over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplement

MarkT

Newbies
Morning everyone, I am wondering which supplements you guys use. Different ones have a differente effect on everyone - but personally I'm looking for a supplement that will help me gain size but not cross over into a steroid zone.

I've seen advertisements for Vitrix and some others - are there any that you guys reccomend?

Hi Mark,

There are lots of Bros here who will be able to give you some excellent advice on all aspects of nutrition and supplimentation, but could I suggest that you add some back ground information to help us formulate an acurate response for you?
Additional info such as your age, BB experience, training routine, current stats and most importantly your current diet would help us get a better picture of where you are. Also, how much size/weight are you looking to gain and over what period of time?
It's also worth looking up the training and nutrition related posts from Bros like Dad, DC and BigA to name just a few.

Anyway, look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers Bro,
N. :)

HI niviucha!

Thanks for replying to me - here are the answers to your questions:

BB Experience: Just started - so minimial to none.

training routine - I've set up a 3-4 day workout routine.

Monday - Chest, Triceps, Traps
Wednesday - Biceps, Back
Friday - Legs

Every workout has minimum 35-40 min cardio, ab workout

Current stats (approximate):

5'8, 166lbs, 34w , 14a, 44chest

I don't want to get huge, but I do want to gain overall defenition. I was told with my frame I am prone to adding muscle mass - but I spent a large part of my life as an overweight teen and young adult.

I'm looking for an overall athletic look - defenition overall - but not overly bulky.

Is that realistic? Let's face it - if i gain more size I won't complain as long as it's muscle mass and not fat :)

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on Supplements or training regimes.

MarkT said:
HI niviucha!

Thanks for replying to me - here are the answers to your questions:

BB Experience: Just started - so minimial to none.

training routine - I've set up a 3-4 day workout routine.

Monday - Chest, Triceps, Traps
Wednesday - Biceps, Back
Friday - Legs

Every workout has minimum 35-40 min cardio, ab workout

Current stats (approximate):

5'8, 166lbs, 34w , 14a, 44chest

I don't want to get huge, but I do want to gain overall defenition. I was told with my frame I am prone to adding muscle mass - but I spent a large part of my life as an overweight teen and young adult.

I'm looking for an overall athletic look - defenition overall - but not overly bulky.

Is that realistic? Let's face it - if i gain more size I won't complain as long as it's muscle mass and not fat :)

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on Supplements or training regimes.

At this stage you don't need supplements. Maybe a good protein powder IF you are not getting enough protein in, but you should be.
Read my Growth Principles for Beginners thread in the Article's Forum.

Thanks

Hey Big A!

Thanks for your reply man. I read your guide for beginners , great advice there.

Open question for others as well but I usually put alot of cardio into my workout. Should I be cutting that back? Sorry for sounding naive but in a world of cardio enduced workouts things get confusing.

Also BigA - you mentioned it's good to change up the excerises with freeweights and bars. I'm more comfortable with FW - can i start your exercises (3 day workout program) with FW till i get more comfortable with the exerices?

Sorry for all the questions - i rather ask now and do it right vs not asking at all and wasting alot of time.

Sorry I also forgot to add that I before and after workouts I take Swiss Amino Acid pills. After visiting at Nutrition store I was told taking Amino Acid would be a plus for my workouts.

Is there truth to that?

You should be able to obtain most of your goals through proper nutrition and exercise. You could do cardio on your days-off trom weight, maybe for a bit longer duration. Sounds like you have FW (free weights) mixed up with machines?!?

Taking a good BCAA post workout is always good. I don't know that it's as important to have protein pre-workout. Sounds like a bunch of sales bunk re: Swiss Amino pills.

Xcel thanks for your reply man.

I am understanding now more than ever how important proper nutrition is. I started BigA's routine last night (varried it up a little) and today I am feeling that nice fatique still - best and shortest workout I had.

Coming from an Italian background where fried foods is on the top of the menu, I've had to change my habbits to loose the weight I did so changing it again shouldn't be hard.

Thanks everyone for your help.

xcelbeyond said:
You should be able to obtain most of your goals through proper nutrition and exercise. You could do cardio on your days-off trom weight, maybe for a bit longer duration. Sounds like you have FW (free weights) mixed up with machines?!?

Taking a good BCAA post workout is always good. I don't know that it's as important to have protein pre-workout. Sounds like a bunch of sales bunk re: Swiss Amino pills.

MarkT said:
Hey Big A!

Thanks for your reply man. I read your guide for beginners , great advice there.

Open question for others as well but I usually put alot of cardio into my workout. Should I be cutting that back? Sorry for sounding naive but in a world of cardio enduced workouts things get confusing.

Also BigA - you mentioned it's good to change up the excerises with freeweights and bars. I'm more comfortable with FW - can i start your exercises (3 day workout program) with FW till i get more comfortable with the exerices?

Sorry for all the questions - i rather ask now and do it right vs not asking at all and wasting alot of time.

Depends how much cardio you are doing. A small session (20 min or so) after a workout it will be fine.

Both barbells and dumbells are freeweights. Non freeweights are the machines.
You can swap around between barbells and dumbells as much as you wish.

MarkT said:
Sorry I also forgot to add that I before and after workouts I take Swiss Amino Acid pills. After visiting at Nutrition store I was told taking Amino Acid would be a plus for my workouts.

Is there truth to that?

Amino Acids are what protein is made out of. Swiss is a decent brand, but you don't need them. Have a whey isolate protetin shake, and you'll get all the aminos you need.

Also, you are supposed to have carbs after a workout, not protein (aminos). Later on (1 hour or so) have the protein.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass