advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Synthetic HGH does NOT inhibit GHRP Growth Hormone release while active.

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
This study shows that even after taking exogenous HGH, GHRP's like hexarelin can still secrete GH. This gets rid of the theory that you can't take a GHRP until synthetic HGH has cleared your system. The study shows GHRP's inhibit somatostatin making HGH work better. This is a new idea here at pm. This means I'm taking GHRP2 every 3 hours even while taking HGH twice a day.

Exogenous growth hormone administration does not inhibit the growth hormone response to hexarelin in normal men.

Cappa M, et al. J Endocrinol Invest. 1995.
Show full citation
Abstract]/b]
Administration of exogenous human growth hormone (GH) blunts the GH response to physiological as well as pharmacological stimuli, including GH-releasing hormone (GHRH). Hexarelin (Hex) is a new synthetic GH-releasing peptide (GHRP) similar to GHRP-6 with potent GH-releasing activity in animals and men. To determine whether the short-term administration of GH inhibits the Hex-induced GH release, we measured the GH response to Hex (2 micrograms/kg iv) in five normal adult males (age 26-32 yr) three h after an iv bolus of rhGH (2 IU) or saline. Mean incremental change of serum GH from value at time 0 was 47.5 +/- 5.5 and 41.5 +/- 4.1 micrograms/l after saline + Hex and GH + Hex, respectively. Mean incremental area under the curve over baseline was 3216 +/- 586 and 3735 +/- 506 micrograms.min.1 after saline + Hex and GH + Hex, respectively. One of the proposed mechanism of action of GHRPs is to serve as functional somatostatin (SRIH) antagonists, and it is known that GH feeds backs on the hypothalamus to stimulate SRIH release. Therefore, we speculate that antagonisms of SRIH function by Hex prevented the inhibitory effect of exogenous GH, thus lending further support to the hypotheses that SRIH is involved in the feedback regulation of GH secretion, and that GHRPs action involves inhibition of SRIH function.

Great find JJ!!! Seems like since GHRPs inhibit somatostatin, they will always pulse when administered regardless of other exogenous circumstances.

Hexarelin proves it's strength once again.

This is the best study. I love that it shows taking a GHRP like hexarelin, regardless of timing, will make synthetic HGH work better by inhibiting somatostatin, while simultaneously causing the pituitary gland to create a GH pulse.

So what do you think this means in regards to taking hgw, huperzine A, green tea and melatonin for somatostatin inhibition, if taking GHRP?

I have not read the study yet, but if your synopsis is correct, this is actually news to me! The popular belief that gets repeated is that exo gh (while active) will inhibit the release of natty gh when using a typical cjc/ghrp2 stack.

This is good to know.

Last edited:
I have not read the study yet, but if your synopsis is correct, this is actually news to me! The popular belief that gets repeated is that exo gh (while active) will inhibit the release of natty gh when using a typical cjc/ghrp2 stack.

This is good to know.

I believe it inhibits GHRH, but GHRP seems to work fine. Same goes for having fats and sugars in your system. GHRP doesn't seem to be affected as much, whereas GHRH is shut down by 80%+ from fats and sugars.

So what do you think this means in regards to taking hgw, huperzine A, green tea and melatonin for somatostatin inhibition, if taking GHRP?

I think it all helps inhibit somatostatin. I would imagine there is synergy in stacking it all.

I wish they did a study to see if ghrh will be effected as well.

I wish they did a study to see if ghrh will be effected as well.

Here we go. This study shows HGH severely blunts GHRH.

hGH infusion inhibits somatotroph response to growth hormone releasing hormone (1-44).
Rosenbaum M, et al. Metabolism. 1988.
Show full citation
Abstract
To determine whether the short-term administration of growth hormone inhibits pituitary responsiveness to h-GHRH we measured the somatotroph response to h-GHRH-44 (0.3 micrograms/kg) stimulation in ten normal subjects from the third to the fifth hour of an infusion of met-hGH (2 micrograms/kg/h) or saline. Insulin, insulin-like growth factors (IGF), somatomedins, free fatty acids (FFA), glycerol, and glucose levels also were assessed during the first 3 hours of infusion. Steady-state GH levels of 5 to 20 ng/mL were achieved during met-hGH infusion. No significant changes in IGF, insulin, or glucose levels measured at the beginning and again after three hours of infusion occurred within or between conditions. Infusion of met-hGH was associated with a significantly greater increase in FFA levels (69 +/- 50 mumol/L following saline v 433 +/- 57 mumol/L following three hours of met-hGH infusion (P less than .001)). The somatotroph response to h-GHRH-44 was significantly blunted during met-hGH infusion (incremental area under the GH/time curve decreasing from 1,196 +/- 183 (ng/mL) X min to 380 +/- 139 (ng/mL) X min (P less than .005)). These data demonstrate that this blunting can occur following short-term exogenous GH administration and at serum GH levels comparable to those achieved during naturally occurring bursts of GH secretion. They also suggest that acute mediation of GH release must occur, at least in part, at the pituitary somatotroph level and that IGFs and/or insulin may not be the primary inhibitors. This phenomenon may be directly or indirectly due to GH-dependent metabolic factors such as FFA or glycerol.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Yea but if you inhibit somatostatin, it will work. From what I am reading, the only thing that appears to be in the way of endogenous GH release is somatostatin. Ghrp inhibits it, so it can work on its own. Ghrh can't, so add a somatostatin inhibitor 20-30mins prior and it should pulse. Honestly, ghrh is weak on its own anyway. The only one that I woild use without a Ghrp is cjc dac, and the half life is soo long it will work when GH levels are not elevated by exo GH aka after the exo GH active life has ended or began to fall. Even then, throw in hup A during the day and the dac should be working since somatostatin is inhibited.

I've been doing this for awhile it works great and I don't run gh on weekends so I take a 2mg shot of dac on sat morning.

If food reduces ghrh by %80 and you are using cjc with dac does that mean every time you eat it's reduced until the meal clears.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws