advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Suits and dress clothes for bodybuilders?

Landmonster

Registered
Guys,

I'm assuming some or a lot of you here have professional jobs, or at least the occasion to wear a suit or dress nicely, for special events or job interviews.

Can anyone post some tips on where to buy things like suits, or nice office clothing? Are we screwed?

Clothing for bodybuilding type physiques: Wide shoulders, bigger shoulders/chest/back, thick legs, big arms, etc.

We all know that most of the "slim fit" or off-the-shelf brands are not going to fit.

I need to rebuild my wardrobe with suits, dress shirts, slacks, etc. I'm sure others are in the same boat. Ideas to look professional and nice (without spending a fortune)?

Suggestions of brands or stores would be helpful.

Last edited:
I didn't have too much trouble getting one to fit ok, it wasn't spectacular but looked as good on me as it would have on a regular guy. Just have the store do some tailoring on it for you. I bought mine in a department store that had a full time tailor there and he measured me and then made adjustments to the suit, It didn't fit as good as a custom suit but it also didn't cost too much either. The way to go IMO unless you have a really high paying job that requires a suit daily.

This.

Also, Express of all places has dress clothes that stretch: suits, pants, shirts.... They seem to fit pretty well and being stretchy makes them much more comfortable.

I didn't have too much trouble getting one to fit ok, it wasn't spectacular but looked as good on me as it would have on a regular guy. Just have the store do some tailoring on it for you. I bought mine in a department store that had a full time tailor there and he measured me and then made adjustments to the suit, It didn't fit as good as a custom suit but it also didn't cost too much either. The way to go IMO unless you have a really high paying job that requires a suit daily.

Guys,

I'm assuming some or a lot of you here have professional jobs, or at least the occasion to wear a suit or dress nicely, for special events or job interviews.

Can anyone post some tips on where to buy things like suits, or nice office clothing? Are we screwed?

Clothing for bodybuilding type physiques: Wide shoulders, bigger shoulders/chest/back, thick legs, big arms, etc.

We all know that most of the "slim fit" or off-the-shelf brands are not going to fit.

I need to rebuild my wardrobe with suits, dress shirts, slacks, etc. I'm sure others are in the same boat. Ideas to look professional and nice (without spending a fortune)?

There are online tailors that will custom make your suits. I've never used one but its a good start to do a search and try to find one that is reputable. They will have you take your measurements, pick out fabrics and style and customize it to what you want. That's what i plan on doing when i get some new suits. Im personally tired of shopping for suits and shirts that need to be tailored. I want it built to fit from now on.

www.itailor.com
www.indochino.com

Last edited:
Guys,

when i went at Mens Warehouse - the smiled at me ans they gothing there for me ...i went to one of the popular national big and tall chin for dress suites, and spend $300 for a jacket and $400 to have it altered around the waist, and length wise, cuz i m 5'10...and still loked crappy, since then have a tailor made, if i need one. There are websites online that do tailor made suites - any size. Some of them are out of the country. The that i happened to find was doing a full suit for $199, but I had to email them and explain my situation, so she just said to mail her a current jacked I have and they ll make an exact same size....didnt want to risk sending them a several hundred dollars jacket...

take your clothes to a tailor and everything you get will fit like it's made for you.

Mens Warehouse, they have a tailor on duty who hooks u up. It took a little over a week to get two suits back but they made them fit perfect..

http://basilbespoke.com/

check them out!

Depends on how much you want to spend. Men's Warehouse is well priced when using the BOGO deals but has cheap materials and are generally made poorly (IR - fused)
- They can be ok if you don't wear suits often, but since they are glued they do not wear well, move well, or breathe well. They will start getting broken down after a few dry cleanings.
- If you're wanting a cheap alternative, get a Stafford from JC Penny and have it tailored. It is cheaper quality but can be properly tailored and will look great.

I have fallen for indochino. Badass company where their suits are half or full canvased. They have tremendous quality even at the lowest ($399, not cheap but you're getting a great deal IMO). I've had 4 suits from them and all are still looking great after dozens of wears and numerous drycleanings. My Mens Wearhouse suits lasted about a year before I donated them, and before I went to Indochino I did what I suggested: buy a Stafford that was slightly too big and have it tailored.

Indochino often has huge sales, like 50% off. Still more expensive than MW but it is the difference between a luxury vehicle and a Chevy Beretta. You design your suit to fit YOU, see pictures rather than try to work off a 1x1" piece of fabric, and they cover up to $75 of tailoring if you need an adjustment.

Here are some that are discounted from their premium line
https://www.indochino.com/collection/premium-suits

So in short,
1) Indochino is amazing in any scenario but pricey for most who don't wear suits frequently. Advise to take advantage of their sales.
2) Stafford and tailoring is cheaper but with tailoring looks great for a while
3) Mens Wearhouse sucks
4) No matter what, make sure it fits you properly. IDC if it is an Amrani (legit Armani, not an outlet store that is the equivalent of a fake Rolex), Dsquared2, or even a Gieves & Hawkes piece. If it doesn't fit right, you look at least a bit sloppy.

Last edited:
Check these bespoke suits that can be custom made to fit you.

This place makes great dress shirts for fitting around those broad arms and shoulders without having a giant midsection.

The problem used to be getting a big enough shirt in the shoulders led to having a puffy 1990esque look to it.

I did Indochino and requested extra space in the arms and shoulders so I could actually move them. The measuring guy did not listen to me and I ended up with a barely usable suit and a shirt that did not fit at all. I think allot of it depends on who you get doing the measurements, so I don't want to trash the company...suit itself looks sharp.

Check these bespoke suits that can be custom made to fit you.

Would rather be dead than wear that suit buddy, go shill at a gay bar.

A good tailor is infinitely more important than what suit you buy or where you buy it....

But that being said I like Hugo Boss suits 🤦🏻‍♂️

Suits and tuxes muuuust be tailored.
My wedding tux was a fuckin bitch to get made and spent an arm and leg on it. Fuckin thing and I only wore it once haha.

I actually have more trouble finding regular everyday wear. Most of the time now I rock a 3 or 4X black tee and some NBA shorts or Joggers lol that’s my daily attire.

A custom suit is the best bet, however, you need to be careful whether it is "pattern order" or "fully bespoke". With the pattern order ones, there usually has to be a ton of alterations made to it, and not all shops support that level of customization.

Fully bespoke is the best way to go, but the cost can get extremely expensive, especially if you're an aggressive bulker and cutter... you'll likely need to make 2 different sizes if your weight swings are significant.

In Japan, you can get "semi order made" suits at the Uniqlo online shop. They're not something I'd wear to a super important meeting or anything, but they're fine for everyday wear. You can customize enough things to make them a pretty decent fit, and they're so cheap that you can make a couple different sizes for the price of a single suit elsewhere. The material is stretchy too, so you can kind of fake it if something doesnt fit perfectly. (ie, my shoulders are wider than what the suit is cut for, but because the material is stretchy it's not a deal killer).

I'm not sure if these have been rolled out to other countries yet or not, but the plan is apparently to do so at some point. I would definitely recommend going into a store (needs to be a large one) and trying on the samples they have there to find the combination and measurements that work for you. I wound up doing the Short version of a larger slim fit, which gave me the room in the shoulders I needed without looking like a tent.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws