over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements to take to speed up healing from surgery

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I am having smart lipo/gyno surgery this Friday. Even though the gyno I have had since puberty is looking the best it has ever looked because I am the leanest and possible the best shape I have ever been at 41+ years old but still there is some left to be removed. Being I am super lean and when I flex I can see some left as well as loose skin which will be taken care of. Since I will already be on the table my surgeon will be polishing up the abs as well, etching I think they call it and tightening up some very small amounts of loose skin. (smart lipo is actually fda approved for that, happens from the laser they use it seem)

That being said, been doing weeks and weeks of research and narrowed the list of pre/post surgery supplements for decreased healing time and decreasing bruising and inflammation as follows:

** (super popular) Bromelain and Quercetin -- start 3 days pre surgery 3 times a day, empty stomach before meals then keep taking it a few weeks after. Apparently on an empty stomach helps with inflammation, when you take Bromelain with food it helps with digestion so 2 different applications for it.

** (seems to be the most popular) Arnica Montana (homeopathic) 30x - start the night before surgery or morning of then up to 2 weeks post. Dissolve under tongue. I actually bought the little vials but the learned of a more potent/popular one called SinEcch which are 1M strength (2000x) and super popular on all the surgery forums. I also bought the Arnica Montana cream that is only applied once incisions have healed/closed up.

Zinc picolinate - start 50mg 2 weeks prior to surgery

B6 - post surgery
Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) - pre and post surgery

L-Glutamine - will be taking probably 30-50gms a day post surgery, I already started too add some to my Intra workout.

Taurine and Arginine are supposed to help too. I got some free Arginine recently (for providing and Amazon.com review) and I alsways use Taurine so will be doing a lot more post surgery.

- Recently bought some Knox gelatin - can't hurt and if I had thought of it sooner I would have bought some LBA's

Supps to take both pre and post surgery that help:

B-complex
Vitamin C
CoQ10 - I take Ubiquinol
Milk Thistle
Probiotics

I am still taking my Vitamin K which actually helps with clotting though no one really mentions it online as a surgery healing supplement. Still taking my multi-vitamin but that is it unfortunately.

Unfortunately I had to eliminate like 75%+ of my current supplements that I take every day as they can all potentially thin the blood and slow clotting time which we can't have during surgery. Will slowly add them back in post surgery. I really want to get back on the curcumin/fish oils, etc etc etc ..so much shit I stopped taking.

I wish BPC-157 had a whole body healing effect but being that I have some left over not open in the fridge and been pushing my shoulders hard lately I will start hitting up my left rotator, who knows, cant hurt.

No GH because I don't touch that stuff otherwise I would be allover it for healing.

Truth be told I can't imagine this being a rough surgery to heal from, I will be awake but I am trying to speed up healing as much as possible so I can get clearance from the doc to get back in the gym.

Anyone have any others to add to the list, I am all ears or any other insight.

I did pretty much everything you have after my gyno surgery, minus straight milk thistle (I use liv-52) and vitamin A.

I also take BCM-95 curcumin year round and feel this helped (anti inflammatory properties).

Lots of fish oil - heart heat, circulation

LBAs - those these fuckers

Green Vibrance - greens powder - too many veggies upset my stomach so I can't benefit from a lot of veggies and this helps

I did pretty much everything you have after my gyno surgery, minus straight milk thistle (I use liv-52) and vitamin A.

I also take BCM-95 curcumin year round and feel this helped (anti inflammatory properties).

Lots of fish oil - heart heat, circulation

LBAs - those these fuckers

Green Vibrance - greens powder - too many veggies upset my stomach so I can't benefit from a lot of veggies and this helps

Yeah curcumin thins blood so I stopped. Fish oils too. Have to be careful post surgery too cause you want incisions to heal.

Green vibrance I take but today I'm dropping all greens too. Will be loading up like crazy post surgery on that and phytoform.

Yup Liv-52 I bought 5 bottles. Started 2 weeks ago.

I'm curious if your surgeon felt you healed faster than normal patients.

Also I'll be wearing that singlet looking compression suit for like a month all day long even in gym. I'm committed to wear it at all times. Some people fuck up recovery and don't wear it enough.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yeah curcumin thins blood so I stopped. Fish oils too. Have to be careful post surgery too cause you want incisions to heal.

Green vibrance I take but today I'm dropping all greens too. Will be loading up like crazy post surgery on that and phytoform.

Yup Liv-52 I bought 5 bottles. Started 2 weeks ago.

I'm curious if your surgeon felt you healed faster than normal patients.

Also I'll be wearing that singlet looking compression suit for like a month all day long even in gym. I'm committed to wear it at all times. Some people fuck up recovery and don't wear it enough.

I wore the compression vest and also wrapped my chest with an ace wrap.

I was back to all normal activities after a week. Training hard after 10 dats. My surgeon called me a freak lol

I guess whatever I did worked hahahaha

This was taken 2 weeks post surgery I think

CTpvENu.jpg

Last edited:
I wore the compression vest and also wrapped my chest with an ace wrap.

I was back to all normal activities after a week. Training hard after 10 dats. My surgeon called me a freak lol

I guess whatever I did worked hahahaha

Sweet. That is for sure fast from what I've read online. I guess the supps helped.

Yeah I bought all sorts of wraps and shit. Let's see if he let's me wear them. Don't wanna create divits or something else to slow the recovery.

Sweet. That is for sure fast from what I've read online. I guess the supps helped.

Yeah I bought all sorts of wraps and shit. Let's see if he let's me wear them. Don't wanna create divits or something else to slow the recovery.

I wore the ace wraps for a few data to get the fluid out and into the drains then then swelling went down a good bit

GH Bro !!! LOL jk i know you dont take gh, but it would help you recover.

GH Bro !!! LOL jk i know you dont take gh, but it would help you recover.

Damn you. Lol

You have more than enough. A well thought and and thorough plan. I was gonna mention arnica gel but I see you have even included that.

Truth of the matter is guys like us think 3-4 weeks off in the gym is the end of the world, but when you need to take the time off and you do take the break its never as bad as you think.

I was off 3 weeks after my gyno surgery and it sucked, but you get it back so fast that its almost irrelevant after a few months. Plus you have to remember you are fixing a problem, so in the grand scheme of things you are going to look a lot better.

Just get over the mental hurdle, and I think you are good to go with all these supps. Even if you take 4 weeks off to really heal properly you will come back and get your pump back in a couple weeks.

Truth of the matter is guys like us think 3-4 weeks off in the gym is the end of the world, but when you need to take the time off and you do take the break its never as bad as you think.

I was off 3 weeks after my gyno surgery and it sucked, but you get it back so fast that its almost irrelevant after a few months. Plus you have to remember you are fixing a problem, so in the grand scheme of things you are going to look a lot better.

Just get over the mental hurdle, and I think you are good to go with all these supps. Even if you take 4 weeks off to really heal properly you will come back and get your pump back in a couple weeks.

So true but I'm such a paranoid nut. Lol

What about IGF1-LR3? It has healing abilities and works systematically. All you would need is a low dose such as 50mcgs.

Because of an old bladder cancer I won't touch gh, igf etc

U don't wanna go over kill either bro. Good nutrition, proper rest and a few extra vits is more then enough.

A little off topic but do you use AS.

Post surgery I will for sure. Helped me a lot post shoulder surgery last year.

I wonder if Humanofort would help. I have a few bottles lying around.

Well I'm all done with surgery. Let's see what my doc says about how I'm healing and will see if all these supplements paid off!

Little update on this. I am 4 days post op today and had my first post op appointment, well my Dr was blown away. He said I am about 50% less swelling then everyone else he works on, zero bruising, not much bleeding (in the drainage pouches) and now he wants me to start taking off the compression suit (that's supposed to be worn for 4 weeks) at night and maybe take it off for good. Though I may keep it on longer but I will just see what happens. So it seems my pre/post surgery supplements protocol really works. I highly recommend the protocol I outlined above for anyone getting surgery.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member