over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Switching routines

You know what I am doing tonight at the gym...Deadlifts - 1 heavy ass set, warmups, BRowing - 1 heavy ass set, 1 warmup, Hammer Row - 1 heavy ass set, 1 feel warmup set, Pull-ups till failure...and getting the fuck out of there!

I will beat my last weeks workout tonight!!!!

I think what people are missing is hitting a plateau has less to do with the exercises and rotation and more to do with diet/active rest periods/ hormones. if you constantly increase food intake because your adding lean mass, and hit a plateau, if you have done everything right the only way to get more growth is to increase hormones.

Also you have what i call a false plateau. thats the only way i can think of to describe it. after several weeks of steady gains i find that i stall out for a period of time, but if i keep plugging away and doing everything correctly eventually something gives way and the gains come again. It also seems to rotate itself, so if i stall on chest this week, maybe 3 weeks later ill stall on bi's. when everything stalls for an extended period of time thats what i consider a true plateau.

Tkav1980, I really like the way you summed up plateau. I too experience strength gains the same way. I think many people dont understand what a true plateau is, and the appropriate way on how to tackle it...

Yeah but how do you increase hormones when you're natural?

Add another rest day? Change your diet?

I think what he's reiterating is........at some point, after you've been doing everything right for a long time, there comes a day when you are DONE growing....ZMA and tribulus are not gonna get the job done.....so if you are hoping to grow significantly over those next months/years/decades, adding hormones is the only way

Seriously..

that is a good ? , another rest day, and maybe more protein, also take naps when you can, that helped me grow a lot when natural, but i would try MGs super test booster as well, I am telling you this stuff will raise your test levels !

if you are a natural fats are youre best friend in terms of increasing testosterone.

A question for Phil

Phil for big traps, do you feel that traps need to be worked by themselves or would all other exercises ie: Deadlifts, military presses, rows be sufficient?

if you are a natural fats are youre best friend in terms of increasing testosterone.

what is a natural fat? how much do you need to see an increase in test? what kind of increase could one expect? can you show me a study where this happens?

not a natural fat. But when you are natural you need fats in general. good fats that is. cholesterol / fats are essential for testosterone.

I see guys wanting to switch routines around every 3-4 months??? Man, it takes 10-20 years to build a physique that you really are proud of and switching around after 3 months.........UNLESS YOU ARE OVER TRAINING.........is silly. IF you are overtraining, then you should be on a DIFFERENT PROGRAM ALL TOGETHER.......train hard, heavy, recover, not overtrain, avoid injuries, compound movements.......why change? THe only thing that SHOULD CHANGE is the weights getting heavier and heavier....so do that. DOes that come with changing from bench presses to flies? From squats to extensions? No way.........dont fool yourself. IF you are stronger from not benching or squatting for a period, then you were overtraining......period.

Ronnie Coleman said that he has done the same routine ever since he started bodybuilding and the same exercises and the only thing that has changed is the weights being heavier!

well it basicaly comes down to this. you have a genetic limit to how much muscle you can carry at a given amount of hormones. Everyone is different in this. i might have 100 lbs of muscle tissue naturally, at the same height you may have 150 lbs. Diet, training, rest are tools to help you reach this maximum potential. when you reach it the ONLY thing you can do is increase hormones.

The simple answer is once you OPTOMIZE everything and your done growing, Thats it, no more, unless hormones are added.

You'll learn a lot about the benefits of dietary fat in this thread...

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...503-mountain-dog-diet-guiding-principles.html

thank you. I totally agree, and i love that thread. coconut oil, olive oil, and GF beef all day for me. It's just that ppl always talk about how it raises test, but I've never seen literature. its starting to seem like one of those things you believe just because you've heard it so many times. I don't disagree, it makes sense, but where did this fact originate from? So let's say you eat 150g's of fat daily. is it going to raise total 5 ng/dl.....50 ng/dl? does it take days? months?

thank you. I totally agree, and i love that thread. coconut oil, olive oil, and GF beef all day for me. It's just that ppl always talk about how it raises test, but I've never seen literature. its starting to seem like one of those things you believe just because you've heard it so many times. I don't disagree, it makes sense, but where did this fact originate from? So let's say you eat 150g's of fat daily. is it going to raise total 5 ng/dl.....50 ng/dl? does it take days? months?

look ill try and find you some articles. but here are some of the basics:

Testosterone is produced in the adrenals and testes. An important part of your testes are the leydigcells. In these leydigcells cholesterol is transferred into testosterone.
This cholesterol consists of cholesterol which is produced in the liver and attaches itself to a trygliceryde (fats you eat) and LDL/HDL part. after that it reaches your adrenals/testes and your body converts it partially into testosterone.

So eating healthy fats will increase your testosterone, as well as lowering your LDL which is also a good thing. Does it have the same impact as injecting 200mg of Testosterone? No ofcourse not. But all small steps help as a natural.

LOL I love when "confusing the muscle" pops out of trainers mouths.

Like during the set the muscle has it's own brain that is going "hmm... I see what you're doing there...."

Yes, I'm aware of healthy fats role in promoting testosterone. However, that is a dietary change.

What are other ways to restart growth?

look ill try and find you some articles. but here are some of the basics:

Testosterone is produced in the adrenals and testes. An important part of your testes are the leydigcells. In these leydigcells cholesterol is transferred into testosterone.
This cholesterol consists of cholesterol which is produced in the liver and attaches itself to a trygliceryde (fats you eat) and LDL/HDL part. after that it reaches your adrenals/testes and your body converts it partially into testosterone.

So eating healthy fats will increase your testosterone, as well as lowering your LDL which is also a good thing. Does it have the same impact as injecting 200mg of Testosterone? No ofcourse not. But all small steps help as a natural.

Thanks! I appreciate you trying to spell it out for me. I'd love some literature if you happen to stumble across it.

Yes, I'm aware of healthy fats role in promoting testosterone. However, that is a dietary change.

What are other ways to restart growth?

Drugs! are you asking hypothetically?......because you have not reached your potential, so you don't have to worry.....you've just begun!!!!

To me bodybuilding is an art-form it take SKILL to manipulate weights so that they transform your physique into something bigger, stronger, shapelier than mother nature intended. 25yrs trng and I'm still learning the dynamics of some exercises....if you are changing routines every 3/4 mos or even 3/4 yrs your slowing your progress. All exercises are not equal..... compound lifts should be the staple of all workouts until you're an advanced bodybuilder. Touche Mr. Hernon on point as usual

I follow the same principle's as Phil discussed. I write down each exercise and weights and reps. It changes with each workout as to what I do, but everytime I do an exercise I use more weight or do more reps. It's that simple. Also as mentioned if I fail I know it's a diet or hormone issue, but training is simple. Ive gone from a top of 218 at 5'9 to nearly as lean, but a tight 271.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131