over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Suggestions for home gym equipment source

I bought my equipment from here, http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/

The prices are good and quality is darn good for the price you pay. Had it now for about 15 years and it's good as new.

Buy your weights local though, seems more affordable that way because shipping costs are high with the weight.
Those are some good prices for sure. Shipping is also great!

Those are some good prices for sure. Shipping is also great!
Yeah, it was actually nicer than i was expecting. built well and quite thick gauge. I picked some of their heavier stuff.

I totally understand the ‘lazy’ aspect of it.

My main needs for it are for my big boy lifts... My squats, bench, and deadlifts.

I’m gonna start with a bench and wake up some days and hit it hard. I already have dumbbells.

And I’d keep my gym membership as well.

I’m driving almost an hour to and from work daily now, so it’s been making me miss sessions that I wouldn’t miss had I been able to lift immediately upon rising.

On top of the long ass drive, I’m a bartender so I’m not leaving until 3 some nights and getting home close to 4. This makes me sleep in longer and compromise my gym time some days.

The money is good there. And I would love to piece together a sexy ass gym setup so I could have options.

Even if I work until 3 I’ll come home and lift my dumbbells some nights and think “fuck why don’t I have a bench press!”

Got a buddy up your way (Burleson) who sells a lot so if you're looking for something in particular I can point you his way....

Good ole Burrly lol. I used to bartend at that Chili’s and I managed that GNC in my early 20’s.

U could ask my wife, as i sit and my equipment in my garage hasnt been touched in about 3 or 4 yrs honestly, no roomfor certain things

I want to get a squat system that folds onto the wall andpiece it together from there so i can fit stuff into my garage like a car for once haha

Rogue equipment is great. You get what you pay for.
This rack looks to be priced well. They have a wide range of prices. I didnt realize they had some affordable pieces.

this one is what I have and its been great. Only $269. From Newyork Barbell, and free shipping!

as others have said, you will most likely find just about everything you would need on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Ebay. You will find everything from home/residential grade equipment to mint condition commercial grade pieces. Gyms are going out of business all the time and a lot of stuff gets sold for pennies on the dollar. Also, often times people need to free up space in their homes and they'll take what they can get just for someone to come and pick up a big heavy piece of equipment. good luck! half the fun is finding the deals.

if you are in the DFW area you could try calling ProMaxima. They are based in Houston and they are the actual manufacturers. They make their stuff on site and on spec. Really cool place.

If you are close to DFW checkout Fit Supply in Arlington! They buy old high school gyms, 24 Hour Fitness that go out of business. They have a bunch online but if you go to the warehouse they have a TON of stuff. They will negotiate too; I have never paid full price for anything over there. Beyond that I have built my gym at auctions and Facebook garage sale

I just added a basement gym myself. I got my rack from force usa. Titan has good stuff for the price, bought some stuff from them also. If your sound Atlanta Play it Again Sports sells used sports stuff. And Fitness Depot has nice brand new equipment

If you can find some gyms closing you can usually get incredible deals on commercial pieces.
A good friend of mine bought and entire line of Hammer Strength equipment for his home gym for
1/3 of the price the gym had paid for it.
Are there businesses that buy that equipment and resell it? I think someone on this thread already mentioned some. Buying some that are resold would be better than not getting any deal at all. Finding gyms going out of business is hard to do, especially ones that are within a reasonable distance of your home. Resales might have a quality guarantee too, whereas buying from a gym going out of business would be all sales final.

if youre just using a home gym as as supplement to a commercial gym then something like a good power bar and the rogue r3 and a flat bench and some plates off craiglist are a good option without buying cheap crap from china and without costing a ton.

if you're looking to replace the commercial with a home gym then it realistically will cost alot. Ive spent upwards of 30k, and I only have a handful of machines, about ten bars and dbs up to 130, power rack, bench press etc. I do think one could have a very good setup for way less, but you're workouts are obviously going to be more limited as far as variety goes, but if one sticks to just the basics one can have a great setup for say 5k. The closer youre training is to powerlifting the less compromise a home gym will be compared to a commercial gym.

I find home gym more motivating but if I had wobbly bench, and a handful of mismatched dbs, an old rusty bar I dont think id bother lifting at home and just drive to the gym. It is nice not having to deal with the crowds around a squat rack (seems like no commercial gym no matter how big has more than 2 or 3 squat racks), and just the dbags etc.

IMO, hands down Rogue has some of the most solid and best equipment around! It will last forever! They also have nice rigs that fit in garage and fold etc. Chrck then out.
I have alot of rogue stuff, power rack, standalone bench press, belt squat, adjustable bench, dbs ....and its all great. All of the higher end rogue stuff is very overbuilt in a good way. buy once cry once when it comes to equipment that can last forever.

Are there businesses that buy that equipment and resell it? I think someone on this thread already mentioned some. Buying some that are resold would be better than not getting any deal at all. Finding gyms going out of business is hard to do, especially ones that are within a reasonable distance of your home. Resales might have a quality guarantee too, whereas buying from a gym going out of business would be all sales final.
have to be careful, alot of the resellers tend to be very shady. they buy stuff from gyms that are either upgrading or out of business, and the quality can vary greatly. also if its freight shipped and its garbage good luck trying to send it back etc. If can inspect in person, then it can be ok. There are some that list their prices and inflate the price of the new product and when you look at the actual new price its hardly more than the used product.

I have also not found cragslist to be of much use. mostly junk on there, ...weider, marcy and other garbage not worth a thing for a serious lifter. alot of that stuff is downright dangerous for any serious lifting.

I went to the same place as Maldorf. Had the stuff for over 20 years and in a humid environment almost always. Still looks good with no rusting at all.

I was struggling making it to the local gym and I finally figured out it just didn't like the social interaction, working out is very meditative to me and I just couldn't get that at a public gym. So I went with Titan for my home gym. Glad I did. OK quality for home gym and they've gotten better over the years.
CL is good option but I didn't have the patience.

I love working out at home but it's gotta be right for you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws