Swollen Ankles???

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So my buddy goes on a 4 day cruise...... leaves weighing 179, comes back 196.... i could hardly believe my eyes......swollen like a fish....especially his ankles.... they don't look normal and I'm a bit concerned.... I know he was looking forward to eating everything in sight (junk)....he was on Tren Ace before leaving and looked awesome.... he was at about 100g of carbs a day before the cruise......on the cruise i'm sure he had THOUSANDS of grams of carbs daily (going based on what he told me he ate)....he also tells me he has pain in his kidney areas.....what could it be?? could it be just the huge influx of carbs that's causing the swelling and the pain??.. allergic reaction???..... thoughts?

So my buddy goes on a 4 day cruise...... leaves weighing 179, comes back 196.... i could hardly believe my eyes......swollen like a fish....especially his ankles.... they don't look normal and I'm a bit concerned.... I know he was looking forward to eating everything in sight (junk)....he was on Tren Ace before leaving and looked awesome.... he was at about 100g of carbs a day before the cruise......on the cruise i'm sure he had THOUSANDS of grams of carbs daily (going based on what he told me he ate)....he also tells me he has pain in his kidney areas.....what could it be?? could it be just the huge influx of carbs that's causing the swelling and the pain??.. allergic reaction???..... thoughts?

Did he drink a ton?

Sounds like a bad case of water retention and bloating from going full potato on the junk food and stuff. Happened to me post show once but I never had kidney pain and I'd would see a doctor about that...

Funny thing is i'm going on a 7 day cruise next Saturday and my intent was to go ape shit on the junk as well...after seeing him i've decided not to go too crazy.....gonna enjoy myself but not "force feed"..... when i get back i'll be 10 weeks out of my next comp... that'll be in the back of my mind...i'm sure that'll help

Last edited:
I had this happen after my first contest. I went from a body weight of 190Lbs on stage to 234Lbs 3 days later. It can be quite dangerous and hard on the heart. Once he drops sodium and goes back on a clean diet and adds daily cardio then the water will go away. It shouldn't take too long if he gets strict again.
I didn't have kidney pain but severe lower back pain from all the water retention swelling and pressing against the nerves.

I had this happen after my first contest. I went from a body weight of 190Lbs on stage to 234Lbs 3 days later. It can be quite dangerous and hard on the heart. Once he drops sodium and goes back on a clean diet and adds daily cardio then the water will go away. It shouldn't take too long if he gets strict again.
I didn't have kidney pain but severe lower back pain from all the water retention swelling and pressing against the nerves.

There are a lot of reasons for edema -this to me sounds simple like JJ is saying.
You go from 100 carbs a day to 1000 a day with fat and sodium in there you swell up, I have seen guys do this after a show a lot.
He needs to be on a diuretic that much water regardless of the cause is hard on your cardio pulmonary - he needs to get the shit under control, plenty of guys have dropped dead from h20 retention after shows.
I think the scenario points to an overcompensation as the cause, did he water deplete and take some sort of diuretic before the cruise?
If so this can explain a lot of the water retention, big shifts in aldosterone signal the body to either retain or eliminate.

I think the scenario points to an overcompensation as the cause, did he water deplete and take some sort of diuretic before the cruise?

He did not..... he eats REALLY clean practically all the time..... Also, this was his 1st run with Tren and he told me he's never craved junk so much....he told me he was downing garbage without even being really hungry..... said he had a really hard time controlling himself..

He did not..... he eats REALLY clean practically all the time..... Also, this was his 1st run with Tren and he told me he's never craved junk so much....he told me he was downing garbage without even being really hungry..... said he had a really hard time controlling himself..

Yeah its the same as after a show, 16-20 weeks of clean eating and dieting then one week of pure food debauchery and PUFF!
He needs diuretic, I would recommend MHP Expel or if he has to go stronger thiazide.

I have Spironolactone and Torsemide on hand..... can he take either one of them???

I have Spironolactone and Torsemide on hand..... can he take either one of them???

Spironolactone would be where I would start - try to halt aldosterone.
Torsemeside is a generic Lasix and very strong, I would only use that if spiro doesn't seem to help.
If you have to use the Lasix use 1/2 a pill at first.

Spironolactone would be where I would start - try to halt aldosterone.
Torsemeside is a generic Lasix and very strong, I would only use that if spiro doesn't seem to help.
If you have to use the Lasix use 1/2 a pill at first.

Awesome...thanks brother

he should go to the doctor and have blood work done... same thing happened to me swollen ankles blood work came back my white blood cells were extremely elevated which means my body was fighting an infection... they were able to treat me with antibiotics

exactly bro. clearly its not good but he said he gained what 20 pounds in a week, no shit his ankles are swollen. this has happened to me many times and I have showed my docter and he said sodium intake. I also notice this happens a little more when I am not active for a few days and I eat like shit. this doesn't always mean your dying and having kidney failure.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar