over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplement companies

roidrage

Newbies
Hello all. I´m in need of some info regarding the legitimacy of the supplement brands. Several years ago Bill Phillips wrote a book about the supplement industrie that was quite telling also Testosterone magazine had an intresting article about the dirty tricks these companies play on the consumers. However recently it has been hard to find some solid cold fact information about the legitimacy of diffrent brands ( as I understand ON is the only companie that is FDA approved - is this true?). Reason I´m asking is that there are so many books written about the AAS subject where various scamers and fakes are reviled ( ex pictures and lab test results in anabolics 2006 ) and I was wondering if there are any books written on the subject of supplements? Or is it so that there isn´t that many people out there who are willing to take the risk of an open conflict with these companies? Apprciate the info.

Are you looking for a book so you can know what to take or are you wanting names of reputable supplement manufacturers?

man read for the rest of the night on here and you will find the answer to every question you can come up with..

Stick with a bigger company, because chances are they don't want their product put to the test and negative results coming out.

Synthetek (Big A stands behind his product and alot of guys on the board use them)
Beverly
Universal
Champion
Labrada
DYA
Optimum
GNC (Weider makes I believe and has been tested good)
Cytosport
Instone
Twinlab
ISS

I agree with you, it would be nice if a company just specialized in testing food supplements marketed towards bodybuilders. But even Consumer Reports has had lots of scandals and payoffs for their supposedly unbiased product testing.

You really can't win when you get alot of humans involved in anything, better to make your own informed decision and move forward.

i personally stay away from muscletech products.....they came out with new stuff fast and didn't test properly. i love ISS and VPX products.

NO-Shotgun is AMAZING!!!

it just depends on what exactly you're looking for...

marshall said:
Stick with a bigger company, because chances are they don't want their product put to the test and negative results coming out.

Synthetek (Big A stands behind his product and alot of guys on the board use them)
Beverly
Universal
Champion
Labrada
DYA
Optimum
GNC (Weider makes I believe and has been tested good)
Cytosport
Instone
Twinlab
ISS

I agree with you, it would be nice if a company just specialized in testing food supplements marketed towards bodybuilders. But even Consumer Reports has had lots of scandals and payoffs for their supposedly unbiased product testing.

You really can't win when you get alot of humans involved in anything, better to make your own informed decision and move forward.
Damn!!! I love the first 2...Synthetek is simply the best and Beverly international has GREAT stuff too...2 of my main sources...If your looking for liquid beef aminos(the best) PM Phil... Same goes for ephedrine...Phil is the man...

Tyrone said:
Damn!!! I love the first 2...Synthetek is simply the best and Beverly international has GREAT stuff too...2 of my main sources...If your looking for liquid beef aminos(the best) PM Phil... Same goes for ephedrine...Phil is the man...

Ya, I've been thinking of giving Phil's aminos a try when the day comes I want to cut calories.

PM your experience and thoughts about them when you get a chance if you don't mind....no rush !

I haven't tried any of the synthetek stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to check and see if Phil carries any of it.
Beverly is the old standby. Trusted name and products. You can't go wrong with them. I don't know about the rest of the companies. I always either go beverly or whatever Phil is selling b/c his stuff has to pass his test.
The liquid aminos are really great Marshall if you ever want to try them. Like I was just saying in another thread, I rellied on them to make up for lost ground with poor nutrition over the past 3 months. I wasn't able to take them like I was supposed to due to limited funds, but I think Phil can back me up here...I grew like a weed...w/o drugs or other supps. 215lbs to a portly but muscular 240lbs. :)
Added tons of mass. I can PM or email you photos if you like.

littlemack said:
I haven't tried any of the synthetek stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to check and see if Phil carries any of it.
Beverly is the old standby. Trusted name and products. You can't go wrong with them. I don't know about the rest of the companies. I always either go beverly or whatever Phil is selling b/c his stuff has to pass his test.
The liquid aminos are really great Marshall if you ever want to try them. Like I was just saying in another thread, I rellied on them to make up for lost ground with poor nutrition over the past 3 months. I wasn't able to take them like I was supposed to due to limited funds, but I think Phil can back me up here...I grew like a weed...w/o drugs or other supps. 215lbs to a portly but muscular 240lbs. :)
Added tons of mass. I can PM or email you photos if you like.

That was with poor nutrition? I would hate see what would happen to you with good nutrition.

you can throw Sci-Fit into the mix as well....

They have a $1000 dollar gaurantee that if you get their proteins tested that they will pay you $1000 is it doesn't say what it has in there...

Roux said:
damn mack...you've put on some serious size. good job. phil is the man. i gotta hook up with him someday.

Thanks man. What I want to do now is hold this 240lbs and slowly drop fat from my waistline while adding muscle. It will be a slow going thing probably, but I'm ok with that.

Supplements

The name of the book was--- Supplement Secrets Revealed.
The book simply stated most supplement suppliers try to sell the average
person as much crap as possible in the first 3 months of training.
Now it makes no difference if the supps work or not. Mainly because the average gym joe will quit lifting in 3 months or less.
Stick to the basics: Protein, Creatine, Glutamine, Juice and blondes.

well

alot of the big names twinlab i know for sure,have been bought by the pharmaceutical companies.they are buying the big ones and then putting out the poorest quality they can.i would stick with smaller companies that are board sponsers,because they usually work out themselves so they usually use the highest quality ingredients available.

now trying to find out who ownes what supp companies,good luck it will be under some bs LLC company but you might be able to trace it back(it would take some time and work)

as for bill phillips,he's a marketing genius.he slowly roped everyone in with his magazine,then started putting out cutting edge supps that worked.with brilliant marketing,contest and his free books he drove that company through the roof.then did what evryone is supposed to do with a companie when it's at it's peak,he sold it for 430,000,000 and him and his brothers stay on as consultants.as soon as it sold the quality of the products went down quick.

leap

roidrage said:
Hello all. I´m in need of some info regarding the legitimacy of the supplement brands. Several years ago Bill Phillips wrote a book about the supplement industrie that was quite telling also Testosterone magazine had an intresting article about the dirty tricks these companies play on the consumers. However recently it has been hard to find some solid cold fact information about the legitimacy of diffrent brands ( as I understand ON is the only companie that is FDA approved - is this true?). Reason I´m asking is that there are so many books written about the AAS subject where various scamers and fakes are reviled ( ex pictures and lab test results in anabolics 2006 ) and I was wondering if there are any books written on the subject of supplements? Or is it so that there isn´t that many people out there who are willing to take the risk of an open conflict with these companies? Apprciate the info.

Appriciate all the info. I´ve seen the name Wieder mentioned. Bill phillips book from 1992 had lab reports from their amino products and it contained only 65% what it was supposed to. Beverly International mass had also 76% of the stated ratios. Either way Met-Rx scored highest with overdosed products and twinlab had 100% of the stated amount in the studies selected products. However at that time apparantly Bill had a buisness relationship with Met-Rx so one can argue that that labtests where somewhat biased. A company named cybergenics had the worst testresults. either way since companies like beverly or Weider quit possibly cheated with the amounts then whats stops them from doing the same now? Anyway, apparantly there isn´t any reliable books or studies on the subject, so I´ll just keep my eyes open on this forum to see what brands people tend to use and are satisfied with.

Swolen1 - very insightfull. You are a genius. Next time I have a question I´ll definatly ask you first

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws