over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sweeteners without Gastro issues

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It seems like every artificial sweetener has a tendency to cause stomach issues. I'm surprised how many people have issues with crystal light.
Are there any drink mixes without potential gastro issues

I don't know about drink mixes, as in powder mixtures. Mio doesn't seem to give me issues but I use very little. I also don't have an issue with truvia. Again, very limited quantities in what I mix it with.

Mio works for me as well. And it only takes a very small amount.

I don't know hardly anybody who has any issues, both in real life and at the clinics I work at, and even at some other forums. Not saying they may not effect some people (not calling you a liar for your own self), but I see some people become a bunch of hypochondriacs when eating things. Don't get offended if you are one of the one's who does have issues, just stating my own experience.

Nobody is going to be able to predict how somebody is going to react to what they put in their mouth, you are probably just going to have to do some trial and error on your own and do what works best for you own digestive needs.

I would venture to guess that the issues related to crystal light have nothing to do with the sweetener and instead to do with how incredibly acidic it is. If you drink that all day every day.. I could see that causing problems. Didn't give me stomach issues but sure as hell caused some major gum problems. IMO... sucralose is a great sweetner without gastro sides.

I would venture to guess that the issues related to crystal light have nothing to do with the sweetener and instead to do with how incredibly acidic it is. If you drink that all day every day.. I could see that causing problems. Didn't give me stomach issues but sure as hell caused some major gum problems. IMO... sucralose is a great sweetner without gastro sides.

Was thinking acidity as well.
But I was reading some surprising things on artificial sweeteners.

I'm trying to drink an extra two quarts of water a day. This is a struggle without sweetener.. :(

Was thinking acidity as well.
But I was reading some surprising things on artificial sweeteners.

I'm trying to drink an extra two quarts of water a day. This is a struggle without sweetener.. :(

Get some really hot hot sauce... helps me get extra water in... but then you might be back at square one again if you have a sensitive stomach ha

This may sound odd....but I put fresh mint leaf in my water container.

Tear the leaves up....fill with cold water....then screw the top on that is one of the pop-up tops that will keep the leaves in the bottle.

An added benefit is that drinking this between meals actually seems to make digestion easier on my stomach with all the food I'm eating.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Really, sweetners like Splenda, stevia, truvia, (sugar substitutes) should cause very little problems. It's the sugar-alcohols that cause most of the GI problems. These are things like sorbitol, mannitol, isomalt, lactitol, etc. Most of these are found in things like sugar-free candy, syrups, and stuff like that.

As mentioned before, if you are having a problem with some something that has a sugar substitute, there's probably something else in there causing the issue. For Crystal Light, I really have to dilute that stuff down or it is cloyingly sweet for me.

Last edited:
If youre just looking for a sweetener to make drinking water easier.....just put a couple tablespoons of liquid glycerol in a gallon jug of water along with the juice of a lemon or two and throw the rinds in as well. Super refreshing and tastes like lemonade

I had similar issues and found that if you still insist on using CL if you reduce the amount utilized as rcorchid indicated problems subside i still is CL but use a quarter tub for a gallon but like HeavyHitter’s mix a lot

last year when i was dieting for my show so 9 weeks out i got a blockage in my intestinals that was the worst pain ever and the doctors just told me that i have a stress stomach so i had to go 3 times to the hospital before they belived even if my stomach was swollen as fuck so they had to cut me open 20cm scar and i had 2 liters of shit that was blocking my intestinal from gas and food i had to skip the show ofcours and and all that started from to much chewing gum and coca cola zero i hadd 2 times before swollen stomach from to much chewing gum and coca cola but those times it went away but last year it did not go away so be careful with to much sweetners and im totally okej now will do my next show next year :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws