over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Syntherol question

aapemann

Newbies
Here's the deal , I shattered my spine in 1994 as the result of this I have a lot of damage below the waist. I was wanting some feed back and be as brutal as you want. Im taking a look at doing some Syntherol just in my calves , The reason is because is my calves have pretty much went Atrophy.I have very little strength in them. I'm not looking for them to get huge just a little bigger that's all. Any input bad or good would be appreciated , thank you

Last edited:
Painful. But do a search on big a syntherol protocol. Tons of info brother

110% or expect to regret it!

Here's the deal , I shattered my spine in 1994 as the result of this I have a lot of damage below the waist. I was wanting some feed back and be as brutal as you want. Im taking a look at doing some Syntherol just in my calves , The reason is because is my calves have pretty much went Atrophy.I have very little strength in them. I'm not looking for them to get huge just a little bigger that's all. Any input bad or good would be appreciated , thank you

My calf training is great but I simply don't have genetics to have great calves. I done everything you could think of for years. I have researched everything to do with calf development. So from training them once per week to every day for 6 months straight and everything in between. The main thing training wise that has helped (apart from frequent training) is stretching/holding at the bottom of each rep. Of course full extension/squeezing at the top too. Anyway 4 weeks of syntherol use in my calves gave me more results than years of training them brutally hard.

You don't need to lift heavy weight either but of course that is optimal. Doing your standard syntherol cycle with frequent pump style workouts should give you great results. I have been meaning to start another syntherol cycle this week but just have a few issues with my back so have waited but I should start anyday. In fact I will get starting pics done 2moro then I will begin. The pain is nowhere as bad as I first thought it would be but it's hard to keep it up so you have to really be driven and committed if you want to really transform your calves.

My calf training is great but I simply don't have genetics to have great calves. I done everything you could think of for years. I have researched everything to do with calf development. So from training them once per week to every day for 6 months straight and everything in between. The main thing training wise that has helped (apart from frequent training) is stretching/holding at the bottom of each rep. Of course full extension/squeezing at the top too. Anyway 4 weeks of syntherol use in my calves gave me more results than years of training them brutally hard.

You don't need to lift heavy weight either but of course that is optimal. Doing your standard syntherol cycle with frequent pump style workouts should give you great results. I have been meaning to start another syntherol cycle this week but just have a few issues with my back so have waited but I should start anyday. In fact I will get starting pics done 2moro then I will begin. The pain is nowhere as bad as I first thought it would be but it's hard to keep it up so you have to really be driven and committed if you want to really transform your calves.

How much did u keep out of ur last run man

How much did u keep out of ur last run man

I am unsure and need to measure them. I just looked for my tape measure but can't find it. If it doesn't show up I will buy a new one 2moro. They look better then they did beforehand. I am off all hormones now but my calves look the same as when on as they don't really change. That may seem a positive but it's a big negative :eek::D I am really going to go for it next year in regards to building muscle. I will include all details in my new log with regular pics so hopefully I can them to 19 inches.

not popular views I know

I know this thread is not really about calf development, is ultimately about
the use of S yntherol, but could not resist chiming in. No offence please.

My opinion . . . ditch the S yntherol. Once you have built your calves to the
point where they have some actual shape and definition, well . . . them,
perhaps, just perhaps, the usage of S yntherol might be justified, if you plan
on competing that is. Otherwise why do it? Nobody but yourself really
cares. You can’t run around in shorts year ‘rond . . . unless you live in
Florida that is ;)

My second opinion . . . the stretch in any calf exercise, with weight, with the
intention of building your calves is highly overrated and unnecessary.
Again, my opinion. Flat footed calf raises (straight and bent leg) with the
emphasis on a long and mindful contraction is where it is at. Weight, while
important for progression, should not be at the expense of form and
repetitions.

A quick look at athletes who spend much time on their toes with no stretching
will perhaps help to illustrate my point. Think ballet dancers and cyclists for
instance. Neither stretches their calves except as a function of physical therapy.
Some, not all have great calves, but I do think the attached foto helps to illustrate
my point. Sure, some will say, that proves nothing, they are ‘outliers.’ Well that
could be so but the same could be said for bodybuilders who are gifted with
excellent calf development. Ballet dances . . . cyclists . . . good calf development
with zero stretching. Is that cause or effect . . . who wants to be the judge of that?

My third opinion . . . calves development is mostly genetic. We all know
that. Small ankles, low insertions are a plus. But they can and will improve like
all body parts but typically not in-line with your, or in my case, expectations.
Sad but true if you are looking for dramatic improvement.

Can’t tell you how many sets or the frequency. That you will have to figure
out yourself. Please keep accurate records, fotos, and accurate measurements
(see my post on measuring arms) but I would favor high reps, 50 – 100
as a place to start. Your mileage will vary.

Elvia1023, not dissing you. You are a good guy. And I am very much looking
forward to the before and after fotos of your calves after you finish your
S yntherol run. I hear they are, the shots that is, extraordinarily painful painful.
You are a better man than I.

And aapemann . . . sorry if I hijacked your thread :(

Attachments

• athleticcalves.jpg
    athleticcalves.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Well thanks for the feed back but your actually wrong sorry and no disrespect. It was a genuine question I had. The accident I had really screwed my legs up and I shouldn't even be walking today. This how bad my calves are, my forearms are bigger then them. On top of that I have no feeling from my knees down. However I was looking at a video of someone injecting into them and I dont think Im gonna be able to do it anyways as I have no muscle to inject it into, bogus. Guess I'll continue walking on stilts lol

Last edited:
my apologies

Well thanks for the feed back but your actually wrong sorry and no disrespect. It was a genuine question I had. The accident I had really screwed my legs up and I shouldn't even be walking today. This how bad my calves are, my forearms are bigger then them. On top of that I have no feeling from my knees down. However I was looking at a video of someone injecting into them and I dont think Im gonna be able to do it anyways as I have no muscle to inject it into, bogus. Guess I'll continue walking on stilts lol

I am truly sorry for what you have endured.

This additional bit of information would have useful,
earlier, rather than later. I had no real idea :(

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for.

why do it? Nobody but yourself really
cares.

Ron, my friend, the above statement could be made about absolutely anything, don't you think?!?!

Of course when I do something, whatever, no one but me cares! You don't take the decision to engage into some new venture (well, a sane mind anyways :eek:) in hope that people will applaud you... it's always for it pleases you, makes you feel good and/or brings your life some added value. Then, and only then, if people notice and find it "cool", ok, but others' opinion should never be the deciding factor. ;)

I actually agree with you. I have literally read everything on calf development from all the top trainers. I have probably watched 100 you tube vids on training calves too (there are loads of great ones). Plus I have experimented on myself and others for years. I have seen others make the progress I did in training them everyday for 6 months in about 1 month of twice weekly training. Trust me I have trained them twice weekly too.

I have also mentioned ballet dancers and cyclists many times on this forum. That's why I wrote "Of course full extension/squeezing at the top too." I always think that should be a given when discussing calf training. But for me the stretch on the bottom really added to results. It's putting tension on the calves we don't naturally do. Granted a full stretch on the positive does in a sense too (as we don't exactly walk on our tiptoes all day long). That's why for most sets every rep includes both for me. I also like to play about with things but for majority of sets all reps are controlled with a sharp squeeze at the top (1 sec hold) and about a 2 sec stretch at the bottom.

I also started concentrating on the front too so incorporate a variety of tibialis raises... another great tool for people with weak calves.

Genetics play a role in everything but many use it as an excuse when it's their failure in training effectively that is the main reason. But I definitely think genetics is fundamental for calves. Most of the guys with the best calves I know don't even train them or they do with your standard once per week half arsed seated and standing calf raises. I guess a good example of that could be those fat guys you see with amazing calves. For some just carrying their weight around each day is enough. A lean/muscular 250 pound guy with great calf genetics probably only needs to walk a mile every day to have great calves. Now add effective training once per week and they have amazing calves.

But there are no excuses from me and I know with hard work I can build them to look pretty fucking good :D

I know this thread is not really about calf development, is ultimately about
the use of S yntherol, but could not resist chiming in. No offence please.

My opinion . . . ditch the S yntherol. Once you have built your calves to the
point where they have some actual shape and definition, well . . . them,
perhaps, just perhaps, the usage of S yntherol might be justified, if you plan
on competing that is. Otherwise why do it? Nobody but yourself really
cares. You can’t run around in shorts year ‘rond . . . unless you live in
Florida that is ;)

My second opinion . . . the stretch in any calf exercise, with weight, with the
intention of building your calves is highly overrated and unnecessary.
Again, my opinion. Flat footed calf raises (straight and bent leg) with the
emphasis on a long and mindful contraction is where it is at. Weight, while
important for progression, should not be at the expense of form and
repetitions.

A quick look at athletes who spend much time on their toes with no stretching
will perhaps help to illustrate my point. Think ballet dancers and cyclists for
instance. Neither stretches their calves except as a function of physical therapy.
Some, not all have great calves, but I do think the attached foto helps to illustrate
my point. Sure, some will say, that proves nothing, they are ‘outliers.’ Well that
could be so but the same could be said for bodybuilders who are gifted with
excellent calf development. Ballet dances . . . cyclists . . . good calf development
with zero stretching. Is that cause or effect . . . who wants to be the judge of that?

My third opinion . . . calves development is mostly genetic. We all know
that. Small ankles, low insertions are a plus. But they can and will improve like
all body parts but typically not in-line with your, or in my case, expectations.
Sad but true if you are looking for dramatic improvement.

Can’t tell you how many sets or the frequency. That you will have to figure
out yourself. Please keep accurate records, fotos, and accurate measurements
(see my post on measuring arms) but I would favor high reps, 50 – 100
as a place to start. Your mileage will vary.

Elvia1023, not dissing you. You are a good guy. And I am very much looking
forward to the before and after fotos of your calves after you finish your
S yntherol run. I hear they are, the shots that is, extraordinarily painful painful.
You are a better man than I.

And aapemann . . . sorry if I hijacked your thread :(

Ron, my friend, the above statement could be made about absolutely anything, don't you think?!?!

Of course when I do something, whatever, no one but me cares! You don't take the decision to engage into some new venture (well, a sane mind anyways :eek:) in hope that people will applaud you... it's always for it pleases you, makes you feel good and/or brings your life some added value. Then, and only then, if people notice and find it "cool", ok, but others' opinion should never be the deciding factor. ;)

Exactly. I don't usually care what people think... well unless it's a young pretty latina girl with a big bottom :D

I never agree with the guys who say things like you should only use syntherol/tren/orals/high doses etc if you don't compete. If you want to do something then do it. If you want huge arms then train as hard as possible and use syntherol if you think it will help. It doesn't matter if you aren't going to be judged on stage. Most competitors don't make any money so the "he makes money from his body" shouldn't really come into it. The satisfaction of attaining the goals you set yourself means more to me than money ever could.

I have to admit though one driving force in my calf training is the fact it annoys me that people may look at me and think his upper body looks impressive but he must half arse leg training. I am actually proportional in size but in shorts and a vest my upper body definitely look many time better to my calves :eek: I tend to be much more vascular up top so that probably adds to the difference from top to bottom too. So I guess it is one area I actually want to look better for other people. An extreme of it are those guys with decent upper bodies and they have literally never even trained legs, nevermind calves... looks ridiculous :eek:

speaking of calves

I doubt but a few of us old farts remember the Boyer Coe Calf Shoe. It had this glob of rubber attached
to the front of the athletic shoe. Supposedly you were to run with these and it would improve your calves.
Sure. I see a recipe for disaster and then some. Even Boyer distanced himself from the product years
later . . . said it was a complete folly.

Genetics . . .

Furthermore, like a testimonial from a guy who was literally born with great calves means anything.
Much like Chris Dickerson . . . born with great calves. (He had a twin brother who had better calves then
his and unlike Chris, he never trained them.) FYI, Chris did some ‘homoerotic’ male modeling before he
got into bodybuilding full swing and the fotos of him show his ‘natural’ calves dwarfing his quads.
Looked ridiculous, but hey, what could he do?, he was born with them. And wishful thinking on my part ;)

Attachments

• boyercoecalkshoe.jpg
    boyercoecalkshoe.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 74
I doubt but a few of us old farts remember the Boyer Coe Calf Shoe. It had this glob of rubber attached

to the front of the athletic shoe. Supposedly you were to run with these and it would improve your calves.

Sure. I see a recipe for disaster and then some. Even Boyer distanced himself from the product years

later . . . said it was a complete folly.

Genetics . . .

Furthermore, like a testimonial from a guy who was literally born with great calves means anything.

Much like Chris Dickerson . . . born with great calves. (He had a twin brother who had better calves then

his and unlike Chris, he never trained them.) FYI, Chris did some ‘homoerotic’ male modeling before he

got into bodybuilding full swing and the fotos of him show his ‘natural’ calves dwarfing his quads.

Looked ridiculous, but hey, what could he do?, he was born with them. And wishful thinking on my part ;)

For the most part I agree. Most are born with them. And yes I'm old enough to remember the shoes. Got me laughing when I saw them again. I naturally have a big chest but want to bring up my bies. trying syntherol for the first time to see if it will do the trick. I have done everything else at this point. 3 weeks in the wife is saying that they are getting out of proportion to my shoulders. I'll keep pushing them for a few months and back off. Maybe it will work maybe not. In the end most people don't keep gains when the go off aas. But sure have a good time while there on the run.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351