over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements you can't buy cheap online

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I'm opening a local nutrition store and want the bulk of my products to not be name brands that Amazon and these big online shops whore out for prices so low the profit is like $5 at the most. I found a good local company but I figure there are tons of out of state company's that only distribute to stores and can't be whored out online. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate a PM. Thanks

I'm opening a local nutrition store and want the bulk of my products to not be name brands that Amazon and these big online shops whore out for prices so low the profit is like $5 at the most. I found a good local company but I figure there are tons of out of state company's that only distribute to stores and can't be whored out online. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate a PM. Thanks

Its a TOUGH business and the competition is fierce. Now most of the big retails Walmart,Sams,Costco carry supplements at cut throat prices. I'm not trying to discourage you at all because it can be done and you can succeed. You just have a lot of homework to do finding exactly what items move and what doesn't. Also are your primarily speaking of general supps or more like bodybuilding/athletic performance products? Good luck to you on your endeavor my friend.

carry john meadows new line...and his best bar ever. Those things sell like hot cakes and they work

Business is changing and online retailers are winning, look at GNC, almost $500 million in losses last quarter.

I know a few people that own local supp stores and it's gonna be tough. You need something like fresh smoothies/juices to bring the people in but most would rather order on Amazon with a few clicks

Most Grocery stores in my are also have a supp section and have most of the top sellers at lowest possible prices. There is really no reason to go to a stand alone supp store

Last edited:
Its a TOUGH business and the competition is fierce. Now most of the big retails Walmart,Sams,Costco carry supplements at cut throat prices. I'm not trying to discourage you at all because it can be done and you can succeed. You just have a lot of homework to do finding exactly what items move and what doesn't. Also are your primarily speaking of general supps or more like bodybuilding/athletic performance products? Good luck to you on your endeavor my friend.

I know some that opened up GNC franchise stores and most of those are out of business now. Heck, the internet sales business is putting all kinds of retailers out of business. HH Gregg just filed for bankruptcy and I don't doubt if Best Buy will follow. Internet sellers don't have near the overhead that you will and that is just one reason they can sell so cheap. Most people these days are very cost conscious.

in toronto, local supplement stores are doing well, one had only one or two stores 3 years ago, he has like 5 now or 7 different cities around Toronto. Has a price guarantee that his prices will always be cheaper. If you show him a lower price he will beat it

in toronto, local supplement stores are doing well, one had only one or two stores 3 years ago, he has like 5 now or 7 different cities around Toronto. Has a price guarantee that his prices will always be cheaper. If you show him a lower price he will beat it

I don't see how he can compete pricewise with online sellers. If he did that, at time you would think he would make $0 or even lose some over the course of business. No place here in the States is able to pull that off as far as I know. I wonder how he does it.

Brick and mortar supplement stores will not exist long term.

It's disgusting out these places like Walmart and Amazon make it impossible for mom-and-pop shops to make it. There are a few companies I'm working with that only distribute to stores and they actually do pretty well so I don't see how they could go out of business. What I'm trying to do is find more companies like that so I don't have to just carry two brands in my store. The store is going to be like your every day basic nutrition store but I'm going to do customized diets which most stores don't. It's not going to be geared towards bodybuilding at all since that is such a low percentage but I'm going to carry all the necessary products as well as all the gluten-free and organic shit. Going to do things like customized plans for overweight children, autistic kids, etc. so it's going to be different than your average store and I'm located in an area where there is a lot of money with a lot of stay at home moms who will be a big part of the base. Plus it's a small town so I don't need to do a ton of marketing everybody knows when something new pops up. I'm glad I did not buy a franchise.

Anyone know if it's legal to purchase products from companies like bulk supplements and just re-label them with custom labels?

First off, I love seeing people follow their passion and don't want to deter an idea.

Second off, do not open a brick and mortar supplement store. Or a brick and mortar store in general.

I work in digital marketing, eCommerce and SEO and constantly have to keep up on industry news and trends. The moves that Amazon are making alone, will do away with brick and mortar stores alone. Not to mention what Google, Microsoft and Apple are doing either.

If anything can be done most cost effectively online, it'll only be a matter of time before it completely takes over. TV, brick and mortar stores, grocery stores, are all hemorrhaging money.

IF you are set on doing it, you would be better off creating a "boutique" type store, a place that creates an experience that'll make people want to come to you for their business because that cannot be replicated online. Trying to beat prices will not work because no company can compete with online prices.

Yea man your gonna have to add some sort of "draw". Smoothies was a good idea. Chicks love tropical smoothie. Have a smoothie place for hardcore guys. One that adds whey isolate, HBCDs, creatine, anavar.....lol

For some reason my local supersupplements store is beating a lot of online prices?! I was shocked when I head to go there once because I procrastinated on ordering something. And they say they'll match online prices... years ago they were so expensive.

What about carrying supps from let's say Canada? I remember when I first went into a nutrition store I looked up to the guy behind the counter so much I bought everything he told me to. I know people that literally buy everything I tell them so that's the reason why I think the store will do decent. I just don't want to carry products where the customers buy them after my advice and then go online and can find the exact same thing for cheaper.

It's disgusting out these places like Walmart and Amazon make it impossible for mom-and-pop shops to make it. There are a few companies I'm working with that only distribute to stores and they actually do pretty well so I don't see how they could go out of business. What I'm trying to do is find more companies like that so I don't have to just carry two brands in my store. The store is going to be like your every day basic nutrition store but I'm going to do customized diets which most stores don't. It's not going to be geared towards bodybuilding at all since that is such a low percentage but I'm going to carry all the necessary products as well as all the gluten-free and organic shit. Going to do things like customized plans for overweight children, autistic kids, etc. so it's going to be different than your average store and I'm located in an area where there is a lot of money with a lot of stay at home moms who will be a big part of the base. Plus it's a small town so I don't need to do a ton of marketing everybody knows when something new pops up. I'm glad I did not buy a franchise.

Now that sounds like you have a good plan. I like the sounds of that. You will have to offer much more than just supplements. The diet plans and gluten free foods are a great idea. Youll have to figure out the best way to advertise in your area. Little local papers help and are cheap to do. Internet etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity