over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sweating in the gym!

diskey

Registered
I'm starting to realise I have a pretty major problem. I'm sweating like **** in the gym. This pretty much started when i started taking roids in general, but I feel it has become more and more in the present past time.

I mean when I'm finished with a 45min workout all my clothes are wet, including pants and all. I use a towel when I train, and after every set I have to wipe sweat of from my face, this towel too is soak wet when I'm finished. I'm using lots of deodorant but I sweat so much that it stinks after a while in the gym anyway. The gym were I train is pretty ventilated and other people seldom sweat very much there, so that isn't the problem.

Is there something I could take to lower this problem or any tips in general to sweating? hope somebody can help me out here, this is not fun :( ...

Last edited:
Man, if there's a way to fix this problem, I'd love to know too. I have to sit on a towel while I'm at home because I soak the furniture with butt sweat (that really turns on my fiancee :D ). In Texas it is HOT. When I leave the house, in the time it takes to get from the house to the car, I'm soaked. It sucks BAD. When I take a shower, I stand there and sweat the whole time, then when I get out I'm soaked in sweat once again. I'm sick of this shit. I hate Summer.

Hey i live in the fucking Dessert , its called AIRCONDITIONING , my shit is set at 63 degrees icy cold just how i like it.

Sounds like you are doing what alot people at the gym dont do, Work out. Nothing you can do bro. just keep at it.

Well bigboyj we have the same problem, a case of "swamp ass!" I hate going to places w/ boothes or leather seats b/c I get up and my ass is imprinted on the seat in water! i do like sweating in the gym. Nothing like sweating and knowing your are busting your ass man. If anyone finds a cure let me know!

TH

Haha, good ol' swamp ass, nothing like it.

Vander, air conditioning? How does it work? Is it easy to get through customs? I wish I thought of that. ;)

Bah, if Vander is feeling hot in that dry arizona heat, hed die in the armpit of the world... Houston Texas

Jarconis said:
Bah, if Vander is feeling hot in that dry arizona heat, hed die in the armpit of the world... Houston Texas

Exactly. Those desert boys don't know about humidity.

Mate, when I'm on I look like there is a rain cloud pouring incessantly right over my head. I can take a shirt off and literally wring it out when I get outside - and I bloody FREEZE if I'm doing that in winter! lol

Nuttin to worry about, keep on training hard. IronMike

ahh humidity huh

I sweat in AC and the midwest knows all about humidity, the summers here are not what I call fat kid friendly. There is nothing like taking a shower then going somewhere and sweating through al your clothes and eveyone else looking a you like you are a lil bobo from the movie nothing but trouble (chevy chase/dan akroyd
gooey

swamp ass

Trulyhuge said:
Well bigboyj we have the same problem, a case of "swamp ass!" I hate going to places w/ boothes or leather seats b/c I get up and my ass is imprinted on the seat in water! i do like sweating in the gym. Nothing like sweating and knowing your are busting your ass man. If anyone finds a cure let me know!

TH

HAHAHA... "swamp ass" good one
yea.. those restaraunts with the fuckin' vinyl seats.... are killer !

Gooey, another fellow Midwest summer survivor! Summers suck ass here huh man!

TH

about the shower thing....often after I've showered after a workout, I start sweating again while I'm drying myself with the towel. I mean pros who take large amounts of roids most have a seriously problem with sweating when working out? isn't there anything to stop this awfull over-sweating thing ?
I mean there can't be neccesarry for the body to produce such large amounts of sweat when one works out...

Only tips I have so far is using Nike dry-fit cloths, they tend to keep you more dry.

It sounds kind of stupid to have to turn down the intensity of workouts, but I'm starting to think I have to do this, because the sweating is awfull....

Diskey

Increased sweating is a normal adaptation to exercise training. The more trained you are, the more you sweat (greater rate, lower threshhold for sweating, etc.)

The dry-fit / breathable clothing is a good idea, as well as wearing lighter and less clothing. (Below is your physiololgical rationale for wearing a tank in the gym... ;) )

Normally, there is local inhibition of sweating at the sweat gland when it / the skin is moist: the purpose of sweating is to lose heat via evaporation and this is not effective when the water is just dropping off you / you're soaked w/ sweat. The sweat gland "knows" this and respond accordingly, but only to a certain degree and men are worse at this than women - that's why we sweat and they "mist." LOL If you expose the skin (or wear dry-fit / breathable clothes), you get better evaporation, cooler body temp, less sweating and less swamp ass.

ALSO, a nifty adaptation (acclimatization) is to sweat where the body is exposed (and the sweat furthers heat dissipation b/c it can evaporate). Take for instance someone who has become a trained hiker in the heat: the first time they put on 2 pairs of thick socks and a pair of boots and hike around in 100? weather, their feet sweat like crazy. As their body acclimatizes to activity the hot environment, it somehow learns to shut down the sweat glands on the feet (relatively) b/c they are not helping keep the body warm.

The point of the above is that if you're wearing long pants and a short sleeve shirt, you're not giving your body:
1.) A good way to evaporate sweat, keep you less sweaty and keep you cooler so don't sweat as much
2.) Options to figure out where on the skin is the best place to sweat, as they skin stays moist nearly all the time since you're wearing lots of clothes. (You only said "pants" so I don't know if this applies to you.)

Hope this helps. When in doubt, just train nekked - no one will really notice how sweaty you are. ;)

-Randy

thx for good opinions Randy :)

about the adaption thing....it seems like after I started having a towel with me to the gym, it sort of feels like the body "knows" that I have this towel and therefore sweat even more than before, -hehe sound strange but.

Maybe I should try wearing a loose fitting cotton shorts and a some dry fit t-shirt....also maybe cut my hair short again.

Seems like we officialy have a new word now guys. The frigthening "swamp ass" :D

diskey said:
I'm starting to realise I have a pretty major problem. I'm sweating like **** in the gym. This pretty much started when i started taking roids in general, but I feel it has become more and more in the present past time.

I mean when I'm finished with a 45min workout all my clothes are wet, including pants and all. I use a towel when I train, and after every set I have to wipe sweat of from my face, this towel too is soak wet when I'm finished. I'm using lots of deodorant but I sweat so much that it stinks after a while in the gym anyway. The gym were I train is pretty ventilated and other people seldom sweat very much there, so that isn't the problem.

Is there something I could take to lower this problem or any tips in general to sweating? hope somebody can help me out here, this is not fun :( ...

you dont happen to go to golds gym in lynbrook, NY do ya.. there was a sweaty smelly guy there we used to call "piss pits" cuz he smelled so much like the bathroom at penn station...

i sweat and smell more on the juice as well..

diskey said:
thx for good opinions Randy :)

about the adaption thing....it seems like after I started having a towel with me to the gym, it sort of feels like the body "knows" that I have this towel and therefore sweat even more than before, -hehe sound strange but.

Maybe I should try wearing a loose fitting cotton shorts and a some dry fit t-shirt....also maybe cut my hair short again.

Seems like we officialy have a new word now guys. The frigthening "swamp ass" :D

Each time you wipe away the sweat, the inhibition of the sweat glands is removed and you sweat more there...

FYI, swamp crotch is the natural result of swamp ass...

-R

G.E.R.M said:
you dont happen to go to golds gym in lynbrook, NY do ya.. there was a sweaty smelly guy there we used to call "piss pits" cuz he smelled so much like the bathroom at penn station...

i sweat and smell more on the juice as well..

well no, I live in Norway :cool:

ammonia

damn, I've figured out that I have really bad ammonia smell from my sweat now.

After a heavy leg workout today, in the locker-room I took of my usual soak wet t-shirt and it smelled pure ammonia. Very strong too, I actually had to pack down the shirt at once in my bag because it smelled so intense. It's not that bad smell really it's just a very intense amonnia smell.

I can't understand why I have this. I've heard this smell is typical when your dieting hard in genral and when the body use protein/muscle for fuel. Well I've been bulking up for the past month, I eat lots of carbs, around 30%prot, 50%carb and 20% fat. I also drink lots of water, I allways carry a water bottle with me. What the hack could cause the ammonia smell then?

only gear I use now is 600mg susta ew..

My sweat is pretty strong smelling as well. I was told it was due to the AAS? it seems to make some sense b/c I never smelled like this before using. It may be genetic as well but I don't know!

TH

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner