over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sups that help with adrenal Fatigue and cortisol levels

Ashwagandha is a superstar. KSM-66 for daytime & performance..Sensoril for nighttime and relaxation IMO.

Gunsmith, you are going to have to pay attention to your health and rest as well to really re-set. As far as phosphatidylserine, you need 600-800mg I believe. Jarrow has a product and MPA has Cortisolve.
I am going to take a look at Ashwagandha it seems exactly what I need.

For Sensoril, I have used Doctor's Best. It is a bit less common/harder to find.

As far as phosphatidylserine, you need 600-800mg I believe. Jarrow has a product and MPA has Cortisolve.

Is the plant derived PS even shown to reduce cortisol? I seem to remember that it was only shown with bovine PS.
Lots of people report "stress reduction" but it might have to do with other neural mechanisms.

Is the plant derived PS even shown to reduce cortisol? I seem to remember that it was only shown with bovine PS.
Lots of people report "stress reduction" but it might have to do with other neural mechanisms.

From Examine:

"the reduction in cortisol seen with bovine cortex PS injections[5] and oral supplementation[21] does not appear to occur with soy lecithin based PS when orally supplemented.[22][22]"

"Using cortisol as a biomarker, stress levels during cognitive testing appear to be unaffected despite improvement in performance[22]"

"Phosphatidylserine derived from the bovine cortex appears to reduce cortisol in high concentrations, there is no evidence to support the role of soy based phosphatidylserine in this role and evidence to actively disprove an ability of PS to suppress cortisol or ACTH"

Ashwagandha is very good stuff.

If your symptoms are fatigue and listlessness often associated with said conditions, I'd recommend trying D-ribose. It's the only thing that makes a tangible difference when my ass is dragging and caffeine has lost its effect.

Sensorill is amazing. And for sleep, CBD 50mg with 2-3mg THC (if it’s legal in your state)

Rhidolia was too stimulating for me, felt anxious. Also try to get 1-2g Vit C in through the day. Away from workouts

Ashwagandha is very good stuff.

If your symptoms are fatigue and listlessness often associated with said conditions, I'd recommend trying D-ribose. It's the only thing that makes a tangible difference when my ass is dragging and caffeine has lost its effect.

How much ribose do you take for energy purposes?

How much ribose do you take for energy purposes?

5g twice daily. Once mid-morning and once in my intra (consumed 6-7:30~PM)

Obviously rest and not over training are the biggest factors but for someone who's work schedule has them doing 12hr physical labor a day then an hour and a half commute to and from work only allowing 5-6 hrs sleep a day is there anything we can take to help combat the adrenal stress and cortisol levels.

Why are you diagnosing yourself with this? What are your symptoms? What do your labs show? Adrenals don't become fatigued, but the symptoms are debilitating and finding the root cause is the key here. Impaired mitochondria is often a big factor in fatigue. Sub optimal thyroid is usually the most common thing people confuse with adrenal fatigue.

Simple rest isn't going to be enough unfortunately.

Obviously rest and not over training are the biggest factors but for someone who's work schedule has them doing 12hr physical labor a day then an hour and a half commute to and from work only allowing 5-6 hrs sleep a day is there anything we can take to help combat the adrenal stress and cortisol levels.

I'm in the exact same boat here but I'm only getting 3-4 hours a night if that , working 12+ hours a day and driving at least 2 hours daily.
Like I posted in another thread I feel old and worn out even tho I just turned 35.
I tried the no stims / caffeine thing for a few days but felt like a zombie. I turned down my workout frequency and intensity and it's helped some.
I climb poles all day And work with live wires so I need to be focused and energetic. I always resort back to caffeine/stims.

I'm going to try everything mentioned here and hope it helps.

For Sensoril, I have used Doctor's Best. It is a bit less common/harder to find.
Ashwagandha is a superstar. KSM-66 for daytime & performance..Sensoril for nighttime and relaxation IMO.

Gunsmith, you are going to have to pay attention to your health and rest as well to really re-set. As far as phosphatidylserine, you need 600-800mg I believe. Jarrow has a product and MPA has Cortisolve.

I primarily use the exact same formula. Sensoril is fantastic. I don’t notice anything in KSM.

I primarily use the exact same formula. Sensoril is fantastic. I don’t notice anything in KSM.
I'm on my last try with KSM. I don't really get anything from it. Sensoril works well and I feel like I have miles to go as far as upping the dosage and hopefully increasing/adding benefits.

Sensoril is cheap too. I think it’s a great supplement.

Ashwagandha and Rhodiola were a staple for me in the 12+ years I was on the grave yard shift and dealing with a continuous case of jet lag.

It’s supposed to do everything under the sun, but doesn’t.
What I find interesting is the fact that for as many documented peer-reviewed published studies and or claims people have for it's health benefits there are just as many people who have anecdotal proof that refute said claims.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear