over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Superficial Thrombophlebetis - Help

heman4u

Registered
Anyone got any idea of the risk of superficial thromboplebetis? Many years ago (about 8 years or so), I saw the beginning of a strange black spot at the end of my left forearm downside near to the palm (See Photo Attached). It started extending through the forearms through the line of a vein to the biceps and delt tie-ins. No pain, No itching nothing. It looked like a blood clot to me so I finally decided to visit a doctor. They were totally clueless. Asked me about any steroid use seeing my body then which was obvious. But I was completely natural then. And, finally after a doppler test, it was diagonised as Superficial Thromboplebetis. They just gave me a heparin cream to apply. But even a month later applying it, I saw no changes in the marks appeared. It's still there even after years. My question is that has it to do anything with my lifting? Will the use of AAS affect me in anyway? I have been reading about the dangers of blood clots here in ProMuscle and that made me post this thread as Superficial Thrombophlebetis is a clot in the superficial veins. So I would like to know about the risks and what precautions should I take if I decide to continue using AAS?

Attachments

• heman4u.jpg
    heman4u.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping for some help friends. These days my hands are going numb during sleep no matter which position I sleep. I am worried it has go to do something with proper blood circulation in my body? Right now I m only on 250 mg Test C per week. Any input on this and the OT brothers?

Ive had a few patients with this, but in the more common leg locations. Wearing a compression sleeve can help. Getring a scrip for an anti-inflammatory cream and taking ibuprofen will help the venous inflammatiin. Moist heat daily and massaging the area can reduce and prevent clotting

Heman4u - yours is commonly nerve compression... nrachial plexus impingement. Shoulders,neck, and chest being overly tight... sleeping in your side aggravates and will def put hands to sleep

Can AAS use cause any complications in those diagonised with Superficial Thrombosis?

yours is commonly nerve compression... nrachial plexus impingement. Shoulders,neck, and chest being overly tight... sleeping in your side aggravates and will def put hands to sleep

I used to sleep on my side. But not only side, sleeping in any position for a while is making my hands go numb. After reading your reply, I did a search on the condition and tried sleeping with hands on my abs. Now thats the only position my hands are not going numb. Do you know any other things that can help with the condition? Thank You for your time.

I used to sleep on my side. But not only side, sleeping in any position for a while is making my hands go numb. After reading your reply, I did a search on the condition and tried sleeping with hands on my abs. Now thats the only position my hands are not going numb. Do you know any other things that can help with the condition? Thank You for your time.

Its caused by impingement. So, you have to release and loosen the muscles that are entrapping the nerves. Stretch, deep tissue massage, or something lile graston or ART

Ive had a few patients with this, but in the more common leg locations. Wearing a compression sleeve can help. Getring a scrip for an anti-inflammatory cream and taking ibuprofen will help the venous inflammatiin. Moist heat daily and massaging the area can reduce and prevent clotting

Any cream or ointment you know will erase these black marks that appeared from the thrombosis on my forearm?

Any cream or ointment you know will erase these black marks that appeared from the thrombosis on my forearm?

Get a prescription anti inflammatory cream like diclofenac

Get a prescription anti inflammatory cream like diclofenac

Thank You. But after about 8 years, is it still the inflammation? I see it as a hyperpigmentation of the skin post thrombosis.

Last edited:
I would get tested at 23andme.com to see if you have an increased risk for blood clots. If you do, please do the smart thing and stop using AAS completely.

Superficial thromboplebetis is common in those with Factor V Leiden. And if you have FVL, you should definitely stay natural. Same goes for other clotting disorders.

I would get tested at 23andme.com to see if you have an increased risk for blood clots. If you do, please do the smart thing and stop using AAS completely.

Superficial thromboplebetis is common in those with Factor V Leiden. And if you have FVL, you should definitely stay natural. Same goes for other clotting disorders.

I had my Superficial blood clot 8 years ago when I was natural. But I used to smoke a lot then. And I guess smoking is a known cause that leads to superficial thrombosis. Anyway your suggestion to get tested for blood clotting disorders made me think. I feel it's important for anyone on AAS to get it tested. So can anyone list out the tests for blood clotting disorders I should do?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131