YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Super Carb, Dextrose, Malt...liquid carbs--waste of moolah?

TheeBC

Registered
Newbies
Hey All,

Im on some test/tren/HGH. I have never really messed with powdered carbs when I was on gear. I only used it when off.

I do eat plenty of whole foods but am still curious as to some of your thoughts. I see dextrose and malt in unflavored options then I see supercarb by Nutrabio and Karbolyn that come with some added benefits of BCAA, EAA, etc.

Are these a waste of money?

like Most good answers...it depends.

If your an average gym rat, probably a waste.

If your really fucking big and lean, at 4500 calories and can’t eat anymore, pinning insulin pre workout, it could be almost necessary.

I use simple dextrose in my intra and post workout shakes (Coco Krispys in post sometimes) , both with insulin and without to cause an Insulin spike.
I've tried them all and dextrose digest the easiest and causes the higher blood sugar spike AND is super cheap.

I use simple dextrose in my intra and post workout shakes (Coco Krispys in post sometimes) , both with insulin and without to cause an Insulin spike.
I've tried them all and dextrose digest the easiest and causes the higher blood sugar spike AND is super cheap.

When I fucked around with pre insulin I would just get 2-3 of those Carmel rice cakes and munch on them through the workout. I lived 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you're doing a higher doses of humalog pre-workout it's very helpful. It absorbs faster than dextrose something like 20% and for whatever reason carb per carb it seems to control blood sugar better and is easier for me to stomach.

Going hypo during your workout and trying to play catch up ruins the workout.

If you're not running high doses of some sort of fast acting insulin I really don't see the point on spending the extra money. Dextrose is just fine.

The other day I accidentally doubled dose I had to buy two Gatorades at the gym to not go hypo. My stomach was somewhat upset drinking the Gatorades

As someone who hasn't run slin I really don't see much advantage from cluster dextrin or the more expensive powdered carbs. I used it for awhile post workout to replacement glycogen but didn't find enough real world benefit to warrant the increased price over some cheaper options.
True Nutrition sells a post work-out carb mix (dextrose/maltodextrin) for $3.49 a pound whereas most cluster dextrin is over a dollar per serving.

With that being said individuals where diabetes is hereditary in their family cluster dextrin and carb10 may be safe option as a quick energy source as they are less likely to spike insulin levels.

I use Nutrabio’s Carbomax intra workout especially after my preworkout slin.

Thanks guys, Im not massive but I do have some size. Maybe I dont give myself enough credit either. Ill post-pone on the carbs then. No slin here...

Thanks guys, Im not massive but I do have some size. Maybe I dont give myself enough credit either. Ill post-pone on the carbs then. No slin here...
Give you self credit bro. A positive self image never hurts and helps tremendously.
Right now I am using Karboload from Truenutrition (with their EAAs mixed in) intra workout and it has been beneficial.

Give you self credit bro. A positive self image never hurts and helps tremendously.
Right now I am using Karboload from Truenutrition (with their EAAs mixed in) intra workout and it has been beneficial.

Hey brother, my self-image is good. When I say "not as big", Im bigger than most I interact with but not close to as big as some of the big boys on here. haha. I keep thinking that I need to be able to stuff 3500+ clean calories into my stomach everyday as whole food but its becoming a real pain in my ass. I think I am going to go with some extra cream of rice + some liquid calories to really step it up to 4k+.

Thanks for the reach out either way, glad to know there are people here who will pick you up either way. Glad im on the board. :)

Hey brother, my self-image is good. When I say "not as big", Im bigger than most I interact with but not close to as big as some of the big boys on here. haha. I keep thinking that I need to be able to stuff 3500+ clean calories into my stomach everyday as whole food but its becoming a real pain in my ass. I think I am going to go with some extra cream of rice + some liquid calories to really step it up to 4k+.

Thanks for the reach out either way, glad to know there are people here who will pick you up either way. Glad im on the board. :)
I add cooked egg whites, agave nectar and sliced fruit to my cream of rice, honestly it's really good.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131