ..

I am gonna try the whipped peanut butter by jiffy and see how it compares.. Just wanted to hear all y'alls opinion.

"peanut fat appears to be uniquely atherogenic despite the lipid effects. For decades, it’s been used by scientists to induce atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rats, rabbits, and primates. Some researchers think that peanut lectins, present in the oil, are the cause of the atherogenicity."

Read more: Is Peanut Butter Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Still want to eat peanut butter?

OP was pretty clear that he likes PB and wants to know if there are any substitutes with less calories.

Walden Farms has low or 0 calorie PB but I didnt hear great things... Might be worth a try especially if you are mixing it say in oat meal or whatever.

What good is a peanut butter with zero protein and zero fat?

Just make sure you don't eat carbs with your fat meals and you should be fine.

This is a fallacy that needs to die. Ingested fats can be stored just as efficiently when eaten alone with low insulin levels as compared to fats eaten with carbs. It makes no difference if you eat fats with carbs or not.

Guessing you haven't tried the Walden's Farm version.. I put one tsp in my mouth and threw it out, and returned the bottle to sprouts. Walden's Farm products are hit and miss. But natty pb and their strawberry calorie free jelly on Ezekiel bread is amazing..

Pb 2 mix it with whatever u like. I agree on Greek yogurt but almond milk is good too.

Not worth the try, their PB is horrific!

"peanut fat appears to be uniquely atherogenic despite the lipid effects. For decades, it’s been used by scientists to induce atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rats, rabbits, and primates. Some researchers think that peanut lectins, present in the oil, are the cause of the atherogenicity."

Read more: Is Peanut Butter Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Still want to eat peanut butter?

Sure do:D

Heck yeah, although I eat primarily almond butter. I eat peanut butter daily. That article was worthless, basically says its bad because of over eating. Everything else was speculation.

What good is a peanut butter with zero protein and zero fat?

It is an artificial peanut flavored product. **broken link removed**

I've tried it... it is gross. I has a chemically peanut flavor, kind of bitter, but is very artificial in flavor, almost plastic like.

You can buy some true nutrition peanut butter flavor packs and mix it in with greek yogurt to get a peanut butter spread... I haven't tried that yet, but have used other flavors like strawberries and cream or peaches and cream with greek yogurt and they tasted awesome.

Waldens farms peanut spread tastes absolutely disgusting. Do no waste your money. I took a taste and immediately threw the jar in the trash.

Don't be a sissy. Buy real all natural peanut butter or almond butter. Practice portion/serving control.

Don't be a sissy. Buy real all natural peanut butter or almond butter. Practice portion/serving control.

Not the point of the thread...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity