advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Such thing as any lifting straps/hooks that dont start to fray?

Versa Gripps maybe?

i just got a pair last week so I have no idea how long they will hold up but they are made completely different than typical straps.

dude i just got the ones below that and there shit,, i racks dead over 3x bw + only thing that ever fails me is grip,,, and those hooks are bs just dont wrap so tight around your wrists,,, I was not able to grip x 2 weeks ago for 1 rep now I am 40lbs more for 5 reps no grip issues what so ever

i get 2 pair of cheap ones....every year

:cool:

Versa Gripps maybe?

i just got a pair last week so I have no idea how long they will hold up but they are made completely different than typical straps.

Have mine for about a year now... love them and would never consider "straps" again!

They show a little "wear" on the side that touches the bar, but nowhere even close to being "worn"... My first pair, so I can't say how long they would last, but I'd guess many years as long as you don't treat them like crap.

those versa looks good, and nice science and website for it, they should make one with the hooks included like the ones i posted, then they would prob be the shit, i like the hooks to be able to take 100% of the grip out of the lift when you want to

those versa looks good, and nice science and website for it, they should make one with the hooks included like the ones i posted, then they would prob be the shit, i like the hooks to be able to take 100% of the grip out of the lift when you want to

Versa grips practically do take your hands out of the lift if you want them to...

Tomorrow when I hit the gym I will see how many fingers it takes for me to hold 3 plates... I'm guessing one, maybe two... It may be more, but in my mind it seems possible, as grip is simply a non-factor when using them.

I am FAR from the most advanced lifter here, but i have tried many hooks (1ton being the best) and straps of all shapes and sizes (shiek with dowels my faves). I can't see ever going back (unless god forbid I lost my fingers, in which case hooks are a must).

I have straps, hooks and versa grips and all I ever use are my Versas. I love them. I just use them for pulling but they advertise you can add extra grip on pushing movements but I don't need or use them that way. I've had them near two years and they are made well.

**broken link removed**

at Acadamy for $14 twice a year , never had them break even after alot of wear on sharp knurling , I toss them because they start to slip in on wide grip pull ups of bent rows

Had a pair of versa grips and they ripped doing 70kg db rows. Previous to that though they were the best straps I've ever used

Had a pair of versa grips and they ripped doing 70kg db rows. Previous to that though they were the best straps I've ever used

Regular or Pro model?

I know the Pro 550 has thicker reinforced straps...

ive had my versas for three years and they are still fray free and holding up just fine. regularly used for 400-500lb deads and heavy rows. best 50 bucks i ever spent.

Have mine for about a year now... love them and would never consider "straps" again!

They show a little "wear" on the side that touches the bar, but nowhere even close to being "worn"... My first pair, so I can't say how long they would last, but I'd guess many years as long as you don't treat them like crap.

had mine for 3 years now. Use them 2 days a week. No sign of giving up.

I would agree. I've had mine for 5 years now, beat them up in strongman competitions and training, and there's no sign of fraying.

I jut got a pair of the Black and Forth. They are very good quality! Had a competition this past weekend with a car deadlift event. By the 4th or 5th rep it was all straps and they held up amazingly!
**broken link removed**
And yes I did wear a kilt ;)

**broken link removed**

the PLS 1000, usually go for 20-25 thru amazon etc but I regularly use on shrugs and deads 500-600+ for reps and a pair can last for 1-2 years at least, no frays etc.. i think out of the few pairs Ive had over the last 10 years, one pair had defective stitching but only effected the label didnt effect performance for lifts... Ill settle for a half sewn label in that case LOL

I jut got a pair of the Black and Forth. They are very good quality! Had a competition this past weekend with a car deadlift event. By the 4th or 5th rep it was all straps and they held up amazingly!
**broken link removed**
And yes I did wear a kilt ;)

Nice pic!

Yeah, I've had over 850lbs in hand, multiple car DL events, multiple timed DL events, max DL of 725, using them every week for years, and there's nothing wrong with them - except for the sweat & blood all over / through them!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws