over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Swollen leg following quad shot

thSman

Newbies
Hi guys,
I' more than a bit concerned here. I did a quad shot 3 1/2 days ago now of Test P and NPP into my left outer quad of 2.4 mil. I ve used the gear for 6 weeks now with ne real probs and its from an top sponsor on here.

I swabbed the tops of the vials and injection site as usual, the only difference was the the 1.25" blue needle fell of the syringe although the sleeve was still on the needle and it didnt fall on the floor. It was only off the syringe for a few secs.

My whole left leg is swollen now right down to my ankle and it's ever so slightly tingling.

I can walk fine although it does hurt when I bend at the knee doe to the swelling I guess ?

Any advice is welcome .

I only go in half the length of the needle too as I'm lean.

Are you kidding???

GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You entire leg is swollen and you are asking for advice :eek::eek::eek:

GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ What he said. If it's that swollen - where it hurts if you bend your knee - you need to have a doc look!!!

Noooooo don't ever think to go to the hospital.. those people there will help you!!! .... don't go there.... NO PAIN NO GAIN

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Read my response on ANASCI.

You may or may not have an infection. Likelihood is high, but it's possible there isn't one. You could have just done a very poor injection, go read what I wrote.

I'm not a huge fan of traditional medicine and it's lack of ability to keep or maintain a person's health, but one thing I'm sure of is they are your best bet in emergency situations which this clearly is. Go to the emergency room NOW!

I would go before I lost a leg from it getting septic maybe, but go. Stop being a doctor in real life and go. Thanks from all of us on here at PM.

This happened to me before. Went to the doctor. Tendon was inflamed . Gave me Motrin 800 and told me to ice it. I would get it looked at asap, you might not be as lucky

Here's an update -
Went to the local Hospital at 6 am yesterday, got passed around a few wards the eventally had an ultrasound scan which showed up a pocket of fluid 12x4x 0.5 cm deep.

It was a toss up between plastic surgery and one of the other disciplines on who made the final decision on what was to happen, I had to get home by 6 to the family so I was given 2 types of antibiotics and went back this morn.

The inflammation had went down a little but the plastics wanted to admit me put me on IV antibiotics and make a 12cm incision, drain it pack it. This would mean hospitalization for 3 days. Then get me back a few days later for final stiching.

I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated.

I've been speaking to a Fellow BBer about this and he was very surprised that they are doing this and thinks they prob have little experiance of this. He went onto say that he had a swelling on his butt that lasted for 10 days prior to a show but it did dissipate from a Tren jab.

I then spoke again with the Surgeon to ask if I could just leave it for the weekend and come back on monday and give the antibiotics chance 1st, he seen my point and agreed but we also said I'd return over the weekend if it got any worse.

I explained to him that I thought I'd just not put all of the 1.25/25g needle all the way in one maybe a couple of quad shots and that whats lying under the skin not alot of puss/infection and the fluid was the steroid.

Ive mostly had a slight swelling after the Test P & NPP shots and from what Ive read it was common place so it didnt overly concern me, I realise now I should have asked you guys.

Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?

I feel fine just tha warm lump and swollen leg that tingles now and again, I guess this may be the pressure.

Do you have any experience of this and do you think the oil will dissapate ?

I've come off now and started my Clomid and Nolvadex, do you think this is wise to take with the antibiotics ?

Many thanks !!

Here's an update -
Went to the local Hospital at 6 am yesterday, got passed around a few wards the eventally had an ultrasound scan which showed up a pocket of fluid 12x4x 0.5 cm deep.

It was a toss up between plastic surgery and one of the other disciplines on who made the final decision on what was to happen, I had to get home by 6 to the family so I was given 2 types of antibiotics and went back this morn.

The inflammation had went down a little but the plastics wanted to admit me put me on IV antibiotics and make a 12cm incision, drain it pack it. This would mean hospitalization for 3 days. Then get me back a few days later for final stiching.

I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated.

I've been speaking to a Fellow BBer about this and he was very surprised that they are doing this and thinks they prob have little experiance of this. He went onto say that he had a swelling on his butt that lasted for 10 days prior to a show but it did dissipate from a Tren jab.

I then spoke again with the Surgeon to ask if I could just leave it for the weekend and come back on monday and give the antibiotics chance 1st, he seen my point and agreed but we also said I'd return over the weekend if it got any worse.

I explained to him that I thought I'd just not put all of the 1.25/25g needle all the way in one maybe a couple of quad shots and that whats lying under the skin not alot of puss/infection and the fluid was the steroid.

Ive mostly had a slight swelling after the Test P & NPP shots and from what Ive read it was common place so it didnt overly concern me, I realise now I should have asked you guys.

Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?

I feel fine just tha warm lump and swollen leg that tingles now and again, I guess this may be the pressure.

Do you have any experience of this and do you think the oil will dissapate ?

I've come off now and started my Clomid and Nolvadex, do you think this is wise to take with the antibiotics ?

Many thanks !!

I had cellulitis from a bad pin in my leg, didn't waste time and went to my doc. He gave me antibiotics and it was gone in a week. Yours is worse, and you waited waaaaaaay to long to go in. They might have to do surgery, might not. If it gets worse go in

Swollen injection sites are very common, even from prescription test. If you have been on testosterone replacement for 20 years, you will have had at least a handful of swollen sites. It can be red, hot, and very pronounced (if in your outer quad, you can really seen how effective synthol is!).

This is all totally normal and goes away in 3-5 days. A real abscess/cellulitis is a whole other level and something that I have only experienced once (antibiotics cleared it up quickly).

Because most bodybuilders, especially ones new to gear, are notorious hypochondriacs, I suspect you just have a mild immune reaction at the injection site that will clear up on it's own, and especially with antibiotics.

I would only let them cut you as a last resort.

Last edited:
Thanks Kaladryn I'm hoping this is what will happen. It is Cellulitis I have it's just the lump thats concerning.

I'm pretty convinced its oil trapped between the muscle fascia and the sub cut fat, I saw the scan whilst it was getting done and this is what they said.

Do you know if the oil will disperse over time ??

If so I'll be happy to let the antibiotics run for the course and have lump there for lomger aslong as it goes.

My right quad is swollen right now, I can hardly bend my leg and im limping around. It has happened before and it just goes away within a few days. I would not go through any surgery yet man, unless it really gets worse.

The swellings down some more this morning so the anibiotics are working, less redness around the lump too.

It's just weather the oil thats between the fascia and sub cut fat will disperse over time now ??

Anyone had any experiance or knowledge on this ?

If not I've got to go back for re assesment on monday morn.

The swellings down some more this morning so the anibiotics are working, less redness around the lump too.

It's just weather the oil thats between the fascia and sub cut fat will disperse over time now ??

Anyone had any experiance or knowledge on this ?

If not I've got to go back for re assesment on monday morn.

If it is indeed the oil, yes it will be absorbed over time.

How does your wife not know you run gear? GL with the infection. Personally, id do the quicker and more functional route. Get it done and over with.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws