over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Super Bowl Predictions

Armageddon said:
There's no DEEP holes in the cover 2. There's holes in the seem and along the sidelines around 12 yards. That's not deep. But when you have B. Urlacher running the middle you can't make those passes into the seem. Yes the bears have struggled to stop the run, but they still avg. giving up less than 100 yards a game. They don't let anyone pass for over 200 yards a game and they average just as many points as the saints. The Saints play primarily man coverage, not good for them when they face someone who throughs the long ball as well as Grossman does. There are going to be alot of big plays in this game and the Saints are going to give up the majority of them. Saints are good but not ready.

Don't let anyone pass over 200 yards against them? The last six games of the year - 267, 156, 336, 300, 260, 276. That is an average of 266 yards passing a game. And those are with Tampa, Detriot and Green Bay as the last three teams. They only let up 195 to a hurt Hassleback. The cover 2 has problems with 15 yard slants and outs - and then the safety has to start cheating in and the next thing you know the slot reciever (Colston) is running a seam off of a play action and you get a 60 yard TD because Urlacher has to bite on the run when Duece is running wild right up the gut. Tampa went deep twice on them this year - even Green Bay had two over 30 yards. And we all saw Steve Smith rip them up last year on the deep ball. Without Mike Brown in that Cover 2 - Brees is going to have a feild day.

Armageddon said:
There's no DEEP holes in the cover 2. There's holes in the seem and along the sidelines around 12 yards. That's not deep. But when you have B. Urlacher running the middle you can't make those passes into the seem. Yes the bears have struggled to stop the run, but they still avg. giving up less than 100 yards a game. They don't let anyone pass for over 200 yards a game and they average just as many points as the saints. The Saints play primarily man coverage, not good for them when they face someone who throughs the long ball as well as Grossman does. There are going to be alot of big plays in this game and the Saints are going to give up the majority of them. Saints are good but not ready.

I agree, I like Chicago at home.

Tyrone said:
So you didn't watch the game ehh...

Ya, I watched it. And a great game it was! :)
I wasn't trying to come off as a smartass tyrone. It's just if you only knew how many guys at work have laid that on me this year. Partriots have always been a team to win in the 4th quarter so that word(luck)is used allot with them. I am not saying they do not have luck. I think anyone that goes to the superbowl has to have luck on thier side. I play the football pool at work. And for anyone that has been watching can see that it is anyones game on any given sunday. Free agency has made it so evenly matched. The playoffs are a new season and to guys that have never been thier find out why.

Jig

Oh, and did I mention I love Troy Brown! Bahahaha :)

Stupes said:
Don't let anyone pass over 200 yards against them? The last six games of the year - 267, 156, 336, 300, 260, 276. That is an average of 266 yards passing a game.

-That's also in the last six games. Six games don't make up a season and you truely can't base the playoffs on the last six games. If that was the case the Colts shouldn't even be in the playoffs. There season average is also still less than 200 yds/g. There season rush average is also still under 100yds/g. They don't bite and give up hardly any big plays.
Stop being a fan for a second and think this out. Even the analyst's a re being stupid about the Saints right now. Everyone out there called the Saints bumbs all the way through week 7. They've done well but I don't think they are capable of playing the perfect game yet and that's what it will take to beat Chicago.
The difference here is Chicago has proven that they can overcome some craziness on the field. Wild games, but this also proves that you can take away part of what they do. It just makes the other 2 parts that much more explosive. The Bears are the best in the league when there hot, and when there not they can still beat ya.

And we all saw Steve Smith rip them up last year on the deep ball. What did Steve Smith do in the first meeting, nothing. So this proves again, nothing. Performances like that aren't common with this Bears defense.QUOTE]

Those last six games do matter for the Bears - that's when Mike Brown went down. And don't call me a regular fan - nor an analyst - they are all bandwagon clowns. I'm calling it how I see it - the Bears without Brown are not looking good defensively. They have played weak opponents since the Patriots and have given up lots of yardage. Things could work out in their favor - maybe the weather will help them - but I don't see them stopping the Saints very often. We'll see on Sunday though - one of us will be eating our words - LOL.

Armageddon said:
Stupes said:
Don't let anyone pass over 200 yards against them? The last six games of the year - 267, 156, 336, 300, 260, 276. That is an average of 266 yards passing a game.

-That's also in the last six games. Six games don't make up a season and you truely can't base the playoffs on the last six games. If that was the case the Colts shouldn't even be in the playoffs. There season average is also still less than 200 yds/g. There season rush average is also still under 100yds/g. They don't bite and give up hardly any big plays.
Stop being a fan for a second and think this out. Even the analyst's a re being stupid about the Saints right now. Everyone out there called the Saints bumbs all the way through week 7. They've done well but I don't think they are capable of playing the perfect game yet and that's what it will take to beat Chicago.
The difference here is Chicago has proven that they can overcome some craziness on the field. Wild games, but this also proves that you can take away part of what they do. It just makes the other 2 parts that much more explosive. The Bears are the best in the league when there hot, and when there not they can still beat ya.

And we all saw Steve Smith rip them up last year on the deep ball. What did Steve Smith do in the first meeting, nothing. So this proves again, nothing. Performances like that aren't common with this Bears defense.QUOTE]

Da Bears! Hell,you can put Urlacher on a receiver even, as you saw in the last game.

I'm a lifelong Bears fan and this game scares the shit out of me. The Bears defense is average right now...yes, average. Without Tommie Harris their pass rush has been non-existent, and without Mike Brown they can't stop the run. Tommie Harris commands a doube team every down, without him it frees up blockers to go after Ogunleye, Brown, and Anderson. The shortest distance to a point is a straight line, the Bears no longer have a disruptive force in the middle to take that straight line to the QB. Mike Brown may be one of the most underrated and most oft injured players in the NFL. Brown is the leader on the defense and fills the gaps with reckless abandon to stop the run. Chris Harris, his replacement, has been pitiful. Look at the highlights from the game last weekend, every big run by Alexander is kicked off by a missed arm tackle attempt by Chris Harris.

If the Bears are to win this game they need to ride Cedric Benson. The Saints cannot stop the run, even with the stuffed pig in the middle, Hollis Thomas. The Saints D-ends are fast, so Thomas Jones won't have time to dance behind the line of scrimmage and pick a hole, they need Benson who makes a hole if there isn't one open. I would expect to see them go to Desmond Clark often too, the Saints LB's are pitiful, Clark should have a big day, he may need to for the Bears to be successful. But with the Bears injuries on D and the Saints weapons...it could be a long day for us Bears fans...

Come on guy give me some real stuff here on the Bears. Mike B. was hurt in the Arizona game, which was game six. They did fine without him for 11 games now. Todd Johnson is back and playing well. Yes Mike B makes the defense better, but they'll be alright. I don't care what anyone says about the last 6 games, that doesn't make a season. Let's just wait and see what happens
I'm done, I'll let John Clayton explain it to ya. Peace

But here are the five reasons I think Chicago will win the NFC Championship Game on Sunday and advance to Super Bowl XLI:

Home sweet home: The Bears are playing at home, in the cold and in their elements. The playoffs have been so close this season that wacky things happen. The Seahawks won a home game when Tony Romo botched the game-winning field goal snap. It's been a playoffs filled with crazy plays and weird turnarounds. Because of that, the security of having the home crowd is extremely important in these close games. The Bears' crowd was a factor late in the game against the Seahawks, when Seattle was trying to drive for a game-winning field goal. The home team in the past two NFC championship games has advanced to the Super Bowl. The home team in the NFC has won five of the past seven games. Home field still rules in the NFC.

Back on the defensive: It might not be scientific, but the Bears are due for a good defensive game. Since the loss of defensive tackle Tommie Harris to a torn left hamstring, the Bears' defense has been pretty average. Instead of giving up 14 or fewer points, the Bears have given up more than 21 points in five straight games. This team was not built to allow that many points. But the solid play by defensive tackles Tank Johnson and Ian Scott has to be encouraging to Lovie Smith. Both players are on a mission. Johnson is trying to make Bears fans forget about his myriad off-the-field issues. Scott is playing for a new contract because he'll be an attractive free agent this offseason. When Harris was dominating games, the Bears were almost impossible to move the ball on. Johnson and Scott can't come close to Harris' disruptive ability, but they should be able to cause enough problems to make it tough on the Saints.

Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
Thomas Jones led the Bears in rushing this season with 1,210 yards.Well-coordinated plan: Offensive coordinator Ron Turner is doing the right thing with the offense. He knows Rex Grossman's confidence is fragile. He knows fans will turn on the quarterback if he makes too many mistakes. So Turner is emphasizing the run more. It's the right thing to do. He has Thomas Jones, who is a solid one-cut runner. Jones makes a decision on which hole to run through and hits it hard. Turner also has Cedric Benson, who is a pounding north-south runner. The more success the Bears have running the ball, the less they will have to rely on Grossman's arm. The run also sets up the Bears' play-action passing offense, which should give Grossman the opportunity to hit on a couple of big passing plays. Grossman has the arm and skills to play in a shootout, but if Turner can manage the game with the run, the Bears should come out on top.

Cornering the market: Bears cornerbacks are better than people think. Charles Tillman might have some bad games, but he is a talented cornerback and when he's on he plays at a Pro Bowl level. Remember some of his games against Randy Moss when Moss was with the Vikings? Tillman played Moss as well as any cornerback in the NFL. Nathan Vasher went to the Pro Bowl last year and had another good season. Both corners are also physical enough to help out on the run. Brees is a master of trying to play games with opposing cornerbacks. As long as Tillman and Vasher don't get faked out, they should hold up well in this game. It would hurt the Bears if Joe Horn plays because he's a veteran who knows all the tricks of the receiving trade. But even if he does play, Tillman and Vasher have an experience edge over rookie Marques Colston and Devery Henderson that will play to the Bears' strength.

Tipping the scales: The way officials let defensive backs play can minimize the difference in ability between quarterbacks. Drew Brees has a big edge over Grossman, but that could be minimized by the officials. Completions percentages by quarterbacks in the playoffs have dropped from 64 percent two years ago to 57.1 this season. Why? In my opinion, secondaries are being allowed to get away with more physical coverage. The NFL doesn't want playoff games riddled with penalty flags and coaches know this. They will tell their defensive backs to try to get away with as much as possible. While this obviously could hurt Grossman, too, I believe it will have a bigger impact on Brees and the Saints. The reason is the Bears' secondary has more talent and is better suited to take advantage of the way the officials call the game. If Brees is just a little bit off, it takes away what should be a big advantage for the Saints.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

I've already read it. The Bears were giving up around 70yds/gm when Brown was playing, now their SEASON average is over 100yds/gm, I believe 103. Todd Johnson has played well in the passing game, but maybe played 15 snaps in last weeks game...and is nowhere near the player Brown is. Deuce and Bush could tear the Bears up...who covers Bush when he lines up with Colston and Henderson and the other rook who has been tearing shit up? Dante Wesley, Hunter Hillenmeyer? Come on. Small, speedy players kill the Bears, when they hit that seam in the cover 2...goodbye. Look at what Joey Galloway did to the Bears, two long TDs...Joey Galloway man, he's like 72 yrs old and Tim Rattay was throwing him the ball. Tim f'n Rattay...this is Drew Brees, a top 3 QB in this league...throwing to possibly the deepest offense in this league. Look at what Alexander did to the Bears, he hasn't run on ANYONE all year, and they play in the NFC West!!! Deuce was a man possessed last week...this could be ugly. The playoffs are all about momentum, so the last six weeks are key to the here and now. The Bears struggled to beat an average Seattle team who lost their 2nd best o-lineman in free agency, had a banged up no 1 WR, a banged up QB and were mising their top two corners...hardly a win to hang your hat on...I hope I'm wrong, bu I don't see it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Clayton is hanging his hat on the fact that the Bears are due for a good game. That is pathetic analysis - which is typical of these talking heads around football. Harris has been huge - like Jawbreaker said - he causes so much disruption in the backfield - even with double teams - because he's just so damn quick off the ball - and he's strong. But his double teams create matchup problems with Brown and Ogun - plus issues picking up blitzes. Without him and M Brown - this defense is not the same. And that was proven in the last six games of the year - and those six games were not strong opponents by any means. Bears fans have alot to worry about. The Saints are the best offensive team in the NFC and have been all year - Brees is the real deal - he does everything well. Rolls out - can throw across his body so he can roll out both ways - has pocket presence - a quick release - and can check down with the best of them- plus he's accurate. The Bears have to mix up their looks and disquise their defense or else Brees is going to pick them apart systematically. It's not impossible - but Smith better have something up his sleeve. However, you guys are at home - so you got that going for you. The Bears need two things - Grossman to play well and beat that Saints secondary and linebacker core, which is terrible, this is where the Bears can score. And Lovie has to get that defense prepared and be sneaky with his schemes.

Disclaimer - I am neither a Saints nor a Bears fan. In fact I've liked the Bears over the years more than the Saints.

McAllister does scare me the way he ran last week(143 yards rushing) and Bush could be a threat as well with Breese. I don't know, the only advantage may be the home team that is used to the elements.

And all of those 143 were hard yards - Bush could easily fumble the way the Bears go after the ball..........I am predicting a Bush fumble if he gets 10 touches.

predicted weather for chicago this sunday

Few Snow Showers

Low: 24° High: 33°

Dome team playing in that type of weather will cause problems for them.

Bush and Duece are both used to playing warmer climates, nothing hurts more then getting a helmet on frozen numb arms. Look for fumbles out of these 2.

the coldest weather the saints have played in all year was 55 degrees.

Brees should be ok Purdue Indiana is a cold place to play college ball.

I can tell you right now if the weather stays the way has been the past few days here in Chicago, the Saints will be in for a long cold afternoon!

HELLO!

Why y'all even worried about the bears?
Yeah, they'll win the NFC by the skin of their teeth but it will either be the pats or the colts in the superbowl and the one that makes it will win overall. Just as I (somewhat) predicted.
This is a quote from an e-mail I sent to my buddy Fri 9/15/2006 11:57 AM
Looks like the PATs have a good chance for the superbowl….let's hope they can beat out the Colts and keep the broncos and the Seahawks at bay.
Yeah, I know the broncos bit it this season, but I was going by what I saw the previous season and the changes they went through.
About the Saints, well....they suprised me.
and please don't badger me about the seahawks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131