over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Survival

Johnny Ringo

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Any suggested reads on Survival tactics. Prepping, Bug out Bags etc. looking to build a base knowledge on this subject and must have equipment/Supplies

It's funny, "they" say we need our guns in case we have to overthrow a tyrannical government, however all the good books on guerrilla warfare, survival tactics, and the kinds of things we'd actually need in a real situations like that are either banned or sure to send red flags if purchased or checked out. I'm not talking about just "outdoor survival" books. I wouldn't even feel comfortable mentioning the names of some of these books, and I don't think that is even paranoid...

The "Best"...

John Wesley, Rawles

SurvivalBlog.com

I'm JUST getting into all this... putting together a bug-out-bag and and emergency supplies for a couple months... b/c you just never know, and with a family, I think it's irresponsible not to... glad I caught on to this before something has happened.

I dont blame you guys for getting all of this sort of stuff planned. Im no conspiracy theorist but Ive been intrigued by some stuff I have been researching on the net lately. Whether it is true or not, they put forward a good case and reason to be prepared for serious dramas.

Just started to "get ready" my self, Simi auto shotgun. (Don't get A rifle that amino will be scarce) machete, water purifier. First aid, antibiotics.... But learn more than buy, go camping learn to live off land. Hunt fish gather. Learn hand to hand combat.

Oh man Ringo are you sure you haven't fallen off the deep end? Maybe smoked some hash and watched doomsday preppers? Are you planning on building a bunker?

Not really that crazy to be prepared for certain scenarios. If there is a huge natural catastrophe such as a major earthquake or flooding that restricts the flow of truck traffic your local supermarket shelves will be bare in 3 days. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the U.S. economy could collapse leading to major shutdowns of food and water supplies. Chaos would indeed follow.

Remember K.I.S.S. , look at what you are wanting to survive.

A kit desgined to survive being dropped off in the woods will be totaly different than a kit desgined to stay home and ride out a hurricane and that kit will be differant than somthing setup for social breakdown.

Must have for ANY kit are 60 days worth of your maintenance meds , some benadryl , aspirin , some steril gause 4x4's , bandades , 2" ace wrap , rold of medical tape , water purification tabs , water proof matches , a good flashlight extra batterys , a good knife a bit of paracord , half a role of duct tape , quality compass , 2-3 foil emergency blankets. All of this can easly be kept in a small back pack and one could/should be in every car you drive , at home , at the office and any place else you spend any amout of time.

After that the rest of your pack will be very mission specific. In any case a small handgun in 22 lr is a great choice , a Browning buckmark or Ruger MK-II , both are accurate , quite and you can keep a couple hundred rounds in your pocket. You can defend yourself or hunt with these.

Next would be a defense weapon , my personal bug out bag has a Glock 19 and a spare mag loaded with 115g Cor-Bon +p ammo.

Of course you want to have all your important documents like SS cards , pasports , insurance papers and as much cash in smaller bills as you can afford to put away.

Gunsmith,
I fucking love all your posts about this shit. I think I missed what you do for a living but clearly you know a ton about weapons, ammo, survival, hunting, etc.

Would absolutely love for you to have a thread where you break some of this stuff down shotgun style like that last post.

Weapons everyone should have at a minimum, best ammo for what purposes etc.

I was Hoping GS would post up some info.. Great Info.. Tks for all the input so far from Everyone.

Gunsmith,
I fucking love all your posts about this shit. I think I missed what you do for a living but clearly you know a ton about weapons, ammo, survival, hunting, etc.

Would absolutely love for you to have a thread where you break some of this stuff down shotgun style like that last post.

Weapons everyone should have at a minimum, best ammo for what purposes etc.

:yeahthat: Man Knows his Shit.. I trust what he says.

**broken link removed**

JR,

This site has all the information you could ever want.

But I am personally much more concerned about my cholesterol.

My neighbor, who is a good guy, is prepared for 3 Armageddons. Each time we lose power I get out my Colt Pre-ban .223 and get ready to "Pop" him and take his stuff.

Every one does say you need a 22. I know the 10-22 is wildly popular for a BUG. I'm gunned up pretty well. No 22 tho.

Only the paranoid survive,

TC

Remember K.I.S.S. , look at what you are wanting to survive.

A kit desgined to survive being dropped off in the woods will be totaly different than a kit desgined to stay home and ride out a hurricane and that kit will be differant than somthing setup for social breakdown.

Must have for ANY kit are 60 days worth of your maintenance meds , some benadryl , aspirin , some steril gause 4x4's , bandades , 2" ace wrap , rold of medical tape , water purification tabs , water proof matches , a good flashlight extra batterys , a good knife a bit of paracord , half a role of duct tape , quality compass , 2-3 foil emergency blankets. All of this can easly be kept in a small back pack and one could/should be in every car you drive , at home , at the office and any place else you spend any amout of time.

After that the rest of your pack will be very mission specific. In any case a small handgun in 22 lr is a great choice , a Browning buckmark or Ruger MK-II , both are accurate , quite and you can keep a couple hundred rounds in your pocket. You can defend yourself or hunt with these.

Next would be a defense weapon , my personal bug out bag has a Glock 19 and a spare mag loaded with 115g Cor-Bon +p ammo.

Of course you want to have all your important documents like SS cards , pasports , insurance papers and as much cash in smaller bills as you can afford to put away.

Great advice GS. In fact, I printed it out lol

Please shed any more light on these things as you think of them

For general survival people need to realize and remember the rule of three , three minutes without air , three days without water and three weeks without food. DOn't panic and think you are gonna starve to death in a couple days

90% of your problem when surviving is exposure , you will die from hyperthermia (heat) or hypothermia(cold) or dehydration far before sombody or somthing kills you. If you water supply is limited you don't want to be eating alot because it takes water to digest food , also if its hot try not to move around alot in the heat wait till its cooler in the evening BUT in tropical climates this can backfire because the temperature doesn't drop much but the humidity rises causing you to over heat and dehydrate faster!! as well as drinking bad water and making you sick , throwing up or the shits will run you down to the point of death in just hrs if you can't rehydrate.
Little things like bug bites from ant and ticks can get you in deep shit fast also hence the benedryle bees can kill you if you are allergic (an epi pin is even better) as well as trying to keep dry , especialy your feet , wet feet can quickly become infected from small sores and things will go south very very fast from their.
Making shelter should be your first priority then fire , with fire you can boil water from ponds or streams and to cook. good waterproof matches are a must have , the last thing you wanna do it try to make fire rubbing sticks together!! a magnisium fire starting kits is a good investment. In either case matches or magnesium get yourself a couple 000-0000 steel wool pads and collect your dryer lint for a few weeks. Dryer lint burns exteamly fast and the steel wool burns very hot , so you pull some steel wool off and twist it together with some dryer lint and use that an kindling , its easy to light and burns hot to help ignite your smaller stick and leaves. Its also improteant to pay attention to wind direction when making your fire , you DO NOT want your shelter down wind of the fire , the smoke can cause breaking issues when sleeping and if an ember gets into your sack you could end up with nasty burns because most fiber and material used now days is synthetic and will burn fast and hot!!

Depending on your situation you may want your fire small and hidden to prevent being found , in this case it may be called for yo have the fire IN your shelter and then of course you need to take precaustions for burns their as well. You need to remember in an area when ytheir is no power or artificail light a small fire can be seen for miles at night and the smoke for even farther.

Their are alot of variables in survival situations , the biggest factor in any of them though is keeping yourself healthy is the first main factor , is you are unhealthy you abilities are greatly diminished and things will only go south from their.

Keep that Mind thinking and Sharing GS.. This information could save someone reading this their and loved one's life.. I for one appreciate it.

For general survival people need to realize and remember the rule of three , three minutes without air , three days without water and three weeks without food. DOn't panic and think you are gonna starve to death in a couple days

I have a friend who was in the special forces and completed several survival training courses, one of which is the toughest in the country. He says immediately solving the food issue is the most important factor, as you will not die immediately, but you will become too weak to do anything within days. Teaching this point was actually the entire purpose of one of his two week survival courses.

I'll be buying my first gun in the next couple of weeks. Everything I've read says the 22lr is a very unreliable bullet for killing people/zombies. Anyways I'll be picking up a glock 19 if they have them in stock as for what caliber I'm not sure whats best? As for foods to stockpile what is best?

Last edited:
I'll be buying my first gun in the next couple of weeks. Everything I've read says the 22lr is a very unreliable bullet for killing people/zombies. Anyways I'll be picking up a glock 19 if they have them in stock as for what caliber I'm not sure whats best? As for foods to stockpile what is best?

Hmmm, interesting as I was shot point blank with a 12g and not only did I live, I kept my leg (where I was shot). Meanwhile, a guy next to me in the trauma center died from a .22

A well placed bullet can and will kill you

I have a friend who was in the special forces and completed several survival training courses, one of which is the toughest in the country. He says immediately solving the food issue is the most important factor, as you will not die immediately, but you will become too weak to do anything within days. Teaching this point was actually the entire purpose of one of his two week survival courses.

I think it depends alot on what you are doing , as a tactical operator thats highly active i can see you getting run down to the point where your duties would be effected from low calories , but without clean water food will do you no good and even make matters worse causing the speed up of deyhdration

Again your survival needs will vary greatly depending on why and where you are.

I do know that if you are wet and its cold and you don't have shelter then the chances of you waking up in the morning are slim , even in 40-50 degree temps you will get hypothermic quickly and a light breeze will magnify this greatly.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws