over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Switching from Arimidex to Nolvadex

T swol

Registered
Newbies
Currently on .5 arimidex eod. What’s a equivalent dose for Nolvadex? How often?
Arimidex is drying out my joints and my cholesterol is a little high also not really helping nip sensitivity.
I haven’t taken Nolvadex in 20yrs but it use to be the go to back in the day.
I run 100mg of cyp and 20mg mast e eod.
I plan to get the gyno removed but it’s not going to happen this year.
Looking for feedback.

I'd start with 10mg ED after a week, more if needed. Try EOD if everything is good. The more you take the higher your triglycerides and chances of a blood clot. I find Adex useless but aromastin for low doses of test and letro for higher doses work well.

I usually prefer Nolva but with "what's going on right now" it makes me a little nervous because of the clotting issue.

2 options I would recommend would be to drop your Adex dosage or switch to Aromasin. What is your estradiol? Dry joints would be an issue from low estradiol not necessarily the Arimidex itself.

Also, are you using Pharma grade Adex? I do not trust UGL or research chems ancillaries as far as dosing.

Arimidex and Nolvadex are an apple and an orange - there's not really sense in trying to equate an 'equivalent' dose. One is an aromatase inhibitor and the other is a SERM.

Arimadex 1mg = Aromasin 25mg more or less (so .5mg is similar to 12.5mg and so on)

I also would avoid Nolvadex due to clotting especially these days.

Lower the Arimidex dosage. While AI dosing is different person to person, try dropping it down to 0.25mg EOD, or even EOOD or 2x/wk.

Just reread your post though, and you mentioned it is not helping your nipple sensitivity. It will not be equivalent, but 10mg/d Nolva may possibly be an alternative (not replacement). It's hard to say. There was a member on here years back, alpha6164, who was also an MD, and he mentioned that raloxifene (or maybe it was toremifene) was a better option than Nolva, mainly a safer compound to use through what he had seen. Throwing that out there as an option. That post is probably in a search, I know i asked him a few questions on it, to get his thoughts. That may be like 8-10 years back now.....doh!

I usually prefer Nolva but with "what's going on right now" it makes me a little nervous because of the clotting issue.

2 options I would recommend would be to drop your Adex dosage or switch to Aromasin. What is your estradiol? Dry joints would be an issue from low estradiol not necessarily the Arimidex itself.

Also, are you using Pharma grade Adex? I do not trust UGL or research chems ancillaries as far as dosing.
I go for Trt labs in December l. Adex is pharm

Arimidex and Nolvadex are an apple and an orange - there's not really sense in trying to equate an 'equivalent' dose. One is an aromatase inhibitor and the other is a SERM.

Arimadex 1mg = Aromasin 25mg more or less (so .5mg is similar to 12.5mg and so on)

I also would avoid Nolvadex due to clotting especially these days.
Thanks Knight! I also have some Aromasin on hand.

Lower the Arimidex dosage. While AI dosing is different person to person, try dropping it down to 0.25mg EOD, or even EOOD or 2x/wk.

Just reread your post though, and you mentioned it is not helping your nipple sensitivity. It will not be equivalent, but 10mg/d Nolva may possibly be an alternative (not replacement). It's hard to say. There was a member on here years back, alpha6164, who was also an MD, and he mentioned that raloxifene (or maybe it was toremifene) was a better option than Nolva, mainly a safer compound to use through what he had seen. Throwing that out there as an option. That post is probably in a search, I know i asked him a few questions on it, to get his thoughts. That may be like 8-10 years back now.....doh!
I’ve tried lowering the adex but my nips get real sensitive

I think people take to much nolvadex which promotes the negative effects. It has a long half life often on trt you may only need 20-40 mg per week. Due to the long half and frequent as well as high dosing dosing I believe the clotting then becomes a much greater issue

Currently on .5 arimidex eod. What’s a equivalent dose for Nolvadex? How often?
Arimidex is drying out my joints and my cholesterol is a little high also not really helping nip sensitivity.
I haven’t taken Nolvadex in 20yrs but it use to be the go to back in the day.
I run 100mg of cyp and 20mg mast e eod.
I plan to get the gyno removed but it’s not going to happen this year.
Looking for feedback.
Source Raloxifene.... it's a bomb for gyno, 60mg ed and you are done.

I searched for the posts from my friend alpha6164 on here, but could not find them. Some of his stuff got erased when there was some controversy in the past and maybe even was lost in the changeover of the forums. He was also Dr. G on a popular sponsor thread. I miss all of those posts!

And what I forgot to add to the above post is has anyone seen any research or conclusion that the clotting issue is not present with Raloxifene? I always liked nolva but stopped using it 3-4yrs ago due to the clotting issue mentioned. I rarely used it but swore it off completely back then.

And what I forgot to add to the above post is has anyone seen any research or conclusion that the clotting issue is not present with Raloxifene? I always liked nolva but stopped using it 3-4yrs ago due to the clotting issue mentioned. I rarely used it but swore it off completely back then.

Clotting is an issue with all SERMs if you like using them. Find one that you can use the least amount. I used to use a low dose of clomid or novla since my body doesn't tolerate HGC as well. But not worth it, for estrogen control an AI is safer.

I talked to a gentlemen who was a sales rep for Nolvadex and then Evista. I asked him what the main side effects were and he stated blood clots were always their main concern and that applied EQUALLY to both drugs. Often times the "lack of sides" with the new medication is more a case of lack of as much data than it is lack of sides. All one has to do is look at the newest class of antipsychotics and their claims of "lower risk of tardive dyskinesia" well no shit a side that takes YEARS and YEARS of use often times decades to manifest shows up less in your less than a decade old med? No shit sherlock. By the time the truth comes out, if it does at all, the original players are long gone.

TLDR: Treat clotting risk with ralox as you would with tamox.

How long have you had the sensitivity?
I definitely have gyno already but not that noticeable. Only this year it’s flared up even more when I increased test up from 200mg a week. I’ve had it for years now and plan to get it removed hopefully sooner than later

I definitely have gyno already but not that noticeable. Only this year it’s flared up even more when I increased test up from 200mg a week. I’ve had it for years now and plan to get it removed hopefully sooner than later

10mg nolva ED for 1-2 weeks will back it down. Up your AI to 3x a week and you should be good. I still keep it around for flare ups.

Have you checked your bloodwork to see where your estrogen levels are actually at? As stated already achey joints is noticed when estrogen is tanked. A-dex will definitely tank your estrogen levels after prolonged use. Personally I’d check my serum levels before throwing anutha drug at it. Especially Nolvadex; RIP Mountaindog

Cage

Have you checked your bloodwork to see where your estrogen levels are actually at? As stated already achey joints is noticed when estrogen is tanked. A-dex will definitely tank your estrogen levels after prolonged use. Personally I’d check my serum levels before throwing anutha drug at it. Especially Nolvadex; RIP Mountaindog

Cage
Got labs in mid dec for Trt.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear