IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
- baby aspirin
- fish oils
- garlic
- green tea
- nattokinase

If you guys know of any more, please list them here.

Last edited:
a little red wine ;)

Ginkgo Biloba and Ginger....my brother takes both of these for blood thinner. :)

I was on the aspirin and fish oil when I got my clot.

I read some very promising things about Nattokinase and I know that Emeric really thinks that it is important.

Caution...

I was on the aspirin and fish oil when I got my clot.

I read some very promising things about Nattokinase and I know that Emeric really thinks that it is important.

I take one baby aspirin per day right now but will be starting nattokinase this week... DO NOT take them together though. It can thin the blood too much.

If blood is "too thick" OR "too thin", a stroke can occur, respectively blockage or hemorrhage. The nice thing with natto- it can also lower cholesterol (has an additive property especially when taken with RYR) and clear existing fibrin in the artery's.

I take one baby aspirin per day right now but will be starting nattokinase this week... DO NOT take them together though. It can thin the blood too much.

If blood is "too thick" OR "too thin", a stroke can occur, respectively blockage or hemorrhage. The nice thing with natto- it can also lower cholesterol (has an additive property especially when taken with RYR) and clear existing fibrin in the artery's.

I would definetely be taking nattokinase now if I werent on coumadin. Good point about the aspirin. I havent seen that documented anywhere, but it makes sense.

Ask...

I would definetely be taking nattokinase now if I werent on coumadin. Good point about the aspirin. I havent seen that documented anywhere, but it makes sense.

I don't know how your doc is, but, SOME docs are willing to switch their patients over to nattokinase... give it a shot, maybe bring some literature just in case

I don't know how your doc is, but, SOME docs are willing to switch their patients over to nattokinase... give it a shot, maybe bring some literature just in case

Well, I dont know how effective it is compared to coumadin. I am willing to bet that its not as effective but that it probably has less side effects to worry about. For now Im more confident in taking the coumadin, but it would be interesting for me to ask my hemo about it. I am actually seeing him tomorrow and may ask him about natto. Wish me luck, in that my hemoglobin wont be sky high. Im probably looking at another phlebotomy tomorrow and they have a hell of a time tapping into my veins! My veins like to roll .

Yeah, just read a study on pubmed where a guy took 400mg natto for 7 days straight with aspirin and then suffered a cerebral hemorrhage

Yeah, just read a study on pubmed where a guy took 400mg natto for 7 days straight with aspirin and then suffered a cerebral hemorrhage

Well, that certainly tells the story.

well, they also said he had various other microbleeds, so obviously timing is crucial, also I wonder if 400mg is the effective dose or could we get away with 100-200mg?

Just a side note, If you are taking Coumadin or a blood thinner, you got to be careful about taking more supplements to thin your blood. My Doctor told me no.

From what I've read...

well, they also said he had various other microbleeds, so obviously timing is crucial, also I wonder if 400mg is the effective dose or could we get away with 100-200mg?

100mg/day should suffice

How about reducing the dosage for Coumadine while using the supplements? With the doctors approval of cos. Would it be better?

Too many variables....

How about reducing the dosage for Coumadine while using the supplements? With the doctors approval of cos. Would it be better?

Coumadin levels must be in a "therapeutic range" in order to be effective (have to have labs drawn until the right dose is achieved)

I see. Thanks bro. Im just trying to find out as my wife is on Coumadine. Long term on it can be pretty bad on the kidneys. If can be done and the blood thickness is within range would be great.

Just a side note, If you are taking Coumadin or a blood thinner, you got to be careful about taking more supplements to thin your blood. My Doctor told me no.

I am on 5mg Coumadin and 300mg Nattokinase per day for more than 4 years non stop, also I take 10 1200mg Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA) softgels derived from anchovies, 3 table spoon aple cider vinegar per day, 600mg Humanofort, 4 table spoon of olive oil per day, I drink 2 ginger tea per day, 4 table spoon of glicerine (for each table spoon I add 10 oz water), 1/2 watermelon per day.

What is very important is that if you have any variation of blood disorder do not take more than 150mg test per week.

Here is a good study

Attachments

• NATTOKINASE.pdf
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,383
Nice....

I am on 5mg Coumadin and 300mg Nattokinase per day for more than 4 years non stop, also I take 10 1200mg Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA) softgels derived from anchovies, 3 table spoon aple cider vinegar per day, 600mg Humanofort, 4 table spoon of olive oil per day, I drink 2 ginger tea per day, 4 table spoon of glicerine (for each table spoon I add 10 oz water), 1/2 watermelon per day.

What is very important is that if you have any variation of blood disorder do not take more than 150mg test per week.

Here is a good study

This might be another answer to Fires question.

Emeric.... Was it hard to get in therapeutic range? Does your doctor work with you on the natto dose? 300 mg seems a little high with all the other supplements. If on natto, why on coumadin as well? Do you have a clotting disorder?

Hahaha, sorry for all the questions good sir, this just surprised me is all.

This might be another answer to Fires question.

Emeric.... Was it hard to get in therapeutic range? Does your doctor work with you on the natto dose? 300 mg seems a little high with all the other supplements. If on natto, why on coumadin as well? Do you have a clotting disorder?

Hahaha, sorry for all the questions good sir, this just surprised me is all.

Yes I have factor 5 blood disorder.

Well first I added 100mg Natto to my 5mg coumadin and I have tetsed the cuagulation time and it was 1.6, then I added on other 100mg and have tested agent, the cuagulatin time was the same 1.6 so I added on other 100mg and the cuagulation time it go up to 1.8 which is not dangeros. You need to monitor the cuagulatin time every time you adding some thing that can thin your blood.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131