over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Syntherol safety issue

Eagle

Newbies
Hi everybody!

Syntherol contains SILICA.
Silica is known to provoke cancer (plus other trouble) when inhaled.

Syntherol (as all other site enhancing oils) is absorber 100% into the body, so the silica contained in the syntherol is going to float into the system after a while.

I'm not saying in any ways that this HAS TO cause problems.
I was just thinking that a chemical which is highly toxic and cancerogenic for the lungs, MAYBE is not so safe for other body tissues.

Has anyone considered / had / had heard of possible health risks related to that?

By the way: why is silica added to the oil?

Eagle ;)

You are confusing silica with silicone - BIG difference! Silica is a naturally occuring substance in the body and nature - silicone is used in industry (and breast implants) and it's very dangerous. But do not confuse them!
This subject has been covered extensively in the past - if you do a search there's tons of info about it.

If you search all over the web you will find that the silica that the warnings are about is different. The kind warned about is used in "sand" among other things:

Product Names/Trade Names:

Silica Sand sold under various names: ASTM TESTING SANDS • GLASS SAND • FLINT SILICA • DM-SERIES • F-SERIES • FOUNDRY SANDS • FJ-SERIES • FP-SERIES • H-SERIES • L-SERIES • N-SERIES • NJ-SERIES • OK-SERIES • P-SERIES • T-SERIES • HYDRAULIC FRACING SANDS • MIN-U-SIL® • MYSTIC WHITE® • #1 DRY • #1 SPECIAL • PENN SAND® • Q-ROK® • SIL-CO-SIL® • SUPERSIL®.

You can also contact osha and they will tell you that the silica you are refering to, and the liquid kind used in labratories and drugs, and things of that nature, are totally different.

Here's pasted what is written in MIMS (the medical drug directory where every substance is listed) regarding silica, the same kind that is in Syntherol. This is an independant publication, published by the medical board, so there's no partial information here from companies with financial interests:

"Silica is a mineral that is widely distributed over the Earth. It strengthens plant stalks, giving them their ability to stand upright and resist winds. Silica is also present in the human bodies, where it is involved in various processes. Silica affects many of the human body's tissues because it is needed to regulate metabolism.

Silica is of particular importance for the skin and is an element in tooth enamel and in the body’s connective tissues (which support and connect the body’s organs). The most common form of connective tissue is collagen. As humans get older, the natural supply of Collagen diminishes, with the result that the skin becomes less elastic, losing its smoothness and tone, while the nails may become brittle and the hair becomes coarser and loses something of its shine.

Silica in combination with Vitamin C, protein and other substances is needed to form and preserve this vital Collagen tissue. Silica thus helps to keep skin healthy and supple at the same time as strengthening hair, nails and bones. It has been used with good results to improve the complexion, brittle nails and over-dry hair"

Syntherol is made under contract by one of the largest pharmaceutical suppliers in the world. The silica in it is PHARMACEUTICAL grade, intended for HUMAN use, so don't confuse it with the industrial silica/silicone.

The idea of having the silica in Syntherol is to 'soften' the fascia even more.

Big A said:
You are confusing silica with silicone - BIG difference! Silica is a naturally occuring substance in the body and nature - silicone is used in industry (and breast implants) and it's very dangerous. But do not confuse them!

The idea of having the silica in Syntherol is to 'soften' the fascia even more.

Thank you for the reply.

I was actually thinking of silica, not silicone.
Silica is a very precise molecule, no matter what is the form we are talking about. It may be liquid, when solubilized, or sandy.

Why should silica "soften the fascia" even more?
What does it do exactly?

Please note that I do not want to put a dark shadow over syntherol.
I am actually thinking of trying it.

One last thing.

The company which is selling syntherol declares: "for external use only".
We all know the reason to write that, still it sounds a little scary to me.

I use the syntherol, I get sick after maybe some years of use, but it's my fault and only my fault because I injected it when it was made for external use only...

Eagle ;)

Eagle said:

Thank you for the reply.

I was actually thinking of silica, not silicone.
Silica is a very precise molecule, no matter what is the form we are talking about. It may be liquid, when solubilized, or sandy.

What does it do exactly?

Please note that I do not want to put a dark shadow over syntherol.
I am actually thinking of trying it.

One last thing.

I use the syntherol, I get sick after maybe some years of use, but it's my fault and only my fault because I injected it when it was made for external use only...

Eagle ;)

MA BRAAAAVO DA TE PROPRIO NON ME L'ASPETTAVO!!! :D

"Please note that I do not want to put a dark shadow over syntherol."

I am not thinking that at all. You have a right to questin everything that goes into your body and you should always do.

The purpose of using Syntherol is to stretch the fascia to allow new muscle growth. Read my 'Site Enhancing Oils - a how to guide' thread in the Article's forum of this site. That explains the principles behind Syntherol use.
Silica keeps all connective tissues in the body more supple, so theoretically, it should also help to make the fascia 'softer', more flexible, which will allow it to stretch easier. That's the way I understand it.

"One last thing.

I use the syntherol, I get sick after maybe some years of use, but it's my fault and only my fault because I injected it when it was made for external use only..."

You can't get sick years later from it. The body metabolises the oil within months, all off it. So there is nothing in there to make you sick years down the track. Syntherol has been around for 2 years now and noone has had any negative effects. It's impossible to do that as it doesn't contain any drugs, etc. PumpNPose has been around for 6 years (?) now. Again, no negative reactions as such.
The only problems one can have are short term if they don't follow the instructions properly. That means they can get scar tissue, oil boluses, inject in a vein, etc. Again, if you read my article that I mentioned above, you will have all the right directions too. If you follow all those, you will not have any complications or negative reactions.

SHit!!!

Syntherol is like the ONLY product that hasn't given me any problems. I think the thought that Silica can cause problems is one of those things on paper it can happen but, in real life situations it rarely if EVER does.

RY

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_