over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sugar Free - Sugar - Safest ?

Wonton

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
That's what I call it - but sweet n low etc

What's the safest based on studies etc - or even are there alternatives even safer...No Carbs

Thank you

No offense to the OP, but this is a question my mom would ask.

The sucralose/aspartame discussion is dead. Unless you are drinking 600 Coke Zeros a day, you're ok and youll be fine.
So much information out there on this, looked at my nutrition/fitness guys as well.
Do you want to have diabetes or do you want some of that fake sugar. Im A-OK with fake sugar.

If u want the most natural, Stevia is it. But there is no reason to fear other sweeteners.

The sucralose/aspartame discussion is dead. Unless you are drinking 600 Coke Zeros a day, you're ok and youll be fine.
So much information out there on this, looked at my nutrition/fitness guys as well.
Do you want to have diabetes or do you want some of that fake sugar. Im A-OK with fake sugar.

If u want the most natural, Stevia is it. But there is no reason to fear other sweeteners.
No offense ...blah blah blah

Reason I had you on ignore ...back you go

Tell your mom I said hello 💖💦

This thread topic always goes to extremes....🍿

I'll tell you what I do before the 'it kills you' and 'it ruins my microbiome' and 'it causes cancer' and 'it gives me diarrhea' and 'they raise my blood sugar' crowd chimes in.

I drink whatever I like that makes me feel good, which is usually generic Walmart brand Crystal Light. Going on 25+ years now and doing great. If it made me feel bad or hurt my stomach at all, then i'd quit them, or cut back some, like with any med, supplement, or other food item (peanut butter, milk, veges, etc, etc), no matter how much they are regarded as being healthy. Broccoli is super healthy, but it can cause me diarrhea and major bloat, so I limit it...others may be able to eat more. Same with milk, peanut butter, and supplements like creatine, ephedrine, pussy, whatever.

Try it, if you do fine, stick with it. If not, cut it out.

Wonton, i'm not sure what you and TOO55's beef is, I have no idea, but on this one, you have to look at it from his perspective. Anybody who has been on the forums has read this same exact post since the boards were created, and along with it has come much controversy and cherry picking of data for extreme measures, so i'm sure any sarcasm you may have read from his post (or i guess mine can come off that way too) is probably not directly intended for you.

This thread topic always goes to extremes....🍿

I'll tell you what I do before the 'it kills you' and 'it ruins my microbiome' and 'it causes cancer' and 'it gives me diarrhea' and 'they raise my blood sugar' crowd chimes in.

I drink whatever I like that makes me feel good, which is usually generic Walmart brand Crystal Light. Going on 25+ years now and doing great. If it made me feel bad or hurt my stomach at all, then i'd quit them, or cut back some, like with any med, supplement, or other food item (peanut butter, milk, veges, etc, etc), no matter how much they are regarded as being healthy. Broccoli is super healthy, but it can cause me diarrhea and major bloat, so I limit it...others may be able to eat more. Same with milk, peanut butter, and supplements like creatine, ephedrine, pussy, whatever.

Try it, if you do fine, stick with it. If not, cut it out.

Wonton, i'm not sure what you and TOO55's beef is, I have no idea, but on this one, you have to look at it from his perspective. Anybody who has been on the forums has read this same exact post since the boards were created, and along with it has come much controversy and cherry picking of data for extreme measures, so i'm sure any sarcasm you may have read from his post (or i guess mine can come off that way too) is probably not directly intended for you.
No beef big man

But don't chime in if your gonna say something you know that's going to be taken offensively

Pretty simple

I understand the frustration, but hey don't look at the thread

If you’re looking for a good one that won’t illicit a glycemic response which some of the artificial sweeteners do despite being 0 calories etc then I’d get monk fruit. It’s great, can be used in a variety of things

If you’re looking for a good one that won’t illicit a glycemic response which some of the artificial sweeteners do despite being 0 calories etc then I’d get monk fruit. It’s great, can be used in a variety of things
I'll check that out

Thank you

beware of sugar alcohol tendency to give many the runs when consumed in above average doses.

I would say Stevia or Monk Fruit

Layne Norton did a pretty good video on this one.

Add to that the fact that we have ZERO studies demonstrating stevia to be safer long-term vs NNS (non-nutritive sweeteners) and the fact that multiple negative studies on NNS were funded by the SUGAR INDUSTRIE(hardly impartial being direct competition) we start to see the monumental amount of BS being spewed by people on this topic.

The whole "natural is always better" argument is NOT universal by any stretch of the imagination. Some of the most toxic substances known to exist are natural: cyanide, botulinum toxin A, aflatoxin(so reliably carcinogenic it is the go-to for inducing cancer in lab animals) all-natural. Yes, humans have created 1000's of toxic chemicals but the overwhelming majority created for human consumption are relatively safe assuming one does not go full moron and eats lbs a day of saccharine.

I have on two separate occasions fully removed all sweeteners of artificial origin and waited three months before adding them back in full force. I personally observed ZERO discernable benefits both times tested.

Do what you're comfortable with but I suggest time better spent elsewhere vs micromanaging things best left for debate on The View or some other such moronic distraction, I mean entertainment lol.

I think it's a good idea to limit them. If they cause you issues. If they make you being out they'reprobably messing with you blood sugar. But still better than loading up on sugar to avoid them. The sugar alcohol type upset my stomach if used too much.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear