over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Switching routines weekly

I like to change it as frequent as possible that way I have no idea what's working

I employ an exercise rotation as I've seen its validity from the teachings of Louie Simmons, Dante Trudel, Scott Stevenson, and Jordan Peters.

Maybe exercise order. That will confuse the shit out of them muscle.
switching exercise order will pre-exhaust different muscles which can stimulate some gains because alternate muscles will take a harder hit. Like for instance doing hamstring curls BEFORE squats. Nothing to do with "confusion" (which is a cognitive state lol). Just that you get used to having muscles exhausted in a certain order and you do the work with the same fatigue level allocated to different muscle groups. Switching it up can allocate more or less load to particular muscle group which can stimulate gains ime.

I think this idea of switching up routines is great, but to switch it up every week is well....retarded. We switch up routines when we PLATEAU. How would you know or could possibly be plateau'ed after 1 week? :)

My old training buddy used to say we were doing different moves every workout for muscle confusion. Turns out we were just doing whatever exercise was near the chick he was gym stalking.

Muscle confusion is going to the gym to train chest, then actually training back,....

Many different thoughts on this subject. Firstly there is no right/wrong answer when it comes to training. However I recommend a relatively fixed routine using movements that work for you. Allow yourself to progress with perfect form in those movements. So don't be changing everything just for the sake of it. However I also tend not to do the same workout again and again. Meaning I will do the same core exercises but I may swop about other movements to keep things fresh. But month after month I am trying to progress in the same basic movements such as barbell presses, leg press, rack pulls etc.

Doing the same 4 chest/back/leg/etc movements in the same order for 1 year straight is fine as well. As long as you are using good form and progressing in those movements. I wouldn't personally do that but it's fine. I like to rotate the order of things and use a variety of techniques but at the end of the day I always do the same basic movements that work for me. I also recommend playing about with rep ranges in those movements.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws